NEWS Plod Haas

Injury to Milfs hand, 3 game suspension to Haas

Nothing else will go wrong this pre-season. All bad luck is done. Not even God himself could make something worse happen.

Nothing else will go wrong this pre-season. All bad luck is done. Not even God himself could make something worse happen.
Everyone remember this post so we can look back at it on a few weeks and smile because of how right Broncapz was. And that’s the end of that.

13BF7E59 B8BC 472E 9ED2 507DF83E77F8

I have reservations around previous penalties but from a non Bronco POV its about time the big stick is used as long as its the same for everyone.
He may have dodged a bullet if the scuttle around is accurate. Why were the cops there in the first place??? investigating a complaint at a nearby establishment perhaps. Damage to a glass door ?? All unfounded at this stage I might add.

My problem with that sort of nonsense (no offence personally - I‘m referring to the allegations) is what I was referring to earlier. Certain people love to come on here and elsewhere and tell me all about their rights and ho hum, as if I’m not far better acquainted with what those rights are than most, given I’m the one that has say those lines every time I want to question someone...

You seem to forget that police who get charged are in the exact same boat. Defendants don’t get convicted based on a 5 second video snippet shown on the news and if someone doesn’t, there must therefore be a ‘cover up’ in place? This line of thinking is so ridiculously ignorant it’s laughable. Is this the same news that are constantly bagged for their inaccuracy on NRL reporting?

If anyone here besides myself, has been investigated by the Crime and Corruption Commission, I’m sure you’ll agree...

Allegations made against us are investigated far more thoroughly than most could possibly imagine. Even non-criminal investigations, usually drag on for years and unlike normal members of society, when being investigated we do NOT have the right to silence. In fact we get charged if we DON’T answer questions...

and even when the allegations against us are provably false, or even maliciously made, which happens regularly, our records of these are not expunged, we are never “cleared” of these allegations, ’non-substantiated’ is the best we ever get...

So when I said earlier you might be amazed at how little I care about the opinion of people I arrest? Above is partly the reason why. They ‘don’t even know’ what they ’don’t know’ when it comes to this stuff, yet they “know” the police are at fault...

As for the ideas of Haas, I call him a moron because if he truly believes it is the police’s fault his father or his mother or whoever is in jail, then that is the only word to describe him. They are in jail, because they have committed and been convicted of serious, violent or lengthy (over many years) list of offending AND all other options including parole or probation, fines, community service, suspended sentences, fine option orders, no convictions and so on, haven’t been enough to get the message through. You simply don‘t go to prison for any other reason in Qld.

With criminal history’s pages long, people still try and say they are hard done by... Lol. Usually they have been given more chances than any reasonable person would even consider appropriate...
Good on you Jason, don't cop any shit about it, most of what get said on here about police is dogshit, some people think they can do what they fucking like without taking any responsibility for their actions, heaps of scumbags in society think there owed, even more so then some of the entitled pricks playing for the broncos

I don't know about that, I'm generally law-abiding but every non-trivial encounter I've had with the cops has been negative. I feel for you and your family with what happened to your brother but there are reasons why some of us don't have a shining view of the force. When I needed the police they've done **** all to help or been actively unhelpful. Me and a mate got flogged by a few racists, when the coppers turned up after the guys who assaulted us had legged it they refused to take a formal statement and told us they knew who these blokes were and if they got bashed later on that night we'd be on the hook for it.

When a NSW copper got caught on camera throwing a teenage aboriginal fella to the ground, or they get caught bashing the shit out of a handcuffed bloke in the station carpark and fire and charge the whistle-blower but none of the coppers involved in the assault, or any of the other times cops break the rules and get away with it, that doesn't help anyone. When the "good" cops turn a blind eye, when management look after the cops at the expense of the public they allegedly protect, that demeans and drags down the entire institution. When the institution closes ranks to protect criminals if they've got a badge, it's not a surprise that guys like Haas can be raised to believe cops are the enemy.
I normally like your posts but, nah, not sure about your response here, so you hate coppers period, who you putting in charge of managing the areseholes in society, like Payne Haas dodgy parents for example, ok to bag the **** out of an institution but you need to come up with a better solution, just focus on that with your answer please nothing more, just a better situation than we currently have

Even to you? Don't you make a HUGE amount of money?
Yes, it's a lot of money to me too. 50k is a lot to 99% of us. I drive a 2007 Commodore. I never bothered with too many expensive toys. Any money I have left over after expenses just pays down good debt.

I'd have made the fine maybe more like $80K and suspended half of it. Even $100k and suspended 2/3rds of it. I'm a fan of doing this generally not just for Haas.

I reckon it's a pretty fair incentive to the player to say what you did was wrong and you're being punished for it, but we're going to give you a chance to do better and prove it was just an isolated incident. If you stuff up badly again though, not only will you be getting a brand new fine, you'll also be required to pay the balance of this fine too.

