NEWS Pies threatens to call the cops

It should be noted this is not a denial; it's not a press conference clarifying the reason for his absence from work; it's not an explanation. It's an attempt to shut down discussion with a threat. This is not how you make it go away.

In my opinion, this makes him look more guilty. Whether he is or not.

Why aren't the players calling a press conference and sticking up for him?
He has a right to privacy, as does the rest of his family. They don’t owe the public an explanation for anything. And he doesn’t have to prove himself against vile bullshit made up by some pathetic nasty people on social media.

You don't give these type of allegations any airtime at all. From le google:
Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail ‘72
By Hunter S. Thompson
San Francisco, CA: Straight Arrow Books
Pg. 247:
This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get away with calling him a pig-fucker,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabitch deny it.”
A great anecdote, but it's not the same. He doesn't have to address the rumours; he has to provide an alternative narrative. He's not doing that.

He has a right to privacy, as does the rest of his family. They don’t owe the public an explanation for anything. And he doesn’t have to prove himself against vile bullshit made up by some pathetic nasty people on social media.
No he doesn't. But he will burn if he doesn't put out the fire.

Maybe someone could contact the Queensland Police about a middle aged man from Rockhampton raping and murdering our entire 30 man roster in the last 12 months?
This

Hopefully it’s not over all the fat jokes or we’re all fucked
As far as I can tell the worst thing we've done in the eyes of the law is presume he's cisgender.

No he doesn't. But he will burn if he doesn't put out the fire.
Correct. How he handles himself publicly during the next week or two will go a long way to determining if he has a future Coaching anywhere in the NRL ever again in the future.

Last edited:
So what concerns me is that between private messaging / group chats, how much power do the police actually have to prosecute people for gossiping in small groups?

Paul Kent is in a glass house throwing stones. He starts up half the rumours.
Yep, that’s what pissed me off tonight, pushing back on the public for asking them to put their balls on the line, all the while drumming up interest by confirming that rumours do exist, even without having to confirm them themselves.

Grubs like Kent don’t need to confirm or deny, they can just get paid through the hype of the rumour and innuendo itself.

So what concerns me is that between private messaging / group chats, how much power do the police actually have to prosecute people for gossiping in small groups?

probably **** all ... but civil action is another story, there would be a high chance of success in a civil law suit

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Old Mate
  • broncsfan88
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • sooticus
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.