Petero flags Brisbane return

P

Pumba

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Petero flags Brisbane return
By Peter Badel

PETERO Civoniceva is considering a career swan song at the Broncos - and incoming coach Ivan Henjak shapes as the attraction to take him back to Red Hill.
Just 12 months after a protracted contract wrangle forced Civoniceva to link with Penrith, the Test prop revealed he has not dismissed returning to play under Henjak in 2010.

"I'm not ruling it out," Civoniceva said of a comeback to the Broncos.

Civoniceva insists he holds no grudges toward the Broncos. His primary grievance is with coach Wayne Bennett, whom he alleges broke a promise to deliver a big pay day to him when front-row colleague Shane Webcke retired at the end of 2006.

Henjak said he would gladly have the hulking Fijian back to spearhead Brisbane's pack in 2010.

Link

nope.. i say lets nick kenny and dave taylor lead

Yes we want him back. He is like a good wine, older he is the better.

I would have him back for a season or two.

It would have to be on a much lower pay packet than what he's on now though.

It'd be nice to have someone like Petero back in our forward pack with all his experience and knowledge of the game. It would really benefit the younger generation.

He'd fit well back into the club. After all, he's all about the money.. and so is the club.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat at the moment. But will like to see what kind of form he is in next year and if it holds up still, then definitely in 2010

Provided he doesn't eat up too much of the cap i'd gladly have him back

Nope. He's old, it'd be a step backwards. Blood the young guys, and get them in there.

Kingdom For A Heart said:
He'd fit well back into the club. After all, he's all about the money.. and so is the club.

Oh to be blessed with such knowledge of the inner workings at Red Hill. Must be right on the tip out there at Chinchilla huh?

He'll be what 34 by then?

Unless he is setting the world on fire, we need to look towards the future with McGuire, Taylor, Kenny and Sims.

**** yeah, bring petch back!

look, petrol's not 70 cents a litre anymore. Like that price, petero is a thing of the past.

It really depends what kind of form he is in, but Id say probably not.

It would be good to get him back I guess but we need to start looking at the future and bringing/buying some young props that will help us build a dynasty of sorts.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.