Paul "I am a Knob" Kent (Daily Telegraph)

B

bigjaymz

BRL Player
Jul 14, 2010
Did anyone see the Matty Johns Show last night with Paul Kent suggesting (by screaming at Webcke who was defending Brisbane) that we are over the cap and also saying that Lockyer is only on $250000, suggesting that there is a rort. Why would anyone cheat by signing Inglis from Melbourne after what has gone on?

Am I stupid or could this be considered defamation towards Lockyer and/or the Broncos?
If I went out and screamed to the media about another publically listed company doing something illegal which they weren't I could be sued? No?

Yes I had the misfortune to see this last night.

His argument was ridiculous about that we now have 5 internationals therefore must be over the cap. Not once did he look at the rest of the roster and think "Hmmm...I wonder how much Hoffman, Yow Yeh, Gillett, Glenn, Hunt etc. are on"

Idiot.

Not to mention that we really have not signed anyone to play this year and we also lost Hunt, Marsh and Clinton......

I just can't believe they can get away saying a club whoever they are, are cheating. No one in the media ever said Melbourne were cheating befoe there was a leak. Gus on the footy show, after it all came out said it was always in the back of his mind that they would be over......But didn't open his mouth.

Ps Is that Petrucci in your profile pic? One of my fav shredders!!

I would also agree that it is pretty irresponsible to be wildly throwing accusations in the public arena thinly veiled behind the guise of "journalism"

And yes, indeed that is the great John Petrucci in my avatar - he's the man!!!

Meat77 said:
I would also agree that it is pretty irresponsible to be wildly throwing accusations in the public arena thinly veiled behind the guise of "journalism"

And yes, indeed that is the great John Petrucci in my avatar - he's the man!!!

News papers and journalists (and i use that term loosely when refering to people like Kent and Rebecca Wilson) can still get sued for defamation

You misspelled his surname.

Foordy said:
ningnangnong said:
You misspelled his surname.

my mistake

Lol, I was talking about the fella who started the thread...it was a joke BTW, see if you can pick up on it. [icon_wink

What a dickhole.

A bloke at work today said to me 'You can understand the concern, you'll have 5 Australian players in the team'

Why is it that only now this has become a massive concern? Bronco haters in the past have always whinged about it but it's never been this bad. Now we have signed Inglis, supporters from every other team are going "AHHHHHH SALARY CAPS 'N SHIT!!1!"

Everyone still loves to hate the Broncos.

Howzat said:
What an absolute disgrace
For anyone that missed it Link

Cheers for the link.

Admirable work from Webcke trying to argue with a simpleton.

Webcke made a very valid point, why would we sign arguably the highest profile player the game has, after the highest profile case of cheating the salary cap we've had, if we'd have to cheat the cap to do so. It would be the stupidest thing to do.

ningnangnong said:
Howzat said:
What an absolute disgrace
For anyone that missed it Link

Cheers for the link.

Admirable work from Webcke trying to argue with a simpleton.

Webcke made a very valid point, why would we sign arguably the highest profile player the game has, after the highest profile case of cheating the salary cap we've had, if we'd have to cheat the cap to do so. It would be the stupidest thing to do.

It's reverse psychology from Bruno... it's like.. "Well.. they will think "Surely they wouldnt cheat the cap after Melbourne saga" so we will do it and we will be smarts!!!"

You know how you are going somewhere that is going to be packed and you think to yourself "Wait... what if everyone has the same thought as me and decide not to go so i'll be the only one there!!!!"

mal said:
You know how you are going somewhere that is going to be packed and you think to yourself "Wait... what if everyone has the same thought as me and decide not to go so i'll be the only one there!!!!"

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I always do that kind of thing.

Credit to webbie for staying as calm as he did. OMG Kent! what a megadouche!

If Bruno is cheating the cap he's either the smartest or dumbest man alive. Oh and Kent is a knob, always has been, always will.

Credit to Webcke for not knocking that knob out.

can we quit with the 'sue them' mentality? what is this, america?

Anonymous person said:
can we quit with the 'sue them' mentality? what is this, america?

I reckon a public apology would be better

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • the_next
  • ChewThePhatt
  • azza.79
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky24
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
  • CHorse
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.