NEWS Pies threatens to call the cops

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pies is refusing to talk to the media but has hired Brisbane legal firm Howden Saggers, to squash the vicious completely unfounded rumours flooding social media about his alleged rampant cocksmanship:

“This statement is to address the allegations which have been recently made in relation to Brisbane Broncos Coach, Anthony Seibold in the last twenty-four hours. Due to the allegations which have circulated online and in other forums, Mr. Seibold has engaged Dave Garratt of Howden Saggers Lawyers to act on his behalf. At the appropriate time, this matter will be reported to the Queensland Police Service and other appropriate authorities for their consideration. Given the nature of these matters both personal and legal, no further comment will be made until such time as it has been considered by the Queensland Police Service and other appropriate authorities.”

Karl Morris has made this statement:

I’ve been worried about Anthony’s well-being. ’Seibs’ is back in Brisbane with his family. He is a resilient guy, we just want our coach to have a week’s break and we are supporting him the best way we can.”

Joe Ofahengaue said this when bailed up at training:

“We send our love and support to Seibs. Whatever he stepped out of the bubble for, whatever reason, we send our support to him. I’m pretty sure that all the video we watched this morning came from coach (Seibold). I don’t know whether they do Skype calls or whatever but pretty sure (he’s still in daily contact). He’s got good staff around him that we all trust. Pete Gentle is doing an awesome job with us. He’s adding games during our session to lighten up the mood.”

McHunt

Last edited:
giphy.gif

yeh....why not.....everyone else at the club is hiring a lawyer for shit said on social media and the press......why should the coach miss out..

The idea that this can't be completely made up is pretty fucking stupid. Too many dickheads willing to tell lies for a bit of attention and too many other dickheads keen to spread rumours like they're gossipy teenage girls.

If anyone disagrees I'd love to hear their rationale for why there must be some nugget of truth behind the rumours.

It should be noted this is not a denial; it's not a press conference clarifying the reason for his absence from work; it's not an explanation. It's an attempt to shut down discussion with a threat. This is not how you make it go away.

In my opinion, this makes him look more guilty. Whether he is or not.

Why aren't the players calling a press conference and sticking up for him?

Last edited:
It should be noted this is not a denial; it's not a press conference clarifying the reason for his absence from work; it's not an explanation. It's an attempt to shut down discussion with a threat. This is not how you make it go away.

In my opinion, this makes him look more guilty. Whether he is or not.

Why aren't the players calling a press conference and sticking up for him?
You don't give these type of allegations any airtime at all. From le google:
Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail ‘72
By Hunter S. Thompson
San Francisco, CA: Straight Arrow Books
Pg. 247:
This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get away with calling him a pig-fucker,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabitch deny it.”

Maybe someone could contact the Queensland Police about a middle aged man from Rockhampton raping and murdering our entire 30 man roster in the last 12 months?

You don't give these type of allegations any airtime at all. From le google:
Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail ‘72
By Hunter S. Thompson
San Francisco, CA: Straight Arrow Books
Pg. 247:
This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get away with calling him a pig-fucker,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabitch deny it.”
It worked for Ali G.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.