VOTE PAYNE HAAS IS BHQ'S Player of Round 22

Who is your player of the round? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You came in and pointed out that he didn't make as many metres as usual but he almost scored after a solo line break and then did score in the first ten minutes of the game, and you seem to have left that out of your recap. But it's the little things you notice, the obvious stuff might go straight over your head
Not sure how a small slice of the hour long total justifies your opinion.

Just for you.
Last 10 games. Most recent first. Total metres Haas.
It's been three months since Haas has had such a poor total, yes? Notice a trend over the last month, since we aren't playing finals?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
He made instant impact with a typical Haas run which gave the Broncos a good platform to work off of leading to the Kelly try but you're right. Compared to the first half he was quiet because the Broncos had him on 5th tackle Justin Hodges duty. Aka get a good quick play the ball so the kickers have time to put together a good kick - unfortunately Kelly was off with his boot.
That's one way to spin it. Over the last month Haas's numbers have declined significantly.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Not sure how a small slice of the hour long total justifies your opinion.

Just for you.
Last 10 games. Most recent first. Total metres Haas.
It's been three months since Haas has had such a poor total, yes? Notice a trend over the last month, since we aren't playing finals?
Why are you only looking at his total metres made though?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Why are you only looking at his total metres made though?
Err, I didn't ONLY look at his metres. I did only write down his metres. It's kind of a gauge. Actually, it's what's known as a 'stat' and these are kept for many reasons. Clubs and coaches use them to monitor output etc. Surprised you don't know much about them.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
He was in my top 3 but he was basically invisible in the 2nd half. I don't know if he's just tired and the minutes are catching up to him or if it was a gameplan to get the other forwards to do more work.
Invisible because he was off the field for the first 20 odd minutes of the second half.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think people just have a chubby for Haas. Last week he ran into touch on a first tackle hitup. This week he only just made a bit over 100 metres.

Makes no difference, people just give him a point anyway. To be realistic I thought Haas was pretty average, not bad, just average for any starting frontrower who had 60 minutes game time.

Gee you have some of the worst takes I’ve ever seen but boy do i respect your conviction

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Gee you have some of the worst takes I’ve ever seen but boy do i respect your conviction
You don't think Haas's output over the last month has declined? Even though I have vociferous detractors I also get a few posters thinking or at least viewing things from alternate perspectives.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Err, I didn't ONLY look at his metres. I did only write down his metres. It's kind of a gauge. Actually, it's what's known as a 'stat' and these are kept for many reasons. Clubs and coaches use them to monitor output etc. Surprised you don't know much about them.
Yes but you’re also deliberately leaving out the positive stats and again, context which you just don’t seem to understand in the slightest

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Invisible because he was off the field for the first 20 odd minutes of the second half.
Mmmm, Haas actually didn't do much in the second half. He'd made most of his metres in the first. 4 weeks ago we were still a slim chance of making the 8. Since then Haas's output has dropped by 50%.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
You don't think Haas's output over the last month has declined? Even though I have vociferous detractors I also get a few posters thinking or at least viewing things from alternate perspectives.
So do flat Earthers, Huge..

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yes but you’re also deliberately leaving out the positive stats and again, context which you just don’t seem to understand in the slightest
Yes, deliberate but not for the reasons you'd attach. You cannot seriously tell me you don't find his numbers alarming over the last month? A 50% drop?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I definitely think his impact has declined over for about 3 weeks now. I’ve made a few comments on it. I also pointed it coincidently lined up with the week TPJ left - though that may be conspiracy.

I still think even at a decrease output he has still been easily top 3 player each week such is the standard he has previously set

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I definitely think his impact has declined over for about 3 weeks now. I’ve made a few comments on it. I also pointed it coincidently lined up with the week TPJ left - though that may be conspiracy.

I still think even at a decrease output he has still been easily top 3 player each week such is the standard he has previously set
Good. I didn't give him a point this week because he was well below average. Sure, you could argue he was top three and I'd not think it too crazy either but others were good. Cobbo in particular.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Good. I didn't give him a point this week because he was well below average. Sure, you could argue he was top three and I'd not think it too crazy either but others were good. Cobbo in particular.
This is such a shit way to look at things. When giving a 3-2-1 votes or nominating top 3 whatever, how a person normally plays(or how much they are paid) should mean nothing. Should be based off that performance and nothing else.

"Australia got bowled out for 60 runs and Steve Smith only made 45 which is way below his average so I didn't give him a point"

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
This is such a shit way to look at things. When giving a 3-2-1 votes or nominating top 3 whatever, how a person normally plays(or how much they are paid) should mean nothing. Should be based off that performance and nothing else.

"Australia got bowled out for 60 runs and Steve Smith only made 45 which is way below his average so I didn't give him a point"
Thanks! RK doesn't normally make errors but we should not consider his normal game relevant, just his performance on the night. Okay. He had a pretty solid game with one error.
In my opinion I thought Haas was down on performance and accordingly didn't give him a point. I judged him on the night and found him, average.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Thanks! RK doesn't normally make errors but we should not consider his normal game relevant, just his performance on the night. Okay. He had a pretty solid game with one error.
In my opinion I thought Haas was down on performance and accordingly didn't give him a point. I judged him on the night and found him, average.

So you aren't smart enough to differentiate between discussing a persons overall ability, and 1 performance when discussing man of the match?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
This is where I think people find you frustrating, Huge. I respect that you try to shed light on people’s bias toward certain players but in doing so you seem to swing too far the other direction and stubbornly twist reality to fit your own bias.

According to your judgement, apparently based solely on the night Haas was average and Kennedy was “solid with one error”.

Haas:
59 minutes
11 runs
109m
52pcm
4tb
2lb
26 tackles
No misses
No errors
- 1 tackle break was a huge run that almost resulted in a try.
- He then capitalised on that break 2 plays later by another massive effort to reach out and score the first try of the game.
- He made a try saving tackle when one of the best backs in the game made a 20m+ line break. This is another massive effort from a prop.
- Provided quick play the balls

Kennedy:
42 minutes
11 runs
77 metres
31 pcm
3 tb
0lb
1 offload
34 tackles
1 missed
1 error
- 1 error was a Rookie blunder at a critical point in the game

I agree with you that Haas’ impact appears to be somewhat blunted but that is still a far above average game he provided with 3 massive moments that few props would’ve been able to do.

On the other hand Kennedy’s performance is below average for a prop - if you ignore his price and go off of the game alone it was nothing to celebrate and then add the most basic of errors at the critical moment and it is bordering on poor. 7m per hit up for a guy his size is definitely not solid. It’s the kind of meters you’d expect from a ball playing forward which Kennedy has shown none of.

I don’t really care if you want to praise or defend Kennedy, or if you want to bag Haas but to do both at the same time shows an obvious bias.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  • Skyblues87
  • Rowdy124
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • barker
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ozzball
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.