NEWS Paul White puts Broncos on notice after copping medicine last season

Despite none of you actually knowing what the **** I do, the point I was obviously trying to make is that his role would not be overly difficult. He’s shit the bed on the football side, and maintained a decent performance on the business side, which any competent person could do with our market. There is no point him hanging around, just **** him off.
So let me see if I’ve got this right.

You have whinged for quite literally the last 12 months about Bennett being sacked and have stated on numerous occasions we should have at least given him his final year while we looked for his replacement, rather than signing Seibold.

So almost exactly 12 months later you think it would be a good idea to sack the CEO with no replacement lined up?

I see - the old ‘one set of rules for one, a completely different set for another’ mantra.

You’re right, we may not know what you do, but it’s pretty safe to say it does not involve being the CEO of an ASX listed company.

We are about to find out how hard White’s stance is..

Not sure how you haven't realised this yet, but disagreeing with Bennett getting the arse means nothing you say here can ever be considered correct again. Like it doesn't matter that White has presided over the worst period in our history, because you didn't want Bennett sacked. Why should we discuss the shithouse boomerang release given to Kahu at the start of this year, after all aren't you the fella who thought Bennett shouldn't have been sacked? And who cares that sources have stated it's the CEO who drives negotiations with players so plenty of blame rests on White's shoulders for the cap position in which we allegedly find ourselves now, because you didn't want Bennett sacked.
Do you need a tissue? Perhaps a box?

All I can say is that there must be about 12 CEO's at clubs that wake up every morning and thank their blessed lucky stars that they have jobs, because their club has not won a premiership under their reign.

My criticism is that White is being blamed for something that he has some, but really marginal control over.

Can you quote or provide links to the sources that it is White that drives the negotiations with the players? I don't know who bears the major responsibility for our cap position, I am sure that White bears some, but they should all be on notice in my view.

Do you need a tissue? Perhaps a box?
🙄
All I can say is that there must be about 12 CEO's at clubs that wake up every morning and thank their blessed lucky stars that they have jobs, because their club has not won a premiership under their reign.

My criticism is that White is being blamed for something that he has some, but really marginal control over.

Can you quote or provide links to the sources that it is White that drives the negotiations with the players? I don't know who bears the major responsibility for our cap position, I am sure that White bears some, but they should all be on notice in my view.
NRL
Wayne Bennett has been blamed for a lot of things throughout his career, many in relation to the state in which he has left his old clubs.

But you can’t blame him for this one.

Contrary to one narrative that has been told, the four-year deal the Broncos offered Darius Boyd to keep him at the club until the end of 2021 wasn’t a gesture of goodwill from Bennett.

Bennett had nothing to do with the deal.

At the start of 2017, Bennett sat down with Broncos chief executive Paul White, recruitment manager Peter Nolan and board member Darren Lockyer.

Boyd, who was coming off contract that year, was the topic of conversation.

It wasn’t a long meeting. There wasn’t much to debate, really. Because all parties agreed Boyd – then considered a top 10 player in the game - should finish his career as a Bronco.

White told those in the meeting that he would take the lead in negotiations with Boyd’s agent, George Mimis.

Bennett deliberately stayed out of the discussions about the length of the deal, how much money the club was willing to spend.

He simply told the club he wanted him around.

"Darius’s contracting at the time of negotiation was a matter between the CEO and myself," Mimis told NRL.com.

"Wayne’s involvement from my understanding was nothing more than to validate that he wanted to keep Darius at the club."
Of course when this one came out it was just handwaved away. Of course Bennett did the deal, he's Boyd's dad and forced the Broncos to hire him in 2015 because Darius is his son and of course he'd give his son a million dollar contract.

There's a bit of info in the profile piece on Louise Lanigan too, but unsurprisingly it focuses more on her role in things.

Last edited:
D91A6EAF 997E 4FC3 9A03 F82ABC762BF6
829E4B3C 6770 48D1 AADC FA5BC6601B46

🙄

NRL

Of course when this one came out it was just handwaved away. Of course Bennett did the deal, he's Boyd's dad and forced the Broncos to hire him in 2015 because Darius is his son and of course he'd give his son a million dollar contract.

There's a bit of info in the profile piece on Louise Lanigan too, but unsurprisingly it focuses more on her role in things.
Mate that article was written using quotes from Bennett's and Boyd's manager. It is at the bottom of the pile when it comes to what's credible.

