Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

I've got a bit of a left field idea, but what do you guys think of Kobe Hetherington playing in the second row as a starter? From all reports it seems like Carrigan will wear the thirteen and as we all know Carrigan is simply just a hit up merchant that makes his tackles, that's it!

With Hetherington in the second row it will strengthen our defence immensely with Capewell on the other side of the field. He also can run a good line and throw insane cut out balls to our wingers.
If Kobe doesn't get picked at 13 he's got more versatility off the bench than Riki, TC, Piakura. He can play in the middle, on the edge, 9 and if worse case scenario i think he could fill in at 6 as I believe he played abit there in the juniors and his first games in cup. Piakura is a backrower, Riki is a backrower who could play middle if needed and I see TC as being capable of both being stronger than RIki as a middle which probably makes him a better bench option over Riki.

Oates has been really good for us for a long time but we've always known once he lost that speed he had as a younger player there would more than likely be better options.

I think his future is in the backrow but for whatever reason he hasn't ever successfully made that transition.
I imagine moving from wing to 2nd row you have to lock it in and make that change in the preseason. Bulk up a bit, train in position etc.
His form would never have "declined" if Siebold had half a clue. Top try scorer in 2018 (18) and 2019 (13 + 1 for Qld) scores (2) in 2020 when you stop passing the ball to him. Siebold solution was to send Oates to reserve grade. I was hoping Kev might do better...

based off tonight and the back end of last season i would run out with this team for round 1. Carrigan is the exception here, but he will and should be there somewhere

1. Nui
2. Pereira
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Hethrington

14. Walters
15. James
16. TC Robati
17. Palasia

I do think that Kevvie will go with Carrigan at lock and Turps to start. even if Turps does start, I'd still go with Billy as the utility. Paix is better of playing big minutes at hooker in the QCup rather that 10 or 15 minutes of the bench in the NRL.

I imagine moving from wing to 2nd row you have to lock it in and make that change in the preseason. Bulk up a bit, train in position etc.
His form would never have "declined" if Siebold had half a clue. Top try scorer in 2018 (18) and 2019 (13 + 1 for Qld) scores (2) in 2020 when you stop passing the ball to him. Siebold solution was to send Oates to reserve grade. I was hoping Kev might do better...
Oates has done a solid job for us and has had some fantastic moments but our team needs to move on into the future. He was always going to have to move to 2nd row, but I can't see him breaking in with our current talent.

Well that's pretty stupid because Kev did do better. He made him work his way into the team through Q-cup which he did and finished the season well. Kev, Ben and Dave went out and got us some good outside backs and plus our already good young crop in the side Oates brain fades and lack of ability to find the line isn't enough to get him in our side anymore, nobody should have to take accountability for that apart from himself. On top of that it's a bit rich to blame the coach for his lack of form when he admitted to putting in 0 effort. I love Corey but its time he goes elsewhere or gets himself a media or radio deal whilst he still can, Redcliffe will be calling so he does have a future in the NRL.

He was always going to have to move to 2nd row, but I can't see him breaking in with our current talent.

He has been talking 2nd row for years .
Played some trials there , went back to the wing . If he was a legit option he should be playing 2nd row in Q Cup . Showing he`s better than his competitors .

20220215 164857

Well there it is boys.

Here's Kevvie's 17. Argue with the wall

Spoiler anti-spoiler alert: No coach with an unsettled squad like is (in terms of certainties in positions) has completely made their minds up for round 1 yet...plus Flegler can't even play round 1.

View attachment 16819
NRL.com have just posted this predicted line-up for round 1 on their Facebook page.

Kennedy to start in 8?

When did @Huge get a gig as a writer for the NRL website?

They've just about nailed it except for Kennedy starting. Blergh. Get James in there until Flegler is back and Kennedy can be the bench warmer, or leave him out completely for Gamble.

View attachment 16819
NRL.com have just posted this predicted line-up for round 1 on their Facebook page.

Kennedy to start in 8?

When did @Huge get a gig as a writer for the NRL website?
Gamble and Walters will be in the side somewhere if they are even just semi-decent these 1-2 trials.

Kennedy won't get near the starting team unless there are 3 or 4 injuries at prop.

And a 4 forward bench in the vlandopey 6 again era will not work with Turpin having the running game of a bloke with cement boots on...

Who the **** pays these "experts"?

I really don't understand people picking Pereira over Oates. It just doesn't make sense.

Unread

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky24
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.