Last edited:
I normally like your posts but, nah, not sure about your response here, so you hate coppers period, who you putting in charge of managing the areseholes in society, like Payne Haas dodgy parents for example, ok to bag the **** out of an institution but you need to come up with a better solution, just focus on that with your answer please nothing more, just a better situation than we currently have
That's not the core message I was trying to convey, no. Sometimes text is somewhat limiting especially without writing a lengthy essay and even though this turned out a bit of a mess I've rewritten bits multiple times to try and provide the respectful response you deserve without typing out war & peace. To be honest I'm not entirely happy with the wording but after a few redrafts it's not getting better so to ensure a timely response I shall have to publish and be damned.

I don't hate all coppers, or the institution of the police. Having a police force of some nature is pretty much essential for a community of any reasonable size. What I was trying to say, poorly put perhaps, was there can be genuine reasons why some people have mistrust for or dislike of the police without being criminals. I'm aware police are people just like the rest of us, I have multiple family members in the QPS, but my experiences with the institution have been overwhelmingly negative and I'm not a criminal or the type to have been pursued by them in any matter.

For a better solution I think far higher standards of accountability for police would be a way to go. Given the unique nature of their work and single-sided ability to use force on the general public I think we should hold our police to a very high standard, any police officer who assaults a member of the public should be prosecuted harshly as they did so while acting as an instrument of the law. Coverups and police looking after police are at best a widely perceived problem and at worst a fundamental erosion of the justice system. Whether this is best handled via an overhaul of the internal mechanisms within the force, or giving oversight to a different area entirely, or better reporting, and/or something else is a difficult question. People more qualified, intelligent and loquacious than your humble interlocutor have discussed this for a few thousand years at least and yet quis custodiet ipsos custodes is still a burning issue to this day.

But I would say in the end that not knowing the solutions shouldn't preclude a person from recognising problems, and it's not really accurate to categorise any and all criticism as "hating coppers period" when it would be more appropriately, wordily, and above all uglily described as "has opinions about the negative effect of perceived and real ingroup/outgroup biases within those institutions tasked with maintaining law and order on social cohesion and buy-in with regards to their moral authority and its ultimate effect on public compliance."

To circle this back around to why we were all even discussing this topic in the first place, I'd say while I don't agree with the manner in which Payne expressed his disdain for the police I can in part understand how he came to hold those views. And while part of it is likely to be his upbringing there are certain aspects within the institution's control which could be better managed to give (some of?) the public a more positive view of the police and reduce the likelihood of Haas-style incidents in the future.

That's not the core message I was trying to convey, no. Sometimes text is somewhat limiting especially without writing a lengthy essay and even though this turned out a bit of a mess I've rewritten bits multiple times to try and provide the respectful response you deserve without typing out war & peace. To be honest I'm not entirely happy with the wording but after a few redrafts it's not getting better so to ensure a timely response I shall have to publish and be damned.

I don't hate all coppers, or the institution of the police. Having a police force of some nature is pretty much essential for a community of any reasonable size. What I was trying to say, poorly put perhaps, was there can be genuine reasons why some people have mistrust for or dislike of the police without being criminals. I'm aware police are people just like the rest of us, I have multiple family members in the QPS, but my experiences with the institution have been overwhelmingly negative and I'm not a criminal or the type to have been pursued by them in any matter.

For a better solution I think far higher standards of accountability for police would be a way to go. Given the unique nature of their work and single-sided ability to use force on the general public I think we should hold our police to a very high standard, any police officer who assaults a member of the public should be prosecuted harshly as they did so while acting as an instrument of the law. Coverups and police looking after police are at best a widely perceived problem and at worst a fundamental erosion of the justice system. Whether this is best handled via an overhaul of the internal mechanisms within the force, or giving oversight to a different area entirely, or better reporting, and/or something else is a difficult question. People more qualified, intelligent and loquacious than your humble interlocutor have discussed this for a few thousand years at least and yet quis custodiet ipsos custodes is still a burning issue to this day.

But I would say in the end that not knowing the solutions shouldn't preclude a person from recognising problems, and it's not really accurate to categorise any and all criticism as "hating coppers period" when it would be more appropriately, wordily, and above all uglily described as "has opinions about the negative effect of perceived and real ingroup/outgroup biases within those institutions tasked with maintaining law and order on social cohesion and buy-in with regards to their moral authority and its ultimate effect on public compliance."

To circle this back around to why we were all even discussing this topic in the first place, I'd say while I don't agree with the manner in which Payne expressed his disdain for the police I can in part understand how he came to hold those views. And while part of it is likely to be his upbringing there are certain aspects within the institution's control which could be better managed to give (some of?) the public a more positive view of the police and reduce the likelihood of Haas-style incidents in the future.
FTP*

fyp

Last edited:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Professor47
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.