NEWS Pies: me and Fifi are cool

To me it sounds like the exact same dumb shit that happened with Bellamy. Even down to someone leaking inner details to the media.
This. FMD, so much this.

When was the last time the Broncos went out and ambitiously chased a target and successfully pulled it off - be it Coach or Player?

So he always wanted to go then ? Seems strange to have so many meetings and not get it done
Correct. If anything it only reinforces our blatant front office ineptitude.

The Titans are a decades long basket case in both the the front and back office and even they didn't need 20 meetings with him to not actually get the job done.

Last edited:
Correct. If anything it only reinforces our blatant front office ineptitude.

The Titans are a decades long basket case in the front office and even they didn't need 20 meetings with him to not actually get the job done.

Nope, just 1.1 million. It's like 2 parties are negotiating to buy a house and one party is negotiating with the seller to buy it for 15% more than the median price but the second party walks in and drops an extra 400k and then walking away claiming to be a master negotiator.

Last edited:
But the point was certainty around coaching- Titans don't have that security either.
They might finally have found some.
My money is on holbrook lasting as coach longer than siebold even allowing for the fact siebold is in his second year with us.

It just shits me that we bailed him out of a 3rd world prison and he now just walks away from us, like none of it ever happened.
The club should have waited in till the offseason to have had his surgery.
If he had played in every game since resumption who knows, we might be a few more wins up, he’d be happier etc and he may have stayed. Instead he has been rehabbing away from the main group for months now. Probably had a lot of thinking time and not a heap of time with the other blokes in this side.
We can all be super disappointed etc, but if we are being honest 1.25m is a shit load of money.
Zero tackle have his contract as:
2021: 1.3m
2022: 1.1
2023: 1.1m
Totalling 3.5m

From reports Broncos were
2021: 750k
2022: 800k
2023: 900k
Totalling 2.45m
If those numbers are correct, we are talking the titans are paying him $1m more then what we were offering over a 3yr period.
I don’t think anyone can knock him for turning us down and I think if we are all being honest, most of us would have done exactly what he has done.

Now we just have to turn his departure into a positive by going all in for Cam Smith.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm done with the on-going beat-up of our club that's still doing the rounds on all sites. Pretty sure no other team has to put up with this crap, yeah, we lost a player ... a potentially great player (yet to be proved) ... ffs sake move on !!. So many experts who are now spruiking their own theories as to how they would "save" the Broncs ... if they're so freakin' brilliant, why are they still sitting round a table on a TV show. The most worrying thing in all of this is that I have a notion that Gus is the only one talking a bit of sense ... did I just type that out loud ??
Yeah I've largely stopped watching them and stopped clicking on articles because it's not stop bashing.

Wonder if their viewership and clicks are down... I'd imagine fans of other clubs enjoyed it initially, but every show being dedicated to Broncos bashing would start to wear thin as their club is getting zero attention

If those numbers are correct, we are talking the titans are paying him $1m more then what we were offering over a 3yr period.

After management fees, taxes etc, that is around ~500k difference between contracts over 3 years. 3rd parties must be healthy, maybe he got a boat.

Last edited:
The best part is Badel back-pedalling saying there was noise they didn’t get along.

That’s funny Pete because your article the other day literally said they didn’t get along.

Imagine spending three years at uni to be a journalist and writing this rubbish each week.

The best part is Badel back-pedalling saying there was noise they didn’t get along.

That’s funny Pete because your article the other day literally said they didn’t get along.

Imagine spending three years at uni to be a journalist and writing this rubbish each week.
To be fair, the whole journalism community seems to have fallen to new lows.

Not sticking up for Badel though.

After management fees, taxes etc, that is around ~500k difference between contracts over 3 years. 3rd parties must be healthy, maybe he got a boat.

did you take into account how those same expenses would’ve effected his broncos contract?

did you take into account how those same expenses would’ve effected his broncos contract?

Yes. Applied the same rates across each contract. I'm not sure if super is applied to player contracts so did not include that.

If ever there was a time to use a player option... this would have been it for the Broncs, presumably that wasn't offered :)

The coast due to their history have the added issue of survivorship, what happens in the event of a bankruptcy or similar, something a competent negotiator would be all over but one of the things being considered I'm sure.

Regarding the Pies Fifi relationship being all cool, isn't that just how coach rolls? He's tight with the cool part of the playing group and on a nick name basis with them all.

Cognitive bias and misaligned incentives. Let’s say you really wanted to stay at the Broncos. But when weighing up a one million dollar shortfall to stay, the narrative in your mind is convincingly weighting all the upsides to moving south against a more reasonable judgement. Suddenly playing with old mates, the potential of a new coach etc, etc, etc. And all that money suddenly makes all that potential upside seem so much sweeter.

Last edited:
If you had 1.25M to offer a player from the whole of the NRL who would you choose?

If I was offering that to someone in the last 12 months who has both been in jail and also out at the pokies the night before a 0-58 finals defeat I would sure be tightening my contract clauses in that offer, not Paul White kinda tight.. but really really tight.

Last edited:
Don't know how I missed this ... seems the "clincher" in the Fifita deal all came down to a phone conversation between DF and that tower of intellect, Gordy "Bronco-baiter" Tallis ... and I quote
"There was only one thing I promised him, he said ‘are you on the coaching staff?’ and I said ‘if you want me to be, I will, I’ll go help you through your career with anything you want to do’. ... sounds like GT was channeling Trump "Coach .. Player .. Ball .. Camera .. TV" ... Nuff said.

Don't know how I missed this ... seems the "clincher" in the Fifita deal all came down to a phone conversation between DF and that tower of intellect, Gordy "Bronco-baiter" Tallis ... and I quote
"There was only one thing I promised him, he said ‘are you on the coaching staff?’ and I said ‘if you want me to be, I will, I’ll go help you through your career with anything you want to do’. ... sounds like GT was channeling Trump "Coach .. Player .. Ball .. Camera .. TV" ... Nuff said.
The problem with that is Gordon was a pure emotional player, did everything high intensity. And I'm afraid you can't teach that , same reason he couldn't get Dave Taylor to the next level at souths.

The problem with that is Gordon was a pure emotional player, did everything high intensity. And I'm afraid you can't teach that , same reason he couldn't get Dave Taylor to the next level at souths.

He's also a halfwit, he couldn't teach someone to hold a pencil.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.