Phil Gould's Rallying Cry to Broncos Fans

Say what you want about Gus, but he's right. I won't flee at the first sign of misery. I will stand, and will continue to stand until we see the top of the mountain again.

People asking for Toovey, Flanagan, and now Gus. **** times are dark.

I’d take Toovey, even if he was here on a 2 or 3 year deal just to smarten the place up.

He was handed the reigns to a strong manly side but he always cane across as strong leader.

I’m unsure who the right man for the job is but I’d take his blow ups after being dudded in a heart beat.

They’re all decent coaches, but a year ago people would’ve been sickened by the suggestion of any of them running the broncos.
Not me. I get that Gus was our sworn enemy but I think deep down he always had a fascination and even admiration for the Broncos. I also think if he and Bennett had an opportunity to work together as a Coach and Administrator too it would have been absolutely fascinating.

Say what you want about Gus, but he's right. I won't flee at the first sign of misery. I will stand, and will continue to stand until we see the top of the mountain again.
Ditto, without the lows, the highs would be boring.
[automerge]1593988467[/automerge]
I have a sneaking suspicion the NRL is in damage control over the Broncos right now.
They cant afford one of the largest clubs in the NRL to be this bad for too long as it will cost them revenue and ratings.
When you have staunch NSW supporters coming out and telling the Broncos fans to keep their chins up, you know shit is dire.

Last edited:
I have a sneaking suspicion the NRL is in damage control over the Broncos right now.
They cant afford one of the largest clubs in the NRL to be this bad for too long as it will cost them revenue and ratings.
When you have staunch NSW supporters coming out and telling the Broncos fans to keep their chins up, you know shit is dire.
Bet we still don't win the penalty count against the Doggies though.

Last Saturday night we got our first penalty at the 65 minute mark. Think about that for a sec.

I get that I should stick with the club through thick and thin. I also know if things like memberships, sales etc don’t take a hit, nothing will ever change. It’s all about the share price apparently.

I have to disagree, I think the NRL is tickled fucking pink right now. If they didn't want to have the Broncos go bad they wouldn't have killed us with the 6 agains in the opening rounds of the restart. They wanted this, the got it and they would be over the moon.

I have to disagree, I think the NRL is tickled fucking pink right now. If they didn't want to have the Broncos go bad they wouldn't have killed us with the 6 agains in the opening rounds of the restart. They wanted this, the got it and they would be over the moon.
Correct. I"m not sure they've done a great deal to encourage it to happen, but they certainly won't be interested in turning it around. There are a lot of people who run the game who've waited their entire careers for a chance to see the Broncos struggle and kick them while they're down. This will be like Christmas coming twice a year over at Moore Park.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.