Good thing White put all the boys on notice, we won't need to worry about them mucking up over the off-season now.........wait a minute 😔🙃

Mate that article was written using quotes from Bennett's and Boyd's manager. It is at the bottom of the pile when it comes to what's credible.
That's as may be, but it's one of the few bits of on the record evidence relating to recruitment here and is in agreement with the Louise Lanigan piece and what people, I think it was wolfie, have said as well as broader practices within the nrl. The people who claimed it was solely or largely driven by Bennett, however, I haven't seen any evidence to that aside from wishful thinking.

The people who claimed it was solely or largely driven by Bennett, however, I haven't seen any evidence to that aside from wishful thinking.
I would say the fact Boyd played every game of first grade to the point of his last contract being signed under Bennett counts as evidence.

I would say the fact Boyd played every game of first grade to the point of his last contract being signed under Bennett counts as evidence.
That's evidence that not only did Bennett want Boyd to play for him, as quoted in the article, but also that Bennett had a lead role in determining the length and value of the contract, in direct contradiction to the on-the-record quotes?

E: anyway, **** it. Bennett's long gone and won't be returning. White's still here with the rest of our recruitment team and as I understand it is the bloke who actually signs the contracts. Regardless of whether our former coach demanded specific players be given sweetheart deals, unlikely as I personally think that is, the fella putting people on notice might want to have a long hard look in the mirror. There's not much point going through a difficult transition period only for the rest of the recruitment team to continue on in the same fashion.

Last edited:
That's evidence that not only did Bennett want Boyd to play for him, as quoted in the article, but also that Bennett had a lead role in determining the length and value of the contract, in direct contradiction to the on-the-record quotes?

E: anyway, **** it. Bennett's long gone and won't be returning. White's still here with the rest of our recruitment team and as I understand it is the bloke who actually signs the contracts. Regardless of whether our former coach demanded specific players be given sweetheart deals, unlikely as I personally think that is, the fella putting people on notice might want to have a long hard look in the mirror. There's not much point going through a difficult transition period only for the rest of the recruitment team to continue on in the same fashion.
Mate, I will say this, I don't believe admin should be interfering in anyway in the football operations. I am not keen at all about White making public statements like this, the whole thing is starting to have a Bruno Cullen feel about it. That is where I believe the whole rot started with this club.

Despite none of you actually knowing what the **** I do, the point I was obviously trying to make is that his role would not be overly difficult. He’s shit the bed on the football side, and maintained a decent performance on the business side, which any competent person could do with our market. There is no point him hanging around, just **** him off.

This I agree with you on.

We are a one team rugby league mad city with a population of 2.4 million who appeal greatly to corporates because of our profile and what we have built in the past and are still living on former glories. We have all the advantages in the country over every single NRL club and play in one of best rugby league venues for watching live sport in the world.

Because of this the club practically sells itself. It would take a sustained period of no success, bad management and a second Brisbane team before any real impact is felt.

I think anyone with a business background could do what Paul White has done. Had Paul White done what he has done here at the Gold Coast Titans then he would be talked about as the best CEO of all time.

It’s like saying how good the PSG manager is in French Football when they easily won Ligue 1 last season when the reality is they had barely any competition when you consider the resources and advantages they have over the league and the fact any adequate coach could have looked like a world beater with that squad.

I really hate all this talk from the management about everyone being held accountable.

This is why I hate it.

We are suppose to be the biggest club in the country and a professional sporting organisation with elite athletes and elite programs and facilities.

We should be held accountable EVERY FUCKING WEEK not after writing off an entire fucking season.

And if Paul White wants to talk about making everyone accountable, why aren’t the senior players starting pre season right now with the younger members of the squad considering it was the younger guys who absolutely embarrassed the senior players in all aspects last season?

All this talk about how Seibold was far from impressed with the fitness of the squad when he arrived especially most of the senior players in the group, yet he is in the US on a fucking coaching junket whilst the senior disappointments are at home with their feet up whilst the young brigade who carried their ass are slugging it out. Work that one out.

More bullshit PR talk to convince members not to throw in their season tickets.

Actions and results on the field, and smart recruitment and retention off the field is the only things I along with most fans am judging this team on in 2020. I don’t give 2 flying ***** how Milford is kicking them in training or how fit Darius Boyd has been testing.

Mate, I will say this, I don't believe admin should be interfering in anyway in the football operations. I am not keen at all about White making public statements like this, the whole thing is starting to have a Bruno Cullen feel about it. That is where I believe the whole rot started with this club.
Agreed.....Bruno Cullen was a fuckwit.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Organix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Dony Eliakim
  • broncs30
  • NSW stables
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Manlyman
  • Redux
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.