NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

I saw that Payne's younger brother signed with the Titans today. They need a prop, could be them?
Wouldn’t be shocked. Release Fifi to the dolphins next year and they can prob give Payne his $1m and gets to play with his brother.

Forcing Haas to see out his contract is a pretty effective way to create disharmony in the playing group.

Too many friends at the club.

It's that or we roll over, and we did enough rolling over during the White years to last us 100 years. Enough.

Forcing Haas to see out his contract is a pretty effective way to create disharmony in the playing group.

Too many friends at the club.
Agreed, but it’s a fine line. It shows the other boys that you can sign on for 20yrs if you want, but really you and your manager know that you can leak shit to the media and get a release a year into the contract.
It’s absolute BS.
Contracts mean absolutely zero.

It's that or we roll over, and we did enough rolling over during the White years to last us 100 years. Enough.

Take the loss to avoid even bigger losses further down the road. We take this route, we'll piss off a lot of the playing group.

Then all the work we've been doing to turn this club around will be undone.

Take the loss to avoid even bigger losses further down the road. We take this route, we'll piss off a lot of the playing group.

Exchange for an equal quality player or his contract is completely off our books. If we subsidize anything, it is a laughing stock.

Maybe the Broncos need to ask the playing group what they think too. Maybe the playing group wouldn't be happy with what he's doing??

If he wants Fifita money then he can go join Fifita and ask him how that’s working out
I can guarantee he isn’t getting that sort of money from a top club that’s for sure

Haas is almost the one player who can hold his head up over the dreadful few years we've had. He's the one guy I can forgive for pulling a move like this, even though it does null out his goodwill and I will cheer for him to be smashed, guilt-free. Let him go imo, if we need a prop to replace him for the rest of the year bring Lodge in.

Am I the only one who hopes this is true, and has had an uneasy feeling all along about Payne's "market value" vs what he is worth to us on the scoreboard?

In my opinion, we don't need the most expensive hard working prop in the NRL. It's a luxury that will make us have to cut corners elsewhere. Like the current state of our spine, which must be the cheapest in the NRL.

This is more controversial: but I also think he's vastly overrated based on the effort he puts in, rather than what we get back from that effort.

Sure he makes loads of metres, but that's because he gets the ball every set, and he rarely does anything with it than hit it up, and the opposition always knows exactly what he's going to do. Contrast this with Tom and Pat who are becoming increasingly unpredictable, which adds more value to our attacking plays.

And although he chalks up the tackles, he doesn't have the sort of menace that Tom or Patty are bringing. I don't mind if one of our forwards gets penalized once in a while for pushing the boundaries. Payne never pushes the boundaries on the field. Only off the field.

Screenshot 20220526 145150 Twitter

Active Now

• Midean
  • Pablo
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • Brotherdu
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.