THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd say it's more like fatigue at the end of the year... they've hit a wall... hard.

The fitness that was there earlier on is gone and they've got no line speed as a result.

We weren't conceding 70m sets for the bulk of the year... I doubt Kev decided to completely rewrite the script on tactics from what was working.... "boys I know it was working all year, but from now on we're going to be ultra passive in defence"
True however Kev also decided it was a good idea to change up team list Tuesdays when there was absolutely no need. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he changed tactics that were previously working.

The only reason Kev's head isn't called for yet is exactly what you've mentioned. He's mates with the same guys who set the NRL news agendas.

I think Seibold was a shit coach but the way he was hounded by the media and old boys was absolutely disgraceful. They didn't even give him a chance before laying the boot in every other day.
We were laying the boot into Seibold before the media caught on. I'd like to take credit for starting that.

Fast forward two years and we (@theshed ) started laying the boot into Kevvie months ago.

The media takes its lead from us.

I'd say it's more like fatigue at the end of the year... they've hit a wall... hard.

The fitness that was there earlier on is gone and they've got no line speed as a result.

We weren't conceding 70m sets for the bulk of the year... I doubt Kev decided to completely rewrite the script on tactics from what was working.... "boys I know it was working all year, but from now on we're going to be ultra passive in defence"

This ...

It was also probably mental fatigue more than physical.

Young squad not used to having to compete so hard for so long

and get ready for a Crawley article, it is rumoured that 3 players have spoken to him about how unhappy they are in the broncos camp. This will be a beat up and a half.

How we perform against the dragons may determine just how deep the disconnect is between coach & playing group. Do they respond to Kevvie’s latest passionate rant and turn up with the right attitude, or do they just go through the motions & limp through the last 80mins of the season.

and get ready for a Crawley article, it is rumoured that 3 players have spoken to him about how unhappy they are in the broncos camp. This will be a beat up and a half.
If 3 players have spoken to him about how unhappy they are in the broncos camp it's not a beat up, it's more like an implosion. Need to wait and see what Crawley says, but from the way they have finished the season they certainly seem unhappy (I am not sticking up for the players or Kev, they are both to blame).

Who "rumoured" this?

Whether you consider this year a success or not is a matter of opinion, but what is clear is that this year was an improvement on last year, and thus at least some positive steps have been made. 2023 must build on those positive steps, because fringe 8 won't cut it again.
I think I speak for everyone in saying we want the "improvement on last year" to be a premiership. Not even making the finals is abject failure in Broncos speak. Limping to the end of the season proper only rubs it in.

I think I speak for everyone in saying we want the "improvement on last year" to be a premiership. Not even making the finals is abject failure in Broncos speak. Limping to the end of the season proper only rubs it in.
If Kevin lifted the Broncos the way Payton lifted the Cowboys this year I would consider it being a success. (Last game aside).

If Kevin lifted the Broncos the way Payton lifted the Cowboys this year I would consider it being a success. (Last game aside).
Yep, but also while we're on Payton, he looked like a dead man walking at the end of last season, so it's possible to come back from that. We also have to credit the Cowboy's recruitment.

I'll settle for a minor premiership.

Yep, but also while we're on Payton, he looked like a dead man walking at the end of last season, so it's possible to come back from that. We also have to credit the Cowboy's recruitment.

I think Payton went in with a hard edge and was always focused on setting a strong standard, his way or highway. Kev has had a lot more work to do especially around the club having completely imploded.

Payton also manipulated the competition by utilizing the media. Something we don't do, despite having an entire media conglomerate in our back pocket. Instead they'd rather post negative stories about us.

Unless we are getting some sort of benefit from being owned by a news company they are completely useless.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • RolledOates
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • ettybay
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Dexter
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.