Peter Wallace Injury

Carroll at halfback is a terrible move IMO.

The Storm will load the pressure onto Lockyer and McCullough if we move Tunza to half, i can only seeing it have a negative effect.

Nashy said:
Apparently there are strong indications that Carroll will play 5/8th and Locky to play Halfback.
Whatever is announced today won't be what happens on Saturday night.

Nashy said:
Apparently there are strong indications that Carroll will play 5/8th and Locky to play Halfback.

why do you say that? because the media have speculated about another player tp play half on the weekend. this make 6 player mentioned in the media now

Foordy said:
Nashy said:

why do you say that? because the media have speculated about another player tp play half on the weekend. this make 6 player mentioned in the media now

I think the Broncos will name a team today.
I think the Broncos will train with 2 or 3 different players at halfback over the next few days.
I think Henjak will make a final decision on Thursday or Friday.
That decision may well not be what's named today.

Carroll as 5/8 - I reckon is a Broncos ploy.

Wait for Saturday when the game starts.

Wild Card for 6 - Dave Taylor!!! Ben Hunt off the bench after 20-30 mins, switching Locky to 6, Carroll back on the bench, and Taylor in the Centres again.

Foordy said:
Nashy said:

Alfie was on the radio.

Team comes out at 12:30 doesn't it?

Henjak said he won't have a final answer about the team until late in the week. So chances are, the team named today will not be correct.

Anyone have a feeling he'll name a totally messed up squad so Melbourne train for Locky in 7, and a big unit alongside him, or something like that, only to name Hunt as 18th man, and then play him?

Nashy said:
Foordy said:
Nashy said:

Alfie was on the radio.

I reckon if Alf was talking about carroll playing 5/8 on the radio, we can assume it won't happen.

The absolute beauty about this is the Under 20s are going to play the curtain raiser anyway. So he wouldn't even have to name Ben Hunt in the squad, he could still take Te'o or McGuire as 18th man, and just take a reserve half as 18th man for Under 20s.

Most media would be too dumb to notice that.

Locky to half is not too bad, he plays that way anyway. If that's to be the way it happens we need someone like Glenn to play 5/8 and bring in another backrower or McGuire, NOT Carroll to 5/8.

But in any case, I think Hunt should be elevated.

Te'o was on nova this morning, he said he told Henjak he would step in for Wallace at no.7 if he wanted and Ivan had a bit of a chuckle about it

20minutes untill team is ment to be announced. Ive never actually been so nervous. So many options.

As said elsewhere, the team probably won't be finalised till later in the week. It would be nice to know now though.

Heard a little half-baked rumour from a mate:

One of my casuals dad is a Orth surgeon. Apparantly he was the consultant for Wallace this week and if the Broncs make the GF he is a chance of playing.

My Danny Weidler tip of the day.

That would be awesome, but that would be a huge gamble to carry a guy into a game that big with that type of injury.

If we beat Melbourne without Wallace, I don't think there would be any need for Wallace to play in the next match. Storm is probably the best remaining defensive side in the competition, if we can come up with ways to score points against them, we can do it against anybody.

Edit: Any need to risk him, obviously. If Wallace wans't injured, obviously he'd be in there.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Griffo
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • broncotville
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Skathen
  • Big Del
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.