Payne Haas 2019 NRL Rookie of the Year

Which makes it more impressive given Taumalolo had a ton of games under his belt by then, if Haas is this good so early in his career and continues to work hard and improve, oh boy.

I don't think they ever knew where to play Taumalolo, where as we have a clear plan for Payne.

I don't think they ever knew where to play Taumalolo, where as we have a clear plan for Payne.
Maybe, but your talking about a bloke who was virtually thrown into the lions den from the start having that impressive of a season, on the otherhand while Taumalolo may have taken a bit of time to find his position, he had plenty of experience in first grade and knew what was expected of him.

What a lion 😍
4th in overall Dally M tally too.

Last edited:
Such a big, mobile bloke with speed and agility, I’d love to see him posted wider (say three in) every now and then when we are the opposition 10 or off scrums when close to the opposition line.

Even if he isn’t used, him being there will absolutely terrify the edge defence and open spaces elsewhere.

That said, I suppose we do already have Fifita doing that but didn’t have the halves to exploit it.

Regardless, I still think those 2 standing either side, three in, is a scary proposition for any defence.

Add a hard running, quick fullback sniffing around the middle or on their hip and we have quite the offence close to the line.

Henjak had Taylor doing the same thing and it worked out well for us. I would like to see us do the same with Haas. Quite a few teams have big mobile forwards like Haas and Taylor but for some reason you don't see that type of tactic being used all that much.

Taumalolo used to go out wider in the past when the Cows were on the attack. Not sure about now, havent paid much attention to them.

Last edited:
Taumalolo used to go out wider in the past when the Cows were on the attack. Not sure about now, havent paid much attention to them.

At the start of the season, the Cowboys shifted Taumalolo to the edge to accomodate McGuire with a view to bring either Cooper or Hess on later in the half.

Pangai and his cheap shot put an end to all of that.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.