THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wayne has even struggled with this, a spray isn't abuse.

Its harder and harder to manage players these days with how society has changed. Bellamy, Robinson and to some extent Bennett use the expectations required for NRL as the gauge, if they arent meeting it - learn it or you wont be playing. Team and success comes first.

Understanding personality types is part of a coaches skills .
Knowing that some people react negatively to abuse is fundamental .

Any people leader or manager needs to adapt. Tar all with the same brush and style, you'll lose more than you gain.

I agree with what Kent said. We were redlining for so long and playing so well in the middle of the season. The loss of energy coupled with premiership heavyweights hitting their stride has caused a big downturn in performance.

I actually agreed with Kent for once as well.

this is where Kevvies inexperience showed. Guys like Bellamy/Robinson know when to ease off the throttle, so the team can recharge and be ready for the sprint home

this is where Kevvies inexperience showed. Guys like Bellamy/Robinson know when to ease off the throttle, so the team can recharge and be ready for the sprint home

The Nth NSW Coast camp before the Parra game ?
Players were talking refreshed and bonded . Obviously not .

We had the best depth in the comp this year and he still couldn't get it right. Ezra should have been in first grade, back to Q Cup and ready to charge into the finals well rested. I'll say it again, he's fucked himself by not having someone smarter in his ear all year in regards to his assistants who haven't led a team to the finals in forever, if at all.

He gets the easiest part of coaching wrong way too often. If we don't bring in better assistants then he has no chance of bringing any success to the club.

We had the best depth in the comp this year and he still couldn't get it right. Ezra should have been in first grade, back to Q Cup and ready to charge into the finals well rested. I'll say it again, he's fucked himself by not having someone smarter in his ear all year in regards to his assistants who haven't led a team to the finals in forever, if at all.

He gets the easiest part of coaching wrong way too often. If we don't bring in better assistants then he has no chance of bringing any success to the club.

I believe he was given the option of getting in more / different assistants right? The way the season has unravelled is super concerning for Kevvie.

Trying to be as objective as possible here is really, really hard. Kevvie has done an amazing job with the team for most of the year. If we had just sort of run out of puff, so be it but the way we have not only hit a wall but absolutely smashed into it and debris been spread everywhere, I just don't know where it goes from here. Does the situation right itself over the offseason with some changes here and there or is the damage so bad after this last month that it has swung too far to save it now?

There are going to have to be some really, really tough decisions made after this season.

I believe he was given the option of getting in more / different assistants right? The way the season has unravelled is super concerning for Kevvie.

Trying to be as objective as possible here is really, really hard. Kevvie has done an amazing job with the team for most of the year. If we had just sort of run out of puff, so be it but the way we have not only hit a wall but absolutely smashed into it and debris been spread everywhere, I just don't know where it goes from here. Does the situation right itself over the offseason with some changes here and there or is the damage so bad after this last month that it has swung too far to save it now?

There are going to have to be some really, really tough decisions made after this season.
I'm sure he had the pick of the bunch if he wanted to. It's the Broncos, we could have almost anyone we want. '

Any time we have actually had the best team possible out there, it's because Kevvie has fallen into it with injuries. We win those games and then as soon as the other players have recovered they get selected again and we lose. Best case scenario is we lose this week and he gets a kick in the ass, told he needs to bring in better people around him, the club go all out on Josh Hannay, Michael Hagan and Marc Brentnall and we actually listen to them. We get rid of the players causing drama and sign hardworking people who want to play footy and not whinge that they got yelled at.

It's salvageable, but a few people are going to take a hit to their ego before we improve. Walters can't do it all himself and needs his hand held with team lists, training, video, interchanges etc. So get him all of the help he needs.

Not only that, we should be working with the Q Cup, you know our feeder competition that is supposed to be benefiting us, to have up and coming coaches get prepared for future Broncos positions. There's never going to be another Wayne Bennett who sticks around for a hundred years so we need to develop coaches too.

IF YOU CAN MEET WITH TRIUMPH AND DISASTER AND TREAT THOSE TWO IMPOSTORS JUST THE SAME…​

Most athletes get far too hung up on winning and/or a fear of losing. However, when you go into any performance with this kind of “outcome focus” you will inadvertently set yourself up to fail over and over again.

As I’ve said many times, an outcome focus before or during a performance, (i.e. winning, losing, worrying about an opponent, what’s at stake or making a mistake) will put your concentration in the wrong place, send your nervousness into the red zone, tighten your muscles and insure that your performance will be a mere shadow of your potential.

Execution 1st !

IF YOU CAN MEET WITH TRIUMPH AND DISASTER AND TREAT THOSE TWO IMPOSTORS JUST THE SAME…​

Most athletes get far too hung up on winning and/or a fear of losing. However, when you go into any performance with this kind of “outcome focus” you will inadvertently set yourself up to fail over and over again.

As I’ve said many times, an outcome focus before or during a performance, (i.e. winning, losing, worrying about an opponent, what’s at stake or making a mistake) will put your concentration in the wrong place, send your nervousness into the red zone, tighten your muscles and insure that your performance will be a mere shadow of your potential.

Execution 1st !
Why are you yelling?

Not only that, we should be working with the Q Cup, you know our feeder competition that is supposed to be benefiting us, to have up and coming coaches get prepared for future Broncos positions. There's never going to be another Wayne Bennett who sticks around for a hundred years so we need to develop coaches too.
im sure 1910 has mentioned that it doesn't run this way , the Qcup isn't about benefiting us .
And to think we could have anyone we wanted to assist Kevvie is just ignorant.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • BooKhaki
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • heartly87
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.