VOTE PAYNE HAAS IS BHQ'S Player of Round 22

Who is your player of the round? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Dally M
3 James Tedesco
2 Siosiua Taukeiaho
1 Payne Haas

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I must admit I'm surprised to see a few of you giving Levi so much credit. His shocking defence ( arm grabber Milford style) cost us dearly. He let a try in up the middle amongst his three missed tackles. Terrible from him and Riki. Also, aside from his try Haas was ordinary in the metreage department but solid in defence. Haas only made 109 metres so not the sort of game I thought merited points.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Herbie level with Issako with line breaks and second to gamble with try assists..
Going by stats Issako shits all over Coates

Isaako also played an amount of fullback. Isolate his wing stats, and yeah he's probably better because Coates has been downright awful most of the year, but you can't count the season total as a comparison in wing v wing

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I must admit I'm surprised to see a few of you giving Levi so much credit. His shocking defence ( arm grabber Milford style) cost us dearly. He let a try in up the middle amongst his three missed tackles. Terrible from him and Riki. Also, aside from his try Haas was ordinary in the metreage department but solid in defence. Haas only made 109 metres so not the sort of game I thought merited points.
It was one tackle and Riki who was in the middle at that time(who should be on the edge but was moved for some reason) should not of left Levi to tackle a prop by himself who is 40kg heavier then him.

Levi completely set up Haas and was passing pretty much flawless all night I can understand why he was voted highly.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It was one tackle and Riki who was in the middle at that time(who should be on the edge but was moved for some reason) should not of left Levi to tackle a prop by himself who is 40kg heavier then him.

Levi completely set up Haas and was passing pretty much flawless all night I can understand why he was voted highly.
Fair enough. I too thought Levi was okay generally speaking. It was an expensive miss and I feel that's where we really lost the game. Still, it's of no consequence as we aren't playing finals.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
In a single point, last minute loss, PAYNE HAAS is once again BHQ's Player of the Round, beating THOMAS FLEGLER by only one vote. This week further consolidates his dominance of the Leaderboard.

Special mention to captain Alex Glenn for a season high score of four votes.

BHQ Best 22

LEADERBOARD

Payne Haas
529​
Tevita Pangai Junior
363​
Tyson Gamble
218​
Herbie Farnworth
205​
Matthew Lodge
203​
Jamayne Isaako
196​
Jake Turpin
118​
Tesi Niu
117​
Jordan Riki
106​
Corey Oates
101​
David Mead
94​
Xavier Coates
78​
TC Robati
68​
Albert Kelly
67​
Kotoni Staggs
67​
Anthony Milford
63​
Kobe Hetherington
56​
Thomas Flegler
48​
Danny Levi
44​
Ethan Bullemor
40​
Rhys Kennedy
37​
Brodie Croft
30​
Selwyn Cobbo
24​
Tom Dearden
18​
John Asiata
17​
Jesse Arthars
12​
Cory Paix
12​
Alex Glenn
7​
Ben Te'o
7​
Patrick Carrigan
6​
Keenan Palasia
5​
Richard Kennar
2​
Dale Copley
2​
Xavier Willison
2​
Karmichael Hunt
1​

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Interesting, I thought Flegler had an absolutely ripping game (but of course I am biased), I wonder if the penalties he gave away (that were not penalties but we've covered this to death) stopped him getting the points. I thought he was better than Haas this game (obviously not over the season).

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Interesting, I thought Flegler had an absolutely ripping game (but of course I am biased), I wonder if the penalties he gave away (that were not penalties but we've covered this to death) stopped him getting the points. I thought he was better than Haas this game (obviously not over the season).
I thought it was Flegler's best game of his career so far and one of the few games where I feel the penalty he conceded wasn't from his usual brain explosion. I want to see more promising games like this from him.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think people just have a chubby for Haas. Last week he ran into touch on a first tackle hitup. This week he only just made a bit over 100 metres.

Makes no difference, people just give him a point anyway. To be realistic I thought Haas was pretty average, not bad, just average for any starting frontrower who had 60 minutes game time.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Haas was easily among the Broncos best three. Made two line-breaks to open up the night, converting one for a try and then he came up with a sensational try-saver on James Tedesco. There was a noticeable shift when he wasn't on the field and his return helped give the Broncos more space in the middle.

I'm surprised Gamble was in the Top 3. What am I missing?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Haas was easily among the Broncos best three. Made two line-breaks to open up the night, converting one for a try and then he came up with a sensational try-saver on James Tedesco. There was a noticeable shift when he wasn't on the field and his return helped give the Broncos more space in the middle.

It's kind of funny you mentioning Haas's sensational try-saver. I remember Croft doing the same thing two weeks ago and not once was it mentioned post game. It's these little things I notice.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I think people just have a chubby for Haas. Last week he ran into touch on a first tackle hitup. This week he only just made a bit over 100 metres.

Makes no difference, people just give him a point anyway. To be realistic I thought Haas was pretty average, not bad, just average for any starting frontrower who had 60 minutes game time.
Almost scored two tries in the first ten minutes. You're all over the place

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

He was in my top 3 but he was basically invisible in the 2nd half. I don't know if he's just tired and the minutes are catching up to him or if it was a gameplan to get the other forwards to do more work.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
You came in and pointed out that he didn't make as many metres as usual but he almost scored after a solo line break and then did score in the first ten minutes of the game, and you seem to have left that out of your recap. But it's the little things you notice, the obvious stuff might go straight over your head

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He was in my top 3 but he was basically invisible in the 2nd half. I don't know if he's just tired and the minutes are catching up to him or if it was a gameplan to get the other forwards to do more work.
He made instant impact with a typical Haas run which gave the Broncos a good platform to work off of leading to the Kelly try but you're right. Compared to the first half he was quiet because the Broncos had him on 5th tackle Justin Hodges duty. Aka get a good quick play the ball so the kickers have time to put together a good kick - unfortunately Kelly was off with his boot.

Unread

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
  • Tim K
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • mystico
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Seibs
  • Skyblues87
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.