VOTE PAYNE HAAS IS BHQ Player of Round 5

Who is your player of the Round (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They started experimenting with K in the halves back in the 2006 trials. He played the second trial there against the Cows and was OK that was the game where I believe Darius and Perry really pushed their cases as bolters.

Then after a pretty disappointing performance against St. Helens, Bennett went nuts with the Round 1 team with Hodges at fullback, Hunt at halfback, 19 year old Joel Moon at centre and Shane Perry was on the bench as a failsafe. Hunt scored two tries, but his defence was found wanting in a frustrating performance. Brisbane trailed 18-4, drew level but just blew their chances with the JT-Bowen combination stealing the show.

Lockyer picked up an injury, so Hunt remained in the halves against the Warriors. That was another frustrating game where Brisbane were the better team for the majority of the game, but the Warriors scored three tries right before half-time and they just had no strike. The highlight of Hunt's performance was a great shot he put on Ruben Wiki.

That was the end of the experiment until Mal revived it. Again, Hunt's defence was the highlight putting some big hits on but Queensland really struggled for cohesion as the Blues bullied Slater out of the game. Mal shifted K back there for the early exchanges and then brought Billy on when the game opened up. It was a masterstroke, so the Blues tried to do the same with Kurt Gidley/Brett Stewart but it ended up backfiring. They were far more effective with Gidley back there since he was the primary playmaker. When Stewart came on, NSW kept turning it back in for Gallen who plodded up the field and got his papers stamped as a result.

Then in 2009 while Brisbane were going through a horror run, Henjak had the bright idea to keep Hoffman at fullback and try K as a 7 while Wallace was out injured. The end result? 56-0 in one of the darkest days in club history. Canberra just tore Brisbane apart on the edges repeatedly, it was a horror show with Michaels and Copley in particular having horror nights.

I don't understand the fascination with Hunt as a 6. Maybe he would have got there eventually but he was 0-4 during his prime years. These moves never seem to work out, Te'o hasn't made a difference and the most memorable thing I recall TC doing was his unfortunate collision with De Las Haras. If he's killing it for the Magpies then sure, but based on what we know so far it seems like a waste.
Your memory is ridiculously strong.

Imagine Seibold being re-employed an therefor better off in that comparison.
Two tagged/quoted posts in 7 minutes have you been missing me over the weekend or something?

Speaking of Seibold, any coincidence his new team is nose-diving ever since he got there.

Funny little thing I noticed during the Knights game. They cut to the coaches box and Seibold was very animated explaining something to O'Brien until he noticed he was on tv, then stopped completely. When they cut back the next time he had moved one over so he was out of frame for the rest of the game lol.

O'Brien is one of the worst coaches in the NRL IMO, he probably only got Seibold on board to try to make himself look better.

Congratulations PAYNE HAAS: you are once again the strongest link!

BHQ Best 5

LEADERBOARD

Herbie Farnworth
126​
Jamayne Isaako
113​
Payne Haas
100​
Tevita Pangai Junior
84​
Jake Turpin
80​
Xavier Coates
58​
David Mead
57​
Jordan Riki
55​
Anthony Milford
51​
Tesi Niu
35​
Matthew Lodge
18​
Tom Dearden
18​
Ben Te'o
7​
John Asiata
6​
Rhys Kennedy
6​
Patrick Carrigan
4​
Ethan Bullemor
4​
Brodie Croft
3​
Alex Glenn
3​
Richard Kennar
2​
Thomas Flegler
1​

Congratulations PAYNE HAAS: you are once again the strongest link!

View attachment 12356

LEADERBOARD

Herbie Farnworth
126​
Jamayne Isaako
113​
Payne Haas
100​
Tevita Pangai Junior
84​
Jake Turpin
80​
Xavier Coates
58​
David Mead
57​
Jordan Riki
55​
Anthony Milford
51​
Tesi Niu
35​
Matthew Lodge
18​
Tom Dearden
18​
Ben Te'o
7​
John Asiata
6​
Rhys Kennedy
6​
Patrick Carrigan
4​
Ethan Bullemor
4​
Brodie Croft
3​
Alex Glenn
3​
Richard Kennar
2​
Thomas Flegler
1​
List is starting to take shape with Herbie, Isaako, Haas and TPJ making up the top 4 so far... I'd say it's about right.

Haas is going to absolute waltz the top spot in though... played 2 games out 5 and already sitting in 3rd 😳😳

List is starting to take shape with Herbie, Isaako, Haas and TPJ making up the top 4 so far... I'd say it's about right.

Haas is going to absolute waltz the top spot in though... played 2 games out 5 and already sitting in 3rd 😳😳

Nah, my boy Herbie has got this. Either way, we can't lose.

Active Now

• bazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Strapper
  • Lurker
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • azza.79
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.