Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Wright said:
I reckon we already have a 5/8 with Wallace. Get Hunt in at halback, and it's not all that bad for next year.

i believe mr wright is right

I heard we were looking to get another centre for next yr. Junior Sau is on the market, and could prob pick up Esi Tonga or Joseph Tomane from the titans pretty cheap.

I'd rather wait an extra year and take back Izzy when he inevitably wants to return to rugby league.

Nah lets just play back rowers in the centres again because that is truly awesome.

Bucking Beads said:
Nah lets just play back rowers in the centres again because that is truly awesome.

From the look of it the left side attack would be Reed, Gillett/Glenn, Parker and Wallace (who is a wannabe backrower)

Sa'u would be good. He went to Clairvaux so he's got a knowledge of the area and would no doubt have family friends still up here.

joshobro said:
I heard we were looking to get another centre for next yr. Junior Sau is on the market, and could prob pick up Esi Tonga or Joseph Tomane from the titans pretty cheap.

I don't want Tomane at the club...he's literally worse than Michaels was in 09 in defence.

We are mad if we.pay him that.much

Look at this way, Hodges is our only back who is able create something from nothing. Players like Copely, Beale, Reed, etc just don't have that ability. They might develop it as they grow older, but for now none of them are anywhere near as threatening as Hodges.

Besides, the media rarely get contract figures correct.

The Rock said:
$350,000 a year is worth it if he can play like that all the time AND play more than 20 games a year.

Look it is but imo due to his.injury history and age I hope we.dont pay him that.much.

hodges is the man, pay him what he wants.

pennywisealfie said:
hodges is the man, pay him what he wants.
+1 Even after being out for 1.5 years he's still the best back at the club by a country mile and arguably the best player we have atm. We need Hodges here post-locky, he's one of those players that can lift and inspire the team.

If he stays injury free he's the best centre in the game and considering what other centres get paid he's well worth it.

I'm happy with Hodges being paid that much. If he can play more than 5 games a year anyhow.

Once Lockyer is gone he will be our only remaining rep quality back.

He'd be pretty good as a centre as well though, and if Bennett thinks he has the ability to make it as a 5/8th he can even play there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Socnorb
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.