NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

First it was about the money – 1mil and 1.2 mil.

Then it was that because the club treated him differently to other players for his off field discretions.

Now it is position on the Premiership ladder.

What next in this dribble of excuses to cover up a failed and utter stupid notion to demand immediate release?

He should man up and distance/dissociate himself from his toxic agent and associates or else the booing from the club fans will continue and the club shed team spirit disintegrate.

Haas and his management team will continue to play their cards close to their chest (at least as close as they can) while origin is going on as Haas will want to ensure he's getting picked and securing that extra 90K for the three games.

As soon as that money is 'banked' he'll start to have serious issues with his AC joint. I can almost guarantee that is what they are planning.

We need to be prepared to let him sit out as that's what they're planning hoping we'll see it as pointless having that amount of cap sitting on the sideline.

What we need is the NRL to write up a new rule now while they are in the middle of negotiations with the RLPA that ensures players are unable to switch clubs during a season unless there is mutual agreement between the club and the player. That's as simple as the fix need be.

They should also stipulate that if a player is offered a certain amount by the club then the new club must pay that amount or more if the player is moving. But again this can only occur at season's end. This will stop the shitfuckery from the likes of Matterson and Coates. It will also stop the ludicrous situation that saw TPJ almost win a premiership ring by jumping into the team that was favorite to win the GF for a measly couple hundred of thousand at the pointy end of the season.

I'm sure TPJ's situation has got many players thinking "oh a loophole and an easy way to a premiership ring". I think this is what Lodge is waiting for. Once the semis come round he'll pick a team and play for 50K or 100K in the hope he wins a premiership and at present there is nothing to stop him.

This idiocy also suits the team who picks him up on the short term contract as it bolsters their depth in the pack exactly when they need it most.

What we need is the NRL to write up a new rule now while they are in the middle of negotiations with the RLPA that ensures players are unable to switch clubs during a season unless there is mutual agreement between the club and the player. That's as simple as the fix need be.

they've already got that rule.

A player can't walk out on a club at any time, while contracted and sign with another NRL club without being released from their current contract.

Here's the full list of spine salaries for you to compare with what Payne is demanding:

BRONCOS
Te Maire Martin 80k
Tyson Gamble 150k
Adam Reynolds 800k
Billy Walters 120k
Total: 1.15m

BULLDOGS
Matt Dufty 200k
Matt Burton 500k
Kyle Flanagan 450k
Jeremy Marshall-King 350k
Total: 1.5m

COWBOYS
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 450k
Tom Dearden 400k
Chad Townsend 800k
Reece Robson 450k
Total: 2.1m

DRAGONS
Tyrrell Sloan 220k
Junior Amone 350k
Ben Hunt 1.2m
Andrew McCullough 400k
Total: 2.14m

EELS
Clint Gutherson 750k
Dylan Brown 800k
Mitch Moses 900k
Reed Mahoney 450k
Total: 2.9m

KNIGHTS
Kalyn Ponga 1.05m
Jake Clifford 300k
Adam Clune 180k
Jayden Brailey 500k
Total: 2.03m

PANTHERS
Dylan Edwards 500k
Jarome Luai 700k
Nathan Cleary 1.1m
Api Koroisau 600k
Total: 2.9m

RABBITOHS
Latrell Mitchell 850k
Cody Walker 700k
Lachlan Illias 300k
Damien Cook 700k
Total: 2.55m

RAIDERS
Charnze Nicoll-Kloksta 500k
Jack Wighton 850k
Jamal Fogarty 550k
Josh Hodgson 800k
Total: 2.7m

ROOSTERS
Tedesco 1.1m
Sam Walker 400k
Luke Keary 800k
Sam Verrils 450k
Total: 2.75m

SEA EAGLES
Tom Turbo 1.1m
Keiran Foran 250k
DCE 1.2m
Lachlan Croker 300k
Total: 2.85m

SHARKS
Will Kennedy 400k
Matt Moylan 450k
Nicho Hynes 600k
Blayke Brailey 500k
Total: 1.95m

STORM
Ryan Papenhyzen 650k
Cam Munster 1m
Jarome Hughes 700k
Harry Grant 450k
Total: 2.8m

TIGERS
Daine Laurie 450k
Luke Brooks 960k
Jackson Hastings 500k
Jake Simpkin 150k
Total: 2.06m

TITANS
Jayden Campbell 350k
AJ Brimson 600k
Toby Sexton 400k
Erin Clarke 300k
Total: 1.65m

WARRIORS
Reece Walsh 350k
Chanel Harris-Tavita 300k
Shaun Johnson 500k
Wade Egan 400k
Total: 1.55m

they've already got that rule.

A player can't walk out on a club at any time, while contracted and sign with another NRL club without being released from their current contract.
Of course. Maybe they make it that once signed the player must wait to the end of the season before any re-negotiations are allowed.

At least V'landys is on our side

Peter V'landys has sided with the Broncos, saying contracts must be honoured

Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V'landys weighed in on the saga on Sunday, coming down on the Broncos's side.

'If you sign a contract you should honour it,' he told the Courier Mail.

'If either party hasn't breached a condition of a contract, it is valid ... naturally you can have behind-the-scenes talks, but you don't play it out in the media.

'At the end of the day you've signed a contract and they should honour the agreement.

'That's what fans look for.'

I love the bolded part.

Here is a quote from Vlandys in 2020

“There will be a complete review in the off-season,” V’landys said in 2020 when asked about players walking out on clubs for more money elsewhere. “I can assure you we will be addressing the frustrations of the fans.”

They were planning on the court action being successful and it was always the plan to try and force the Broncos into a new contract so the agent could earn a commission. I have doubts whether Payne was across those machinations.
I can't help but think there's more obstacles in the legal situation than we know. I'm not going to form a reasonable view on Haas till the facts are out in the public domain.

Which teams are they currently playing for?
Doesnt matter, they are both in deep talks with the roosters. Just have to dot a few i's, cross a few t's and deliver a few discreet paperbags and should be all good for uncle Nick and his crew.

Here is a quote from Vlandys in 2020

“There will be a complete review in the off-season,” V’landys said in 2020 when asked about players walking out on clubs for more money elsewhere. “I can assure you we will be addressing the frustrations of the fans.”
They'll address it now because fans care that Haas is doing it.

Not many (other than the Tigers) cared about Matterson.

This event seems to have unified the entire competition that its the wrong thing to do, which for League is really a watershed day.

No matter what comes from this the Broncos should never, ever sign a player from this management team ever again! I don’t even care if that player is Thor or The Flash.

Problem is that we didn't sign a player from that management team. He was under a different manager when he signed with us.

I can't help but think there's more obstacles in the legal situation than we know. I'm not going to form a reasonable view on Haas till the facts are out in the public domain.
I doubt that all of the facts will make it into the public domain. To be honest I am quite frustrated about all of this because I just think that Haas is being really poorly advised by people that do not have his best interests at heart and that are motivated by self-interest.

I hope that there is somebody that he trusts that can sit down and give him the facts straight to show him he is being misled.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.