NEWS Payne: don't take my brother away

As his teammates were about to pack down again Souths, Payne Haas allegedly urged opposing half Adam Reynolds' to use his influence to keep Tevita Pangai Jr in a Broncos jersey next season.

Payne:

“I can‘t remember the whole ’convo,' we were getting pumped, but I figured ’Reyno’ could pull some strings, so I asked him to help keep Tevita."

“I really hope Tevita can stay. Tevita is like a brother to me. I hold him close to my heart. I am really close to Tevita and hopefully there is some way he can stay, I hope the Broncos can see eye-to-eye and find a way for him to be here.”

Screen1569601a6ba49076216bcd57337ee125

Peaches & Cream

"At the end of the day, I‘m a footy player here. I can’t control what’s going on with other players’ contracts, so I will keep training hard and putting in for the Broncos and if other players leave, I’ll roll with the punches."

“But I just feel that Tevita is one of the best forwards in the game on his day. He has probably been the most consistent he has ever been this year and I felt like it was weird that we were getting rid of him because he has been one of our best this year. Tevita brings that aggression and any opponent knows he is a pretty hard guy to handle.”

Ben Ikin is okay if he stays:

“At this stage Tevita will remain at the Broncos up until such time that we get some guidance from his agent that things may change. We are committed to getting the best we can from Tevita and all our players and creating the best environment from the players we‘ve got for the remainder of the year. We understand things will bubble away in the background and we will deal with whatever comes to us if and when any transfer deal is put to us.”

McHunt

keep him and stick him at prop with payne, if they are that close they may feed off each other and destroy teams, if he doesn't put in and lets his "brother" down then hopefully Payne will see why TPJ needs to look elsewhere

What if keeping Alex Glenn makes him happy? Or bringing back Seibold?
I considered who he was talking about as well before posting

keep a potential gun to keep your only world class player happy seems pretty straightforward IMO

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Game breaking forward, but is like the girlfriend, who always checking everyone else out. Do you want to propose to that? or just shag the crap out of it, and when it ends, oh well... didn't invest much any way. GTFO here TPJ.

I'd be happy if TPJ stayed.

It would keep Haas happy and we get to keep a very good forward.

I'm going to be controversial again here and will get absolutely smashed for it but...I don't think Haas is as essential to keep as most do.

Wait, wait stop typing and read! I really want him to stay BUT not for anything above 750k. We have forwards coming out of our ears and as good as Haas is, and goodness me he is, he is a bit of a trouble magnet and more importantly, still a pillow in defense.

If we lose Haas, we lose AMAZING go forward and AMAZING consistency in attack and AMAZING repeat efforts but you also lose a problem defensively in our middle and you lose a massive contract in the forwards.

Whatever the case, I don't think we should be giving in to demands IF (this is the key) it is not in the best interests of the club. All that said, if keeping TPJ IS in the best interests of the club, then fine but even so, the club must always be bigger than any one or two players...especially forwards.

Now, feel free to fire away.

I'm going to be controversial again here and will get absolutely smashed for it but...I don't think Haas is as essential to keep as most do.

Wait, wait stop typing and read! I really want him to stay BUT not for anything above 750k. We have forwards coming out of our ears and as good as Haas is, and goodness me he is, he is a bit of a trouble magnet and more importantly, still a pillow in defense.

If we lose Haas, we lose AMAZING go forward and AMAZING consistency in attack and AMAZING repeat efforts but you also lose a problem defensively in our middle and you lose a massive contract in the forwards.

Whatever the case, I don't think we should be giving in to demands IF (this is the key) it is not in the best interests of the club. All that said, if keeping TPJ IS in the best interests of the club, then fine but even so, the club must always be bigger than any one or two players...especially forwards.

Okay I'm now very worried about you

Whatever the case, I don't think we should be giving in to demands IF (this is the key) it is not in the best interests of the club. All that said, if keeping TPJ IS in the best interests of the club, then fine but even so, the club must always be bigger than any one or to players...especially forwards.

I don't think its necessarily wrong. The Broncos aren't going to compete for a premiership until they have a world class spine, and sacrifices will have to be made to have the money for it. Obviously Haas is one you'd want to keep alongside the spine, but the spine is still going to be the most important thing. If Haas really wants $1M over 10 years I'd rather spend that money on a hooker or a fullback.

Put the question to Payne will he take unders to keep his 'brother' at the club?
It could work massively in our favour with Haas if pangai stays.
But he needs to play up front and be the enforcer.

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

If TPJ finds out he isn't so desired elsewhere and he then realises that Haas just saved his arse from an embarrassing transfer to the Doggies, I think he would be awesome to have in the middle with Haas. He would legit be very beholden to Haas and I would hope he'd be reluctant to let Haas down. He does seem to be slowly maturing as a man and honestly, could be such a weapon there for us. It could be such a coup if Haas keeps him here through Reynolds and has him working his tits off to build a platform for Reynolds.

What Payne wants, Payne should get.

I don't think its necessarily wrong. The Broncos aren't going to compete for a premiership until they have a world class spine, and sacrifices will have to be made to have the money for it. Obviously Haas is one you'd want to keep alongside the spine, but the spine is still going to be the most important thing. If Haas really wants $1M over 10 years I'd rather spend that money on a hooker or a fullback.
The spine has never been the most important thing in the entire long history of rugby league. Your pack and it's leaders(usually two) are prime. Everything else follows.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.