Phil Gould must be sacked by Channel 9

Re: Phil Guild must be sacked by Channel 9

I like seeing passion from the commentators. You're either on their side or you're not, so it fires you up either way.

I like seeing passion from the commentators. You're either on their side or you're not, so it fires you up either way.

Agree ...I like Sterlo (idolised him as a kid actually), but the way he was shutting down any discussion about the Thaiday no-try made me want to punch him in the face.

see Nashy, therein lies the problem. It doesn't matter how you or I see the game. The point is ANY professional commentator is meant to give an objective and not totally biased representation of the game. That is 101 journalism. Again, I have never seen any more bias in any game and I think I have seen about 10,000 games in my life. Despite that he knows the game well, he needs to be given a time out and remember that not every viewer sits on one side of the fence.

a commentator doesn't have to be objective. its the ABC that has it written into their guidelines to be even handed and tell both sides of the story. Everyone else can pretty much do what they want, especially sports commentators. they are in the entertainment industry. their job is to be controversial and memorable otherwise they'd be out of a job pretty quickly.

Gus irritates me so much but if he wants to be a biased moron he is allowed to. I just ignore him/put the TV on mute when he becomes unbearable.

Last edited:

a commentator doesn't have to be objective. its the ABC that has it written into their guidelines to be even handed and tell both sides of the story. Everyone else can pretty much do what they want, especially sports commentators. they are in the entertainment industry. their job is to be controversial and memorable otherwise they'd be out of a job pretty quickly.

Gus irritates me so much but if he wants to be a biased moron he is allowed to. I just ignore him/put the TV on mute when he becomes unbearable.

Just because it can and does happen doesn't mean it should. I think the precedent in this country is too call games with one eye and with an agenda. It can and should be so much better.

In your opinion. You're very much posting like your opinion is fact. It's not.

In your opinion. You're very much posting like your opinion is fact. It's not.

Well who else's opinion and I supposed to have? Certainly not yours. By your account, I am sure you will be more than happy to see things stay exactly like they are. So what. That's life.

You're allowed your opinion, but you need to realise that it isn't fact. The way you post is as if you are stating it it fact. It isn't.

If you want a boring commentator who has no passion, listen to the ABC.

Personally, I like the commentary teams we have, and as stated above, I think people saying that it's holding the game back are ridiculous. Not only ridiculous, but baseless.

You're allowed your opinion, but you need to realise that it isn't fact. The way you post is as if you are stating it it fact. It isn't.

If you want a boring commentator who has no passion, listen to the ABC.

Personally, I like the commentary teams we have, and as stated above, I think people saying that it's holding the game back are ridiculous. Not only ridiculous, but baseless.

You are getting to caught up on "fact" vs opinion. I truly believe you haven't heard many great announcers because if you had, you can realize that someone can be both unbiased, interesting and passionate all at once.... still you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

Bloody genius must of started this thread.:clever: How much better was it without him in the box?

Bloody genius must of started this thread.:clever: How much better was it without him in the box?

I wouldn't know .... i still watch the game with the sound muted.

So was there a reason he wasn't in the box?

I dunno, but he's 10 times less bias than Wally the idiot.

I dunno, but he's 10 times less bias than Wally the idiot.

Wally is just a poor commentator full-stop !!

Watch him read the news .... it's cringeworthy !!!

Just because you are not a fan of Wally doesn't change the fact that Phil Guild still needed to have a break. It was much more enjoyable listening.

Hearing Wally blow out when Chambers almost scored off that Cronk kick was hilarious.

Just because you are not a fan of Wally doesn't change the fact that Phil Guild still needed to have a break. It was much more enjoyable listening.

Yes, but I think people call it bias when he's not too bad in that regard. The biggest issue is that him an Rabs clearly hate each other, and they act like arguing kids for half the game.

Yes, but I think people call it bias when he's not too bad in that regard. The biggest issue is that him an Rabs clearly hate each other, and they act like arguing kids for half the game.

I hear what you say in him and Rabbits and in a way you could almost hear Rabbits sounding more comfortable without him in the box. As I mentioned earlier in thread, I do think Guild has plenty of knowledge and can be of use but not in role that he is. I also believe the whole announcing team needs a restart to get to the next level of professionalism full stop.

They don't hate each other at all they are very close friends. Those arguments they do are just plain retarted and stupid. They obviously think that they've got some comedy routine going when they do it.

Active Now

• Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.