NEWS Pies: me and Fifi are cool

Yeah, there’s definitely loose lips at the club. So much info came out during the Bennett and Seibold dramas too. Hopefully whoever it is ***** off along with White.

It’s endemic across the league. There are very few secrets when it comes to player movements or club political issues because otherwise the 24/7 news cycle would have to do some actual football discussion instead of gossip-mongering.

I’d wager there’s some backscratch deals between journos and certain connected people that would deal in ‘you didn’t hear this from me, but-s’

Last edited:
37 games of NRL and a starting Origin spot with 3 games under his belt, now counts as ‘sweet F all’?

To be getting paid over a million a year? Yeah it really is ‘sweet F all’.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm done with the on-going beat-up of our club that's still doing the rounds on all sites. Pretty sure no other team has to put up with this crap, yeah, we lost a player ... a potentially great player (yet to be proved) ... ffs sake move on !!. So many experts who are now spruiking their own theories as to how they would "save" the Broncs ... if they're so freakin' brilliant, why are they still sitting round a table on a TV show. The most worrying thing in all of this is that I have a notion that Gus is the only one talking a bit of sense ... did I just type that out loud ??

Don't know about anyone else but I'm done with the on-going beat-up of our club that's still doing the rounds on all sites. Pretty sure no other team has to put up with this crap, yeah, we lost a player ... a potentially great player (yet to be proved) ... ffs sake move on !!. So many experts who are now spruiking their own theories as to how they would "save" the Broncs ... if they're so freakin' brilliant, why are they still sitting round a table on a TV show. The most worrying thing in all of this is that I have a notion that Gus is the only one talking a bit of sense ... did I just type that out loud ??

If rumours are true, one of throes tv table types might indeed be the next leader of the club.

Look let's be honest. Pies said we had him, we paid for his escape from Bali thinking we had him. We paid for his knee-op and re-hab thinking we had him. The club's overwhelming arrogance and hubris is only matched by the level of incompetence that has been shown in mis-managing the re-signing of a once in a generation player we have nurtured since he was 14 years old (?).

His defection to of all teams - the Titans was just the cherry on top of the monumental shitcake White and Co baked when they signed a guy for five years (with an option in his favour) without even thinking to include some safety net, or getout clauses for the club should it turn out his excel spreadsheets were mere smoke and mirror Pie charts.

We haven't just dropped the ball, it seems we fuckin forgot to bring the ball in the first place.

Broncos met with him over 20 times, they did everything they could.

Well he would know that Seibs won’t be here next year so any suggestion it was for that is bullshit.

He is a mercenary dog and I have no respect for him anymore, however I would regain some respect for him if he manned up and just admitted it was the money.

Not knowing who the coach will be is definitely a factor. Even knowing it won’t be Pies can Fifita really be certain the board aren’t going to sign another plodder? They haven’t made a correct decision in about 2 years.

but that's just me not thinking a "once in a generation" backrower will win you a competition especially with how much of the salary cap you would have to pour into him to get him to play for you.

But they might get you damn close... Just look at what Taumololo did in 2017 when nearly taking the Cowboys to a premiership. Across the 4 games in that finals series, he produced some god-like numbers from 8th position:
Metres: 879
Post-contact: 374
Tackle Breaks: 16
Tackles: 133
Minutes pg: 65
Te-maire martin, Granville and Coote are no world beaters and have various deficiencies to their games, however it does show that a dominant and world class forward with one key half (ie. Morgan) can take you a long way. I agree with you the hype around Fifi is crazy. It took 3-4 years of consistency and dominance from Taumololo before he was recognised as the NRL's best forward and now all of a sudden Fifi is on his level after 30 games!! Please...

Use the old snitch finder tactic.
Leak 5 different stories inside the club to 5 key people, whichever story hits the press will give away your leak.
Need to get this sort of shit out of the club pronto.

Not knowing who the coach will be is definitely a factor. Even knowing it won’t be Pies can Fifita really be certain the board aren’t going to sign another plodder? They haven’t made a correct decision in about 2 years.

Titans aren't in any better shape, who will be the Titans coach in 12 months? They've had 6 coaches since Cartwright in 2014.

It was a factor until the biggest deal in the NRL was waived in front of his face.

What exactly has Fifita done to this club to deserve the constant defending and excuses from most fans?

Sad to lose him but I'm wary about these back rowers who burst on the scene, proclaimed as world-beaters by all only to fade quickly due to either injury or other clubs figuring them out. Think Carl Webb, Dave Taylor, Coen Hess, Angus Chrighton, and I think Cam Murray and Victor Radley will be in this category too.

As for being mercenary, anyone who seriously thinks that in if they were in that position they'd find it easy to turn their back on that sort of cash at his stage in life is lying to themselves. No blame at all for taking that sort of money when a career-ending injury could happen at any moment of any game.

But they might get you damn close... Just look at what Taumololo did in 2017 when nearly taking the Cowboys to a premiership. Across the 4 games in that finals series, he produced some god-like numbers from 8th position:
Metres: 879
Post-contact: 374
Tackle Breaks: 16
Tackles: 133
Minutes pg: 65
Te-maire martin, Granville and Coote are no world beaters and have various deficiencies to their games, however it does show that a dominant and world class forward with one key half (ie. Morgan) can take you a long way. I agree with you the hype around Fifi is crazy. It took 3-4 years of consistency and dominance from Taumololo before he was recognised as the NRL's best forward and now all of a sudden Fifi is on his level after 30 games!! Please...

2017 was all about Morgan even with that output. I think Morgan is hugely over-rated but even I can't take that half season away from him, he was elite.

They could have met with him 100 times. The problem being if they don't know how to negotiate properly the number of meetings are superfluous to the argument. Not sure how many times they met Siebold before signing him up to one of the most lop-sided contracts in the club's history. But it shows the number of meetings count for nothing.

Titans aren't in any better shape, who will be the Titans coach in 12 months? They've had 6 coaches since Cartwright in 2014.
I’d argue that they are in better shape. They’re definitely playing better footy than we are.

So he always wanted to go then ? Seems strange to have so many meetings and not get it done

I’d argue that they are in better shape. They’re definitely playing better footy than we are.
Let's see how they play with a similar injury list . And if they are playing better shouldn't they be further up the ladder?? I mean **** if this is them being good and still in the bottom 3 , at least we can only get better with troops coming back.

Active Now

• barker
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.