Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Doust has said the Dragons are scouting for another half since Stanley's injury, I was just thinking to myself it would be a great opportunity for Ben Hunt to get a potential starting spot just like Beale.

Doust has said the Dragons are scouting for another half since Stanley's injury, I was just thinking to myself it would be a great opportunity for Ben Hunt to get a potential starting spot just like Beale.

Was thinking the same thing. In fact in half expecting an announcement that he will be headed there by the end of the week

It's pretty clear the club doesn't see his as a future half here, it might be for the best if he left. I'd like to see Baptiste get a shot off the bench too, though it would likely just be Norman.

Yep, Ben Hunt doesn't even get mentioned in articles discussing the Broncos' halves situation anymore. He has ambitions to be a starting NRL half or five-eighth so he's going to have to look elsewhere. The Broncos simply don't see him that way.

I bloody well hope we have put feelers out for him.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...els-now-in-doubt/story-e6frexnr-1226537602180

PARRAMATTA could be in danger of losing NSW State of Origin winger Will Hopoate following the sacking of his brother, Jamil, for disciplinary reasons

A number of clubs, including Will's former team Manly, are preparing to pounce on the utility star who is halfway through a two-year Mormon mission. Will's father John Hopoate will break the news of Jamil's sacking to his son via email today.

He has no television, week-day internet or regular family contact during his religious studies in Queensland and is probably still unaware of Jamil's drama.

"We're not dirty on Parra, it's Jamil's fault. He's the one who went out when he shouldn't have," John said.

"It's not Will's problem, it's Jamil's.

"But blood's thicker than water. I'll tell him what happened and see what he thinks."

Hopoate confirmed other clubs had shown interest in a package deal with Will since Jamil's sacking.

"Yes, they have," he said. "We always wanted them to play together as brothers.

"That's the reason why they both signed at Parramatta.

"Knowing Will, he'll be upset. Not necessarily on Parramatta but with Jamil for messing up. But it won't change the fact he wants to play at the same club as his brother. That's a fact."

Parramatta chief executive Ken Edwards remains hopeful that Hopoate will honour his contract.

"They had two separate agreements," Edwards said. "We've been in regular contact with Will and there's nothing to suggest he won't be here."

Just two weeks after missing Israel Folau, it would be an absolute disaster if Hopoate pulled the pin as well.

Last edited:
If I were the broncs I would already have this jamil kid signed up, as William will follow

Didn't the Broncos fire Gagai for pretty much the exact same reasons as the Eels with Hoppa Jnr Jnr? It would be like them saying that firing Gagai was a mistake if we went for this guy.

Will Hopoate is basically a one season wonder who will be returning to the game after a 2 year absence where he'll have done **** all competitive sports. I don't even think he's guaranteed to come back and have the career he was projected to have.

And assuming what was said of Gagai was true, I think Jamil's infractions are worse than Gagai's. That said, if Gagai really was fired for the reasons stated, it was a mistake by the club and I'd be happy for them to say so.

Regardless, I don't really think Hopoate is a smart decision, and still believe that Thurston remains the true target.

As much as I'd love to see Thurston in Bronco colours I also don't want us to fund his retirement plan. Hodges won't be around for ever either, and in 2-3 years time we'll still have a halves issue. A young Hopoate being mentored by Hodges/YowYeh (I guess by some respects Hannant) groomed into futures centres/winger, I think is a good thing. The team has to be bigger than one player post lockyer now.

I think we'll be more than capaple in the back 5 options with our juniors coming thru. And having sewn up Ipswich we will be more than well served.

Jake Marketo has been linked to the Dolphins.

Might find his way over to the Broncos, thought he had his moments at the Dragons and could be a handy option around Origin.

Jake Marketo has been linked to the Dolphins.

Might find his way over to the Broncos, thought he had his moments at the Dragons and could be a handy option around Origin.

I might be wrong but i thought there were a fair few people who had big wraps on him, was he just let go?

Unsure, for whatever reason I have the impression he was disgruntled and just wanted to return home to Queensland.

He's a handy player, Brisbane don't have a shortage of backrows but you never know what part injuries and rep. duty will play during the season.

Similar to Stagg - I battle to see them in the same 17. Small backrowers with subtle ball playing skills in the mould of Johnson, Stagg and Fensom are a trend to watch IMO

I read somewhere Aaron Whitchurch has or is going to sign with the Knights, anyone can confirm this?

Active Now

• Allo
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.