PLAYER Payne Haas

Let’s hope someone eggs him on like this to his face this week. Get an even bigger fire under him!!

I've been joking with the guys at work for years that he just needs to find his angry button on the field to go to a whole other level.

The back end of this season there has been some real venom in his runs. I think he's finding that angry button. I want to see him level JFH and Leota on Sunday.

To actually answer your question more concisely.....article in the Sydney Herald, yesterday.

Oh right. He wants to see an improvement in his overall family unit, or some positivity come from it. What a ****.

To actually answer your question more concisely.....article in the Sydney Herald, yesterday.

How can you spin this into something sinister?

Payne:

“It would mean a lot to my family if we win. It’s more showing them that no matter what’s going on in your life, you need to keep working hard and chipping away, and if you do things will fall your way. He got bail a couple of weeks ago and he’s out now. He’s learned his lesson. I’m close with all my brothers, and I’m trying to show them a different way."​
“At the end of the day, what they choose is up to them – I’m trying to pave the way for my younger brothers and show them there are different ways in life to do it. I’ve got seven brothers and three sisters. Most of my family will be there on Sunday, including Zeda.”​

Kevin Walters:
“He’s been through so much on the field and off the field. He’s one of the guys I’m especially pleased for to get through to the grand final because he’s seen some really tough times here, him and Patty and Flegler who were here when things weren’t so nice – it was totally out of character for the Broncos. But they stayed here and stayed true to themselves and the club, and now they’re into a grand final.”

“That’s Payne’s mentality. He’s very determined and committed to being the best person he can be on the field and also off the field. He's one of the top props, I watch him a lot and like the way he plays,” Haas said. “He plays tough and does all the gritty work for them. You know a good prop when you see one.”​

FMD there have historically been some shit takes by members on here, but this up in the grand final for shit takes.

About the only place I can see he goes anywhere near what is alleged is this:
It would mean a lot to them [if we win],” Haas told this masthead. “It’s more showing my family that no matter what’s going on in your life, you need to keep working hard and chipping away, and [if you do] things will fall your way.

If you read it in context, he appears to be referring to the entire family. Why is that improper? I would have thought it was a good thing that he is trying to be a role model for his younger siblings and encouraging them to take a different path to other members of the family. But what would I know, let me grab my pitchfork and join the mob for the faux outrage.

It's a no-win situation for everyone with Payne's family. The journos want to bring it up because it creates the exact outrage that we are seeing here, but in this case the outrage is justified. Payne is allowed to hope for the best with his family, he doesn't need to be leading the cavalry to burn his mum at the stake to agree that she has done some awful shit. But for the rest of us, who do our best to not be horrible self-entitled humans, we would prefer to not hear about anyone wishing her well.

It's a no-win situation for everyone with Payne's family. The journos want to bring it up because it creates the exact outrage that we are seeing here, but in this case the outrage is justified. Payne is allowed to hope for the best with his family, he doesn't need to be leading the cavalry to burn his mum at the stake to agree that she has done some awful shit. But for the rest of us, who do our best to not be horrible self-entitled humans, we would prefer to not hear about anyone wishing her well.
It's not about you though. No one cares what your opinion is on his family.

FMD there have historically been some shit takes by members on here, but this up in the grand final for shit takes.

About the only place I can see he goes anywhere near what is alleged is this:
It would mean a lot to them [if we win],” Haas told this masthead. “It’s more showing my family that no matter what’s going on in your life, you need to keep working hard and chipping away, and [if you do] things will fall your way.

If you read it in context, he appears to be referring to the entire family. Why is that improper? I would have thought it was a good thing that he is trying to be a role model for his younger siblings and encouraging them to take a different path to other members of the family. But what would I know, let me grab my pitchfork and join the mob for the faux outrage.
to be fair the mob consists mostly of cult and mr fourex, but yes shit takes indeed.

Journo was probably trying to bait him into losing his temper and having a very public gaffe. Nsw journo I bet.

It's not about you though. No one cares what your opinion is on his family.

That's not entirely true....I care.

....and I bet the remaining family of the 3 people who were killed by Payne's Mum, care
as well.

It would be hard enough for them hearing Payne's name in the media constantly......re RL
..and then to read him saying how he hopes to be an inspiration to those who have caused them so much pain and devastation. (?)

It'd be better for everyone if he just left it unsaid........

That's not entirely true....I care.

....and I bet the remaining family of the 3 people who were killed by Payne's Mum, care
as well.

It would be hard enough for them hearing Payne's name in the media constantly......re RL
..and then to read him saying how he hopes to be an inspiration to those who have caused them so much pain and devastation. (?)

It'd be better for everyone if he just left it unsaid........
It would be better for everyone if they read it within context, as has been pointed out to you and others already in this thread.

Do you think those devastated people read it in the "right context" and were completely understanding?

Do you think those devastated people read it in the "right context" and were completely understanding?
Yeah I just got off the phone to them, they were cool with it.

What you're proposing is total nonsense, just about everyone can see it but you. I'll leave you to your delusion that Payne is proud of his mum for killing 3 people.

What you're proposing is total nonsense,

All I'm proposing is that Payne keep quiet about his lunatic mother and drug dealer brother in the media.

Have a little respect for those possibly still grieving?

I would have thought that's the least he could do for his mother's victims.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.