NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Meh, he'll be a loss for sure but not an irreplaceable one and more to the point, his money can be so much better spent elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on a plane tonight and playing French rugby soon.

But when he does eventually sign with the Roosters, it will be so interesting to see what the NRL does about it and of course my guess is nothing.

Just keep in mind when you fly off half cocked with these intensely nasty comments about people you don't know, that our players might be reading your words. Your overarching theme is always about how players must remain loyal to us, or they need to be punished brutally, in a way that's abrasively like an abusive relationship.

I don't like the idea that players might think this is the way fans think of them: like our little bitches that need to get under our heel.
I'm not going to derail the thread any further. If you want to keep telling me how much better you believe you are than me you are welcome to private message me.

If you think that this is 'flying off the handle' and 'intensely nasty' I want your life, also if what a nobody says to other nobodies on the internet bothers our players they are not cut out for professional sport.

You are, after all, the company you keep.

You know, i was on this site trumpeting the benefits of keeping Haas with this group of forwards as they hit their prime together, simply because he was a generational talent.

However, he's also a dumb ****.

I retract everything i said about the guy. He's finished here, its over....

Patty, Flegs, Jensen, Riki, Capes....fucking love you guys....

This is a blessing in disguise. Letting Haas go is the key to unlocking the Broncos deep into the finals provided we trade Haas for a quality spine player. Replace Haas with Lodge on minimum wage and you'll end up with a positive-sum game.

Meh, he'll be a loss for sure but not an irreplaceable one and more to the point, his money can be so much better spent elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on a plane tonight and playing French rugby soon.

But when he does eventually sign with the Roosters, it will be so interesting to see what the NRL does about it and of course my guess is nothing.
Its a huge silver lining alright - make no mistake, we STILL need NRL quality and above spine players that align with Areys timeframe with us.

But, you look at the cap and its hard to make the numbers work...and now this...

I can now see how the Brocnos get a very good fullback or hooker next season now...

Thats the thing. Is his output worth pretty much 2 Carrigans? No it isnt. No doubt he is a top player, but he isnt enough of a difference maker to warrant being the highest paid player in the NRL.
Carrigan with an offload in his game is causing more damage than Haas (fresh off a knee reco, too). And I’d imagine ball carriers probably prefer to run at Haas.

Nrl would probably applaud the Roosters for bringing him back to the game and give them a salary cap exemption

This is a blessing in disguise. Letting Haas go is the key to unlocking the Broncos deep into the finals provided we trade Haas for a quality spine player. We can replace Haas with Lodge on minimum wage and you won't lose much.

Except whatever Lodge keeps draining from the sides he plays in.

Morale, camaraderie etc.

Maybe he wants to play with his brother at the Tits, swap him for Fifita and Tino on subsidised contracts.

This is a blessing in disguise. Letting Haas go is the key to unlocking the Broncos deep into the finals provided we trade Haas for a quality spine player. We can replace Haas with Lodge on minimum wage and you won't lose much.
And who is this quality spine player that we are going to get. There are none available, and if a club has one, unless they are incompetent and rampantly stupid like Souths, they are not let go.

If DD wanted to, I think this would be an excellent moment to dig heels in and bring the NRL under serious scrutiny.

Players hold clubs to ransom. Sign for 3 years on a million bucks a season and spend the whole time injured. Too bad for the club.

Get a better offer elsewhere? I want a release! - Too bad for the club.

What is the point of contracts if it's not a 2 way street. Clubs have to commit to the term, no matter what. Players seem to think Contracts are optional.

This thinking needs to end.

Contracts are binding, on both parties. Live up to your end or suffer the consequences.

would be making sure that any contract he signs is what he was expecting us to pay
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Something real suss about Lodge getting paid out ?
750 K for sweet F A . I don`t understand that ?

Don`t wanna go live in New Zealand ? Fine ,,, see you round . But why give him 750 large as a parting gift ?

O'Sullivan special?

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • marw
  • theshed
  • simplythebest
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • Alec
  • RodF
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
  • Rookie Alan
  • jarro65
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • Broncosgirl
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.