NEWS Pies: me and Fifi are cool

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pies tells Badel the headline his subs put on this earlier piece is bullshit, but, of course, they're still running it:

Screenshot 2020 07 28 Fit Fifita snubbed as Darius returns to No 1

“All I want to say about Dave is that he made the decision that is best for him and his family. I am disappointed to lose Dave because he is someone I feel I have a good relationship with. I never wanted to see him go. I don’t want to go into too much detail about this but I’m very respectful of Dave and his family. We all know a lot of details around Dave’s situation (with the Titans and Broncos tug of war) and the only thing I want Dave to do now is focus on this year and do his job for us. I am looking forward to what Dave can do for us before he leaves.”

“Dave has only done the one session with us (on Monday). He needed to do more sessions considering we are going into a Friday game (against Cronulla), not a Sunday game. Monday was the first field session he had done before round two."

Lockyer says the club busted its guts to keep Fifita, but the Titans were just too good on the day:

“It was a rollercoaster ride and with the dollars on offer, it’s life-changing for him and his family. From his perspective, that sort of money may never be on the table again. We aren’t shocked because we have been in negotiations for nearly a year, so the longer it dragged on, you thought it was more a reality that he was going to go. The Titans have looked at their cap and their roster and feel they need to add someone to bring some impact to their team on and off the field. It’s the Titans’ decision. A lot of people externally may say it’s too much money but until you sit in on the meetings with the guys making decisions, you don’t understand what’s at play.”

McHunt

Look let's be honest. Pies said we had him, we paid for his escape from Bali thinking we had him. We paid for his knee-op and re-hab thinking we had him. The club's overwhelming arrogance and hubris is only matched by the level of incompetence that has been shown in mis-managing the re-signing of a once in a generation player we have nurtured since he was 14 years old (?).

His defection to of all teams - the Titans was just the cherry on top of the monumental shitcake White and Co baked when they signed a guy for five years (with an option in his favour) without even thinking to include some safety net, or getout clauses for the club should it turn out his excel spreadsheets were mere smoke and mirror Pie charts.

We haven't just dropped the ball, it seems we fuckin forgot to bring the ball in the first place.

Sorry, calling bullshit. After all we did for him, if Fifita was "cool" with the coach he would have stayed for less money. So either Fifita is a mercenary through and through and never gave a shit about what the club did for him in the first place, or Pies is full of it (I wouldn't disbelieve it) and Dave got outta dodge as soon as he saw who it was he would be playing under for the next 3 years. Pick one.

Sorry, calling bullshit. After all we did for him, if Fifita was "cool" with the coach he would have stayed for less money. So either Fifita is a mercenary through and through and never gave a shit about what the club did for him in the first place, or Pies is full of it (I wouldn't disbelieve it) and Dave got outta dodge as soon as he saw who it was he would be playing under for the next 3 years. Pick one.

Well he would know that Seibs won’t be here next year so any suggestion it was for that is bullshit.

He is a mercenary dog and I have no respect for him anymore, however I would regain some respect for him if he manned up and just admitted it was the money.

We paid for his knee-op and re-hab thinking we had him.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but we didn't pay for his knee operation and rehab because we were doing him a favour. He is an employee of this club and injured himself in the course of his duties. We have an obligation to take care of him and any NRL club would do the sane, with the possible exception of the Sharts.

where do people keep getting this once in a generation rubbish from. A raw talent he definitely is but he has played what? 30 ish first game games and now we deem him a once in a generation player? i call bs he may get there one day but atm he has achieved sweat F all.

And unless im mistaken he is now the highest paid player in the nrl? That is an extreme amount of pressure for a 20 year old with only 30 odd games of nrl under his belt.
IMO this has more chance of destroying him then make him into a future immortal.

i get the disappointment here i really do but honestly i dont feel like we have lost a future immortal. I personally would be way more upset if we lost dearden over fafita. And he may only end up being average at best.

but that's just me not thinking a "once in a generation" backrower will win you a competition especially with how much of the salary cap you would have to pour into him to get him to play for you.

Last edited:
where to people keep getting this once in a generation rubbish from. A raw talent he definitely is but he has played what? 30 ish first game games and now we deem him a once in a generation player? i call bs he may get there one day but atm he has achieved sweat F all.

