NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

So when the Roosters end up with Smith, Haas and FIfita coming in next year, it will be interesting to see the justification from the media and Vlandys about it.
There will be none other than "BRONCOS LOST A GOOD ONE" and "BRONCOS REBUILD IN TATTERS".

This is all orchestrated. You had Freddie and Joey (the PRIMARY broadcast partner) recently talking about how Haas will end up at the Roosters with chuckle comments about "oh but he's not available".

Seriously pissed off. This is a professional sporting organisation. Whilst clubs move players on, they still pay them. Clubs don't take money off players for performing terribly (hello Milford) and forecast expenditure based on what they know. Haas was on $500k early in his career and arguably has already received the benefits of his talent.

If he goes, devo - but the NRL must enforce his new contract value is equal to the 'reason for the release' which apparently is $1-1.2M per year.

"Payne Haas is contracted to the Brisbane Broncos until the end of the 2024 NRL Season. The Club will not be entertaining a release.

The Club remains in ongoing discussions with Payne’s management about what the next phase looks like for him at the Broncos.

That includes ongoing dialogue about an extension to his current contract."

"Payne Haas is contracted to the Brisbane Broncos until the end of the 2024 NRL Season. The Club will not be entertaining a release.

The Club remains in ongoing discussions with Payne’s management about what the next phase looks like for him at the Broncos.

Good on the Broncos for standing up to his bullshit manager

**** yeah, we finally have our nuts back.

I'm not going to derail the thread any further. If you want to keep telling me how much better you believe you are than me you are welcome to private message me.

If you think that this is 'flying off the handle' and 'intensely nasty' I want your life, also if what a nobody says to other nobodies on the internet bothers our players they are not cut out for professional sport.
You're forum staff, not a nobody. You set the tone here. If you can't lift your game you're not cut out to be a moderator.

I don't think it's too much to ask for you to treat our players with some courtesy.

Islamic Labour Code: "If any of the parties believes that the contract was imposed without its free consent, and fears that the other party is exploiting it due to unfair terms of the contract, such party has the right to openly terminate the contract, as allowed in the Quran (08:58)."

Ah, this explains it. SBW has convinced Haas that he is in an exploitative employment arrangement and is being insultingly underpaid.

Hey fellas, club is still towing the line. Statement about to be released is.....

Payne is contracted until the end of the 2024 season. The club will not be entertaining a release.

The club remains in ongoing discussions with Paynes management about what the next phase looks like for him at the Broncos. That includes ongoing dialogue about an extension to his current contract.

Everyone going to the game tomorrow night make a sign saying #loyaltynotnumbers
If he is actually doing this he is a real piece of shit.
Imagine saying loyalty not numbers on your Instagram and leaving mid contract for more money.

Answer should be:

No. If another club wants to match your current contract, we can open dialog with that club about a trade.

Reveals who the culprit is before making a decision and forces a good player in return.
Absolutely this. His new club should pay every bit of what he is on now.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ell.d33
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Socnorb
  • Justwin
  • Wendall Taylor
  • The True King
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.