NEWS Plod Haas

There are 11,000 police in Qld currently and off the top of my head, in my 22 years I don’t think even one of them, has been convicted or found guilty of official corruption... FYI.

Not one.

Police aren’t perfect, but we are recruited from society at large and there are elements that reflect the society from which we are drawn, yes. Can you honestly expect anything different?

Can you name a profession that meets this “perfect” standard?
No , that's my point. It's not a perfect world and nobody is perfect.
I'm just saying my experiences with cops isn't all perfect like some people may think, I'm not trying to offend you. And just because there hasn't been any convictions dosen't mean things haven't happened, and that's the corrupt part.

There are 11,000 police in Qld currently and off the top of my head, in my 22 years I don’t think even one of them, has been convicted or found guilty of official corruption... FYI.

Not one.

Police aren’t perfect, but we are recruited from society at large and there are elements that reflect the society from which we are drawn, yes. Can you honestly expect anything different?

The priesthood is pretty cool. You mightn't get to bash whomever you want, whenever you want, but you get to hang out with all the boys.

Not one.

Mmmm, I don't think your statistic offers any solid evidence of high standards! Couldn't it be said that there's been plenty of cases of corruption but we(the police) have swept them under the carpet? The Catholic Church could proudly say ' we never defrocked a priest for paedophilia in 400 years ' but we the public know there was thousands of cases.

Were the officers arresting Curtis Scott arrested for assault? They literally pepper sprayed and tasered a man who was half asleep and handcuffed. Or is that completely legal to do as a police officer?

Because all I remember from that is the police chief saying he fully supports his officer's actions.

Last edited:
Were the officers arresting Curtis Scott arrested for assault? They literally pepper sprayed and tasered a man who was half asleep and handcuffed. Or is that completely legal to do as a police officer?

Because all I remember from that is the police chief saying he fully supports his officer's actions.
They're not issued with pepper spray, taser, side arm and truncheon just to use in the bedroom.

Is there a pepper spray quota akin to the ticketing quota that isn't real but is?

You lot need to pull your head in.
The cops operate under incredible stress, day in day out and have to deal with the absolute worst our society has to offer.
They do this, to keep us and our families safe from criminal elements that would otherwise take you for everything you have, were it not for the front-line stopping them from doing so.
I assure you, you would want them back pretty quick if they decided to up and quit and leave us to fend for ourselves.
They are human, and make mistakes, just like any other profession with the difference being they are under far higher scrutiny.

Of course there are bad cops out there, and they should be locked up and charged just like anyone else that breaks the law, and even more so considering they are in a position of power and influence.
However, the majority are here for our benefit, to better society, to keep the bad guys on the back foot and to ensure we live in a safe community.

Show some appreciation ffs, it has to be one the hardest jobs in Australia, and its easy to shit on them from a position of comfort, where you don't have to face violence, drugs, booze and criminal elements on a day to day basis.

I am not condoning what bad cops do, just saying that most cops are not bad, and its bloody unfair to lump them all in the same basket, considering the good ones do a great job and are rarely shown any appreciation or thanks.

And this incident was given exposure due to who the victim was, I'm certain the ***** get up to that shit all the time.

You lot need to pull your head in.
The cops operate under incredible stress, day in day out and have to deal with the absolute worst our society has to offer.
They do this, to keep us and our families safe from criminal elements that would otherwise take you for everything you have, were it not for the front-line stopping them from doing so.
I assure you, you would want them back pretty quick if they decided to up and quit and leave us to fend for ourselves.
They are human, and make mistakes, just like any other profession with the difference being they are under far higher scrutiny.

Of course there are bad cops out there, and they should be locked up and charged just like anyone else that breaks the law, and even more so considering they are in a position of power and influence.
However, the majority are here for our benefit, to better society, to keep the bad guys on the back foot and to ensure we live in a safe community.

Show some appreciation ffs, it has to be one the hardest jobs in Australia, and its easy to shit on them from a position of comfort, where you don't have to face violence, drugs, booze and criminal elements on a day to day basis.

I am not condoning what bad cops do, just saying that most cops are not bad, and its bloody unfair to lump them all in the same basket, considering the good ones do a great job and are rarely shown any appreciation or thanks.
Never did put them into one category, maybe you should read my posts again.
In the end it's a choice to do a certain job, some do it for the greater good and some ..well . There's always going to be positive and negative situations , and just because most of mine have been negative dosen't make me a bad person for feeling the way I do towards them.

Never did put them into one category, maybe you should read my posts again.
In the end it's a choice to do a certain job, some do it for the greater good and some ..well . There's always going to be positive and negative situations , and just because most of mine have been negative dosen't make me a bad person for feeling the way I do towards them.
Not at all mate, i wasn't insinuating you are a bad person in the least, and i wasn't referring to you alone. Apologies if it came across that way.
The cops catch a lot of bullshit for a rough job, and while im sorry your experiences have been bad with them, life would be a lot worse without them.

Last edited:
Not at all mate, i wasn't insinuating you are a bad person in the least, and i wasn't referring to you alone. Apologies if it came across that way.
The cops catch a lot of bullshit for a rough job, and while im sorry your experiences have been bad with them, life would be a lot worse without them.
Completely agree, as i stated in another post. Society needs policing no ifs or buts and police in general do a good job.
I think we can all agree there will always be shit ***** fucking things up for the majority.
Anyway I think this topic has been exhausted so let's move on to something more important, FOOTY!

No , that's my point. It's not a perfect world and nobody is perfect.

Remote

Probably should have been longer. It’s not lost on me that if he took coke on grand final day he would have got less though. Also, weren’t the Broncos already putting him through education, why are the NRL making it seem like they’re the ones doing it?

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Professor47
  • bb_gun
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.