Plz view 'petero flags broncos return' topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craig88

U18 Player
Jun 25, 2008
Hey,

Bit of a late night. Just posted a pretty long post in the 'Petero flags broncos return' forum topic.

Pretty emotional and probly a bit of crap here and there, but would like to see what you all think.

It began about petero but turned into the culture of the brisbane broncos and some other issues.
Here is what i posted in that topic:

"I have been trying to write a post here about Petero for about an hour - it has somewhat turned into a long emotional post.
The player and person he is, is something very very special.
I cannot put words to the way I feel about him and players of his calibre.
The compassion, leadership, gentleman behaviour & simple greatness of him is what I support.
I support the Brisbane Broncos yes, but what im getting at is, to me, its more than just how my footy team is performing.
I don't just want any player pulling a Brisbane jersey on, because to me, its more than that.
I'm afraid younger players take it all for granted & their are other things more important to them; like money, girls, good publicity. etc.

An example of this is Ben Teo, I don't know him personally so im not meaning to offend anybody.
But, IMO I don't want Ben Teo at my club. The simple fact he negociated with all the clubs he did just to get the best contract for himself infuriates me. I don't want players like that. I want players who want to play for the culture and passion of who the 'BRISBANE BRONCOS' are.
I can't see myself screaming 'GO TEO', because i certainly can't see him having the loyalty a Shane Webcke has, I can't see him giving it his all simply for the club and who they are and what they stand for. He may have a great year and be a top notch player, but then in the back of your mind, you then worry - 'oh so who is going to be the highest bidder when teo's contract is up for negociation again?'

Why do people/players always need more & more?
I would work a full-time job plus train and do all the broncos requirements to play for them and their culture I believe in so highly. And if i was given my shot as a brisbane player I would play for an average mans wage. I believe that is fair. I would do it for the love - plus all of the benefits of being a professional player are just great bonuses. And that is something every club is losing - simply because of money and all the jargon that goes on with the media & owners.

Im struggling..im going to just leave it at that.
I havnt meant to offend anyone so sorry if i did. Just my opinion.

End with, Ashton Sims or Joel Clinton will NEVER be a 'person' of Peteros calibre.
Bennett believed in them, gave them endless chances & through the people they are could not find it in themselves to put those extra hardyards in.
Anyone that shares that special passion for who the brisbane broncos are would NEVER have dropped the ball 20 metres out from the line with 80 seconds to go. May have been dragged back 20 metres, but there is no way in hell the ball would ever have come out.

To Sims, Clinton & all the new boys next year - We are the Brisbane Broncos, Continue the culture or F**K OFF!"

did you really need to post a new topic for a post you've already posted somewhere else? :S

Well you bumped the thread up, by posting in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • eggstar10
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.