And unless im mistaken he is now the highest paid player in the nrl? That is an extreme amount of pressure for a 20 year old with only 30 odd games of nrl under his belt.
IMO this has more chance of destroying him then make him into a future immortal.

i get the disappointment here i really do but honestly i dont feel like we have lost a future immortal. I personally would be way more upset if we lost dearden over fafita. And he may only end up being average at best.

but that's just me not thinking a "once in a generation" backrower will win you a competition especially with how much of the salary cap you would have to pour into him to get him to play for you.

This. There was a post going around Facebook today with a potential Titans' 2021 team and I got to say it didn't look all that impressive. Definitely not guaranteed top 8. Mostly what I saw from it, is that if they don't score a lot of points Fifita will be doing a lot of tackling next year. I guess, for him, he'll be doing a lot of tackling for $400K a year more than he would have here.

where to people keep getting this once in a generation rubbish from. A raw talent he definitely is but he has played what? 30 ish first game games and now we deem him a once in a generation player? i call bs he may get there one day but atm he has achieved sweat F all.

Nah champ, kid is deadset freak of nature in speed size strength. Lightweight mentally when it comes to SEAsia holidays and life experience. But deadset once in a generation physical freak

Nah champ, kid is deadset freak of nature in speed size strength. Lightweight mentally when it comes to SEAsia holidays and life experience. But deadset once in a generation physical freak

Best backrower we’ve had since, dare I say, Tallis.

Last edited:
Idk dave Taylor was pretty good in his time at the Broncos,just goes to show how easy it is for it to go south.

Our roster already reeks of poor value 500k+ contracts. Signing Fifita for 1M+ would just compound that. He's not worth that and hope he laughs all the way to the bank.

Idk dave Taylor was pretty good in his time at the Broncos,just goes to show how easy it is for it to go south.
Again, I have to just wtf? nah champ here again

Taylor had height and size,but that's only if you count baby pud and baby fat and soft as shit as "real size".

Agility speed , nope, not the same. If fifita stays on the rails he's god tier back rower. But that's a big if

Guys like Taylor Webb etc didn't know when to put a kid lock on the refrigerator

where do people keep getting this once in a generation rubbish from. A raw talent he definitely is but he has played what? 30 ish first game games and now we deem him a once in a generation player? i call bs he may get there one day but atm he has achieved sweat F all.

37 games of NRL and a starting Origin spot with 3 games under his belt, now counts as ‘sweet F all’?

Wow, that’s a pretty high standard you set...

Depends whose figures you believe but it seems DCE still is. But Fifita is right up there.

Sonny Bill worth that?

Last edited:
This is just more tripe. If we look back to 1 year ago and really consider everything we're in a better position to see why he didn't sign. He obviously believed he could get some more money. It's not that he hated the coach. He was waiting to see what the Darius Boyd situation was, waiting to see what offers he could leverage and what the Broncos could offer once they had offloaded the players they now have. That's just smart business in terms of contract negotiation. I'm pretty sure that he never believed that the Titans would lose the plot and offer what they did, but the Broncos could not match it and he could not pass it up.

Forget about the Bali incident, the injury rehab and all that. The Broncos did that in their own interests as much as his.

Look let's be honest. Pies said we had him, we paid for his escape from Bali thinking we had him. We paid for his knee-op and re-hab thinking we had him. The club's overwhelming arrogance and hubris is only matched by the level of incompetence that has been shown in mis-managing the re-signing of a once in a generation player we have nurtured since he was 14 years old (?).

His defection to of all teams - the Titans was just the cherry on top of the monumental shitcake White and Co baked when they signed a guy for five years (with an option in his favour) without even thinking to include some safety net, or getout clauses for the club should it turn out his excel spreadsheets were mere smoke and mirror Pie charts.

We haven't just dropped the ball, it seems we fuckin forgot to bring the ball in the first place.
To me it sounds like the exact same dumb shit that happened with Bellamy. Even down to someone leaking inner details to the media.

To me it sounds like the exact same dumb shit that happened with Bellamy. Even down to someone leaking inner details to the media.
No way in progress negotiations should be leaked. They need to find and eliminate anyone passing that kind of info.

No way in progress negotiations should be leaked. They need to find and eliminate anyone passing that kind of info.

Yeah, there’s definitely loose lips at the club. So much info came out during the Bennett and Seibold dramas too. Hopefully whoever it is ***** off along with White.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • kiwi2
  • Lurker
  • Volvo Driver
  • peter09
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.