NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Players I would release him in exchange for:

1. Grant
2. Cleary
3. Papenhuyzen
4. Manu
5. Munster
6. Walker

That's it. Otherwise let him sit out the next few years. He's contracted to us and if we stand firm then there's not a damn thing any other team, the NRL or the moron of a player himself can do about it.

The Broncos have reportably denied the request.
The fact this has broken from Sydney media tells me it’s almost certainly the Roosters. Wouldnt be shocked if it was the bulldogs or tigers either but you can almost guarentee he’ll be Bondi bound.

edit: knights could be a Smokey.

Yep. It's been an ongoing thing and with the joking from Fletch and Hindu it seemed pretty obvious that conversations had happened. But they'll just claim "we we're talking about beyond his current contract, nothing illegal in it sir"
Sbw in his ear, constant media speculation about him going to the club, Politis coming out and saying they won’t sign him in what appears to me (in my personal opinion) like an attempt to distance himself and the club from it, etc.

It all seems fishy. Like you said though, the nrl won’t care, they’ll probably immediately publish articles stating how good it is for the game.

This is good news in long term thinking.

Haas is just high minutes and sustained run meters. His actual impact on a game through his defence or attack is very limited. Good recruiting could see his money used well on a prop who can bring both of those and have some left over to improve our 1/9/6.
We don't need to replace him. A rotation of Flegler, Carrigan, Jensen, Palasia and Willison is more than enough.

I actually see this as good news.

This honestly sounds way too out there to be possible, I'm certain he is on 800k not to mention this season is a world cup year so he is probably going to get over a million when you add rep payments, certainly not money you would scoff at And want an immediate release from a club thats playing really well.

I don't see a club paying him much more then we are unless it's a bottom feeder, if it ends up being the Roosters that needs to be investigated because there is no way on earth they are paying more then us for a forward and it is involving payments elsewhere.

Fairfax also reporting it, and citing their own source "close to negotiations." This is very obviously via his agent.

A source within the Haas camp said: “We haven’t thought about other clubs. Let’s be frank, the other 16 clubs would want him.”

Read somewhere yesterday Roosters were congratulating Uncle Nick for getting both Hass and David Fifita at the expense of two of their players whose name escapes me but they were named.

The Broncos have reportably denied the request.
The fact this has broken from Sydney media tells me it’s almost certainly the Roosters. Wouldnt be shocked if it was the bulldogs or tigers either but you can almost guarentee he’ll be Bondi bound.

edit: knights could be a Smokey.

Yep. All he has to do is agitate for a release. He'll say no to our 900k or any figure we offer and then sign with them for 700k.

He's recently had a kid and gone to rehab.

He's playing out of his skin as a result.
Was it only 2 weeks ago when they got flogged that everyone was saying how pathetic he was?

Munster has a long history of being a loose unit. It's not a one off. Yeah people can change, but are you really gonna risk undoing the culture reset? I don't think he's worth it. Good player but not worth the house.

If it is the Roosters, would we be better off swapping him for Keary? (assuming Manu is not an option)

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.