THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bit sloppy...it's all about the execution mate.
, an outcome focus before or during a performance, (i.e. winning, losing, worrying about an opponent, what’s at stake or making a mistake) will put your concentration in the wrong place,

Just giving an example is all . LOL .

im sure 1910 has mentioned that it doesn't run this way , the Qcup isn't about benefiting us .
And to think we could have anyone we wanted to assist Kevvie is just ignorant.
Oh it definitely doesn’t. It’s an archaic, out of touch, unnecessary competition that doesn’t need to exist in 2022. But we should at least try to be working hand in hand with rainbows and butterflies to make Queensland Rugby League prosper now and in the future.

Why is it ignorant?

We were laying the boot into Seibold before the media caught on. I'd like to take credit for starting that.

Fast forward two years and we (@theshed ) started laying the boot into Kevvie months ago.

The media takes its lead from us.
The late @broncsgoat was one of the OG's on the Pies out bandwagon from memory.

Bg was upset Bennett got chopped. He wasn’t basing his opinion on seibold with any proof whatsoever when he started his hatetrain. He got lucky and boy did everyone have to hear about it.
I was one that was happy Wayne got the chop and happy with the arrival of Anthony. I also posted to give Anthony all the time he needed to make a go of it. I was wrong on all counts it seems.
I also was reluctant to endorse Kevin when they announced his arrival. Have been critical of his coaching and would like to see him replaced asap (accepting there is no one suitable or available). So perhaps I am wrong in this instance as well.
Time will tell.

I was one that was happy Wayne got the chop and happy with the arrival of Anthony. I also posted to give Anthony all the time he needed to make a go of it. I was wrong on all counts it seems.
I also was reluctant to endorse Kevin when they announced his arrival. Have been critical of his coaching and would like to see him replaced asap (accepting there is no one suitable or available). So perhaps I am wrong in this instance as well.
Time will tell.
Anthony Seibold has the potential to be a very good NRL coach, is a hill I'm willing to die on.

I honestly don't think anyone was going to succeed in the post-Bennett era. Either of them, really. I'm not saying Bennett was responsible for salting the earth as he left or anything, just that he was a massive presence and both times the changeover went down less than professionally.

Kev has had a better go of it for being distanced from the immediate aftermath (as Hook did), but you can still feel that shadow looming. I still have faith that Kev can be successful here, though the last couple of months do have me concerned. I'm happy for him to have all of next year (barring utter catastrophe early) to prove if he is the man for the job long term.

This week's game is going to be an interesting measure of where he is at and what he is capable of.

I honestly don't think anyone was going to succeed in the post-Bennett era. Either of them, really. I'm not saying Bennett was responsible for salting the earth as he left or anything, just that he was a massive presence and both times the changeover went down less than professionally.

Kev has had a better go of it for being distanced from the immediate aftermath (as Hook did), but you can still feel that shadow looming. I still have faith that Kev can be successful here, though the last couple of months do have me concerned. I'm happy for him to have all of next year (barring utter catastrophe early) to prove if he is the man for the job long term.

This week's game is going to be an interesting measure of where he is at and what he is capable of.

I don't think it's so much that he salts the earth when he leaves a club, it's more just the way he operates...as in he has almost complete control of everything. Unless the next guy that comes in is the same, they're going to struggle.

That said, it doesn't apply to the last time he was here. Not to start the whole conversation again but the way he left absolutely damaged the club in a massive way. Then the guy that came in after made things far worse by ripping the absolute guts out of the place. Rightly or wrongly, the next coach had to have Broncos DNA, which meant Kev. I desperately hope he succeeds but if nothing else, he's helped turn the ship and get it pointing in the right direction for which I'm thankful. Whether he's the guy to get us to the destination remains to be seen. I'm of the opinion that there's still a number of negative influences within the playing group that need to be flushed out.

It’s a pretty strong indicator of how a season is going when the “Wayne/Seibold” discussions come out
No it's just an indication of where you're going to end up ala Broncsgoat. Soon you will turn into a conspiracy theorist and shit up every thread with your nonsense (moreso than usual - not that I can judge you on shitposting, i'd be out of a job if it got outlawed).

No it's just an indication of where you're going to end up ala Broncsgoat. Soon you will turn into a conspiracy theorist and shit up every thread with your nonsense (moreso than usual - not that I can judge you on shitposting, i'd be out of a job if it got outlawed).
Someone has to carry the torch

The late @broncsgoat was one of the OG's on the Pies out bandwagon from memory.
I remember looking into this and being disappointed.

tommy is right that bgoat was actually fine with Seibs right up until Bennett was sacked a year out from serving his contract, at which point he started his campaign.

The actual OGs were Accept and Cult, they just didn't tie their entire existence into death riding the coach. Even I expressed my concerns with Seibold well before bgoat and I was coming off a sabbatical.

Can someone with a sub provide the general gist of this?

Why would we be in talks to extend his deal so soon after the last extension?

Can someone with a sub provide the general gist of this?

Why would we be in talks to extend his deal so soon after the last extension?

His contract is just for next year so maybe negotiations started early this time?

Active Now

• Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mrtij
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.