NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Well to say I am disappointed in the man is an understatement. This whole situation should not even be allowed. I farking hate the Roosters and the BS organisation called the NRL that allows this to continue. How can any club get back on their feet when players are being approached years out from their contracts being up. It is a disgrace, the faux cap is a disgrace and something needs to be done.

I hope the Broncos can swing this into a net positive somehow. If we can shore up the spine we can come out of this still in a good place.

I hope you're right mate, but Broncos fans don't care at all. He will almost definitely still get cheered.

The only time I heard a player get ultra booed in the team lineups at a Broncos home game was DCE after he dogged Gold Coast....our rivals. Even Inglis got cheered after he dogged us.
Like you I never understand this, for such a big supporter base the majority just don’t give a ****. I’m surprised they show up in Broncos jerseys rather than shirts that say ‘Go Team’.

Just wanted to remind people, of what I posted last year.

Heard ages ago that he wants out & doesn't get on with Kevvie. And SBW & Mundine are in his ear & pushing the Muslim angle with him to join the Dogs. (Though I sent a few people a PM in May of last year, the same rumour.)

Just wanted to remind people, of what I posted last year.

Heard ages ago that he wants out & doesn't get on with Kevvie. And SBW & Mundine are in his ear & pushing the Muslim angle with him to join the Dogs. (Though I sent a few people a PM in May of last year, the same rumour.)
The thing that pisses me off about those guys is if he wasn’t a very goold player, they wouldn’t give 2 hoots about Payne. He’s fallen for their trap. What an idiot.

Fk him off to the titans and give us Brimson in return to play fullback. Leaves us with some money in the bank

I can't understand why we upgraded his contract without an extension last time. He got given money he wasn't entitled to and now wants more. Let alone the off field stuff.

Lets let him negotiate with clubs and give him his release but not before a 500K transfer fee is paid, as he has two additional years on his contract. We also need to find a replacement before we let him go.

The replacement needs to be an elite spine player, none of which are on the market. I would love us to get Munster but he is another year off a release from his own contract. I am not sure who we can get immediately. If we can't he stays at least until the end of the year.

We need to not play him in the short term until a replacement is explored so we can prevent an injury. If he gets injured he will stay and do his rehab and take his cash like Bird did.

This is pretty messed up. Haven't we offered him some serious money? I love his work ethic when he's on the field but Jesus Christ these young fellas want so much and considering he's signed on till 24 it's crazy to think he's wanting out when he's endured two years of punishment and the team is just getting a roll on

If he goes the money would be well spent elsewhere that's for sure

After reading Wikipaedia, there’s not much to like about this Tyran Smith dude, is there?

“Smith is the brother-in-law of fellow NRL footballer Anthony Mundine, having married his sister, Kellie.[12]

He is now a Director of Sportsplayer Management alongside John Hopoate.[13][14]

His son Reimis Smith is currently on the roster of the Melbourne Storm.”

I hope you're right mate, but Broncos fans don't care at all. He will almost definitely still get cheered.

The only time I heard a player get ultra booed in the team lineups at a Broncos home game was DCE after he dogged Gold Coast....our rivals. Even Inglis got cheered after he dogged us.
Ashton Sims got booed every game he played for us after he cost us the game against storm and then he left. Xavier Coates also got booed. I think Haas will be getting booed tonight.

After reading Wikipaedia, there’s not much to like about this Tyran Smith dude, is there?

“Smith is the brother-in-law of fellow NRL footballer Anthony Mundine, having married his sister, Kellie.[12]

He is now a Director of Sportsplayer Management alongside John Hopoate.[13][14]

His son Reimis Smith is currently on the roster of the Melbourne Storm.”

Who in their right mind would go into business with John Hopoate?? Who would even want to associate with John Hopoate? He’s the human equivalent of a dangerous dog.

Coming To America Bar GIF

This is more coincidence than confirmation. Plenty of arseholes of every ilk. Plenty of zealots and radicals in every religion. The common thread is close-mindedness, nothing more.
It's not that Islam turns them into assholes - if anything it's the opposite, it reigns them in - it's more the type of guys who covert and then become unbearably preachy. Sonny Bill is insufferable.

As a side note - and I don't mean Payne - this is who is most likely to get recruited by separatist cells. They get exploited for their naivete and eagerness to prove their piety.

The red flag I mean is more to do with the mental state that landed them into the peer group that sucked them down this rabbit hole. Most people are born into a religion and spend their lives in some kind of relationship with it. Getting Islam at birth is tough luck. You're stuck with the relationship. That's the one you have to work your life around. And once you're in, you're not allowed out. But actually choosing to buy into the ramblings of the odious, misogynist warlord who invented that religion. **** me.

I just hope the broncos have more goss on bad stuff Payne has done and leak it all. Bloke is a total piece of shit which we were all saying after the albert Kelly white shoes incident. Abusing police and just generally being a complete fuckwit. Just annoys me that if we sack him, which we should, that he gets more money. Just shouldn’t be allowed to work that way.

The disappointing thing for me is the lack of maturity- Let's assume Payne's living a miserable life at the Broncos. Then don't you go to Ikin and say this is the deal mate. I know I am contracted but I am miserable for these reasons. Can we talk about a release at the end of the year if things don't improve?

Not email Ikin on Wednesday night and not talk to anyone disrupting a whole week.

Ikin is the most thoughtful man in history, he'd consider and be insightful from that point.

The actual asking for a release doesn't bother/lots do it- hell Kevvie and Alf did it but the way he's done it is poor. It's disrupted the week and the team and this is a team that only have two or three guys that can handle choppy water.

I don't agree with you here @Huge I can't see any of the new guys, Reyno, Capes, TMM, Billy etc thinking this is a good move from Haas. Similarly, I can't see any of the guys who have potentially just signed on or about to sign, thinking that he is doing them any favours. Cobbo, Oates, Herbie, Riki etc.

As far as I know, Haas is already the HIGHEST paid bronco, above our Captain from all reports and he is a Prop.

No one thinks the club is in the wrong here. We signed him on a massive contract after 3 games and a major injury. We've significantly upped his contract of the years....recently too until 2024. It's not like he is in the last year of his contract. We will see 2 new Labour leaders before it's up.

This is all on him. He can go and stew in reserve grade and watch his brother play first grade for the titans for all I care. We should not be giving him a pat on the back out the door unless there is some major major upside for us. Rightly or wrongly, this is the guy we decided we would build our club around. What message does it send if we just let him walk. I'd like to hear what the dressing room thinks, @Wolfie @1910 @Smokin' Joe any insights you can provide?

Sorry in a strange world I tend to do the opposite, big things you leave alone. It's like Boxing Day where you don't talk about what the hell your sister has done.

Small things I will text 12 Broncos!

Active Now

• Midean
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.