Player Movements and Rumours 2012

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Look forward to another three million page thread. :rockon:

Gains for 2012: Luke Capewell (Titans), Petero Civoniceva (Panthers), Nick Slyney (Redcliffe)

Losses for 2012: Darren Lockyer (Retirement), Shane Tronc (Retirement), Shea Moylan (Storm), Rohan Ahern (Mackay), Nick Kenny (Retirement)

Re-Signed: Alex Glenn (2015), David Hala (2014), Ben Hunt (2013), Andrew McCullough (2015), Jharal Yow Yeh (2015)

Off Contract:
Luke Capewell, Petero Civoniceva, Corey Norman, Gerard Beale, Mitchell Dodds, Ben Te'o, Peter Wallace

Last edited:
Brisbane Broncos are at risk of being gazumped for the signature of star halfback Peter Wallace, who is on the radar of several NRL rivals for 2013.

Negotiations between Wallace and the Broncos have dragged on since the end of last season, with no offer yet on the table despite plans to have a deal sorted by Christmas.

The former New South Wales Origin halfback is seeking a three-year contract and his manager Allan Gainey has no doubt the Broncos are keen to re-sign the 26-year-old.

But the club has to juggle their salary cap, which may mean waiting until the TV rights deal is sorted.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...off-contract-no7/story-fn2mcuj6-1226261470705

That article kinda makes me feel like we are having a red hot crack at Cronk. We better be careful because if we can't get Cronk and we lose Wallace it won't be a good look.

IMO Wallace is very expendable. Won't lose any sleep if he's poached.

IMO Wallace is very expendable. Won't lose any sleep if he's poached.

Judging by how his manager is having a whinge in the article, I think he realises that his client is expendable too.

He's not expendable if we don't buy a replacement though. There is no cover for him in house.

It'd be awesome if we got Cronk. But I wouldn't mind keeping Wallace either. There's just something about him that I like.

wow if we got cronk you could pretty much lock us in for the premiership

The Brisbane Broncos face a battle to retain Ben Te'o with the club's wealth of backrow talent leaving the hard-hitting utility open to big-money offers from rival NRL clubs.

Mindful of a poaching threat, the Broncos are eager to secure Te'o, who is a free agent for 2013, and operations chief Andrew Gee will begin preliminary contract talks with the Queensland Origin hopeful in the coming weeks.​

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-in-his-position/story-fn2mcuj6-1226268804292

Were going to lose someone sooner or later, as long as we pick up Cronk or something I wouldn't be too beat up.

I've never really warmed to Te'o, always seem to see too many lazy plays from him on the field. Wouldn't lose any sleep at all, especially considering we have a great batch of backrowers.

It would be a loss if we lose Mitchell Dodds. In 2010 he played every match and was the 1st Broncos rookie to do that since Shane Webcke.

It would be a loss if we lose Mitchell Dodds. In 2010 he played every match and was the 1st Broncos rookie to do that since Shane Webcke.
All that means is he didn't get injured.

I'd be upset if Te'o left but not surprised. We will inevitably lose at least one of our back rowers but that's the way it goes.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • The True King
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.