Phil Gould must be sacked by Channel 9

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Re: Phil Guild must be sacked by Channel 9

You're allowed your opinion, but you need to realise that it isn't fact. The way you post is as if you are stating it it fact. It isn't.

If you want a boring commentator who has no passion, listen to the ABC.

Personally, I like the commentary teams we have, and as stated above, I think people saying that it's holding the game back are ridiculous. Not only ridiculous, but baseless.

animal eater

QCup Player

You're allowed your opinion, but you need to realise that it isn't fact. The way you post is as if you are stating it it fact. It isn't.

If you want a boring commentator who has no passion, listen to the ABC.

Personally, I like the commentary teams we have, and as stated above, I think people saying that it's holding the game back are ridiculous. Not only ridiculous, but baseless.
You are getting to caught up on "fact" vs opinion. I truly believe you haven't heard many great announcers because if you had, you can realize that someone can be both unbiased, interesting and passionate all at once.... still you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

animal eater

QCup Player

Bloody genius must of started this thread.:clever: How much better was it without him in the box?

animal eater

QCup Player

Just because you are not a fan of Wally doesn't change the fact that Phil Guild still needed to have a break. It was much more enjoyable listening.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane

Just because you are not a fan of Wally doesn't change the fact that Phil Guild still needed to have a break. It was much more enjoyable listening.
Yes, but I think people call it bias when he's not too bad in that regard. The biggest issue is that him an Rabs clearly hate each other, and they act like arguing kids for half the game.

animal eater

QCup Player

Yes, but I think people call it bias when he's not too bad in that regard. The biggest issue is that him an Rabs clearly hate each other, and they act like arguing kids for half the game.
I hear what you say in him and Rabbits and in a way you could almost hear Rabbits sounding more comfortable without him in the box. As I mentioned earlier in thread, I do think Guild has plenty of knowledge and can be of use but not in role that he is. I also believe the whole announcing team needs a restart to get to the next level of professionalism full stop.

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere

They don't hate each other at all they are very close friends. Those arguments they do are just plain retarted and stupid. They obviously think that they've got some comedy routine going when they do it.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane

They don't hate each other at all they are very close friends. Those arguments they do are just plain retarted and stupid. They obviously think that they've got some comedy routine going when they do it.
I don't know who told you that, but the way Rabs talks about Phil on Triple M would suggest this friendship is the only joke.

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere

I don't know who told you that, but the way Rabs talks about Phil on Triple M would suggest this friendship is the only joke.
In the 30 years of Origin DVD Rabs was doing a monologue about Origin and describing some of the great players and coaches that he has seen at this level. He said Gus was his friend and sidekick.

It's at 2.25

Last edited by a moderator:

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Oh, so he's probably lying on Triple M when he speaks most passionately. I think I'll trust what I've heard and the tone over a DVD promoting league where he is doing his job.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
It was actually refreshing not to hear Gould last night.

Wally is definitely as bias if not more so but he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of words in edgewise so the telecast feels a lot more neutral as a result.

With Gould, it feels like he's borderline coaching from the box and he doesn't tell the story of the game at all. I still remember the decider in 2011 where Gould was treating Queensland's dominant period as this great moment of NSW resilience and a great challenge for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter