NEWS Pies threatens to call the cops

No, no it didn't.
Needed to be said the members of this site have been doing nothing wrong, and the fat prick's threat to call the police on us has to be seen for what it is.

Last edited:
Needed to be said the members of this site have been doing nothing wrong, and the fat prick's threat to call the police on us has to be seen for what it is.
You mean we were threatened!?

I call bullshit. If you’ve done nothing wrong, threats are empty.
Who on? I'm saying instead of being a man, fronting the media and taking charge of the narrative - or having his players do it - he opted for the weasel route of retaining lawyers to threaten us not to talk about him or he'll call the cops. How not to handle the situation.

He never had to mention the rumours. Just change the topic.

Last edited:
Who on? I'm saying instead of being a man, fronting the media and taking charge of the narrative - or having his players do it - he opted for the weasel route of retaining lawyers to threaten us not to talk about him or he'll call the cops. How not to handle the situation.

He never had to mention the rumours. Just change the topic.

I think the situation he is in, and some of the allegations floating around to compile ontop of that, hes probably not in the best head space to actually front the media mate. Irrelevant of what he has or hasn't done, its pretty horrible and i think its unfair to be expecting him to front the media.

Last edited:
Look, calling in the lawyers can certainly be looked at as being a threat and there are other options available that would make it look better but the coach has got a bit of a history now of going for a hammer when a bit of finesse with a chisel will do.

That said, why he has engaged in lawyers and not outright denied allegations is worth questioning but giving him his privacy on such a sensitive and outlandish series of claims is what people should do right now.

You may not like the guy and we mostly all agree he is a horrible coach / man manager but it does not justify the constant insults and vitriol the guy cops. There are far more classy ways to express dissatisfaction.

I don't like his coaching anymore than the next guy but I also don't agree with following the crowd and calling him names or making up convoluted stories that just because many people think it is ok to drag his name through the mud repeatedly makes this alright.

Criticise his horrible coaching all you want but please leave off the personal attacks that many even on here are doing, we are better than that.

...in your humble opinion, of course ;)

Things have gone quiet as a repercussion of the police investigation and the engaged lawyers, yes? Why is that?
The rumour hit saturation point and has been scrubbed from social media. It hasn't gone away, and no one has a higher opinion of Pies today. He's kidding himself. I doubt he's coming back.

Last edited:
Look, calling in the lawyers can certainly be looked at as being a threat and there are other options available that would make it look better but the coach has got a bit of a history now of going for a hammer when a bit of finesse with a chisel will do.

That said, why he has engaged in lawyers and not outright denied allegations is worth questioning but giving him his privacy on such a sensitive and outlandish series of claims is what people should do right now.

You may not like the guy and we mostly all agree he is a horrible coach / man manager but it does not justify the constant insults and vitriol the guy cops. There are far more classy ways to express dissatisfaction.

I don't like his coaching anymore than the next guy but I also don't agree with following the crowd and calling him names or making up convoluted stories that just because many people think it is ok to drag his name through the mud repeatedly makes this alright.

Criticise his horrible coaching all you want but please leave off the personal attacks that many even on here are doing, we are better than that.
The point of the rumour was that he had fallen out with the playing group. That he had lost their respect. And it provided a backstory why. The correct way to deal with such a rumour is not to deny it, but to render it invalid. He would do this by demonstrating he hasn't lost the playing group, and perhaps a few words about his home situation.

Instead, he chose to attempt to suppress the information in a very public way. He tried to burn the books. It's not going to work.

The rumour hit saturation point and has been scrubbed from social media. It hasn't gone away, and no one has a higher opinion of Pies today. He's kidding himself. I doubt he's coming back.

There is a much bigger picture to be looked at mate. Even if the accusations are partly true 10 steps back from the Chinese whispers on social media, he has stated and its been stated and backed by the club he needs personal leave to be with his family. Simple as that. He and his family deserves privacy on the matter and it should be respected. He has the support of the club and they are aware of all aspects of the situation.

Maybe I posed the question badly. The fact is, nobody is willing to slander him today because it IS a crime, and rightfully so. This stuff and with so much pile-on is what makes people take their lives, or damages families and childhoods. Not okay.
As I pointed out in the thread that was deleted it is a crime to willfully disseminate slanderous information you know to be false, but it is not a crime to repeat the same information and say it's untrue.

Last edited:
There is a much bigger picture to be looked at mate. Even if the accusations are partly true 10 steps back from the Chinese whispers on social media, he has stated and its been stated and backed by the club he needs personal leave to be with his family. Simple as that. He and his family deserves privacy on the matter and it should be respected. He has the support of the club and they are aware of all aspects of the situation.
That's not what Joffa said. And that's what we've had from the club. If the players really were on his side they'd be busting their guts to defend him.

That's not what Joffa said. And that's what we've had from the club. If the players really were on his side they'd be busting their guts to defend him.

So if a club keeps something in house, they are in trouble for not speaking publicly. Yet if a club talks about things happening inside, its anarchy and the place is burning down? Which way do you guys want it. I bet you would want things kept private.

The ONLY thing i would like to see differently is the board managing the press better after the rumors and accusations came out. This is an area they can manage better to take the heat of Seibs.

...in your humble opinion, of course ;)

Things have gone quiet as a repercussion of the police investigation and the engaged lawyers, yes? Why is that?
Stop asking difficult questions which don't follow the narrative...

I was certainly wrong about Seibs' coaching ability, or at least his ability to unite and steel the group, and I get that people are upset about the state of the Broncos, losing Fifita, the abysmal defensive record and our position on the ladder, but the way the narrative has been played, the systematic vitriol poured onto the man's appearance, voice, anything he says or does, and now even the way he is handling this absolutely putrid campaign is reason to attack him. It's disgraceful and a reflection of whomever does this, but I guess that's today's society...

So if a club keeps something in house, they are in trouble for not speaking publicly. Yet if a club talks about things happening inside, its anarchy and the place is burning down? Which way do you guys want it. I bet you would want things kept private.

The ONLY thing i would like to see differently is the board managing the press better after the rumors and accusations came out. This is an area they can manage better to take the heat of Seibs.
It's a media management exercise. Looks to me like the club is doing the bare minimum for their own appearances' sake, and leaving Pies hang out to dry. Or it could be a perfect storm of incompetence. Take your pick. Neither are good for any party.

but the way the narrative has been played, the systematic vitriol poured onto the man's appearance, voice, anything he says or does, and now even the way he is handling this absolutely putrid campaign is reason to attack him. It's disgraceful and a reflection of whomever does this, but I guess that's today's society...
This is how the media operates. You either take control of it, or it takes control of you.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Emanon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • NSW stables
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • scobie
  • BroncoFan94
  • Foordy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.