THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Give Kevvie the respect he deserves, this is the club he inherited after fraud-bold, look at how diabolical it looked when he took over:

Their takes on Kevvie look bad as **** lmao.

Keep in mind this pie in a sky 3 years from 2021 is next year, **** we could win it this year.

The turnaround would've happened immediately after that segment as well.

The interview of TPJ was his last game for the club... along with Lodge.

That was effectively the turning point in terms of attitude and onfield performances, as we finished that year with a bit of steel in our mentality on the field.

The turnaround would've happened immediately after that segment as well.

The interview of TPJ was his last game for the club... along with Lodge.

That was effectively the turning point in terms of attitude and onfield performances, as we finished that year with a bit of steel in our mentality on the field.
I've been wrong about a lot of shit - a lot of ill-conceived harebrained shit - but the one that makes me roll in my sleep is the fantasy that TPJ was potential captaincy material, if only he had Kevvie Walters in his ear. Believe me when I say I feel deeply ashamed.

But on a more sober note: all the other times I've been 100% right.

I've been wrong about a lot of shit - a lot of ill-conceived harebrained shit - but the one that makes me roll in my sleep is the fantasy that TPJ was potential captaincy material, if only he had Kevvie Walters in his ear. Believe me when I say I feel deeply ashamed.

But on a more sober note: all the other times I've been 100% right.
I get lots wrong too. The only things that dont are computers and teenagers.

Seibold vs Walters watch:

Round 18 2022
5. Broncos: 24 points, 11 wins, 6 losses
8. Manly: 20 points, 9 wins, 8 losses

Round 18 2023
2. Broncos: 26 points, 12 wins, 5 losses
11. Manly: 19 points, 7 wins, 1 draw, 8 losses

Seibold vs Walters watch:

Round 18 2022
5. Broncos: 24 points, 11 wins, 6 losses
8. Manly: 20 points, 9 wins, 8 losses

Round 18 2023
2. Broncos: 26 points, 12 wins, 5 losses
11. Manly: 19 points, 7 wins, 1 draw, 8 losses
Siebold never coached Manly in 2022 though did he?

I’m sure it’s for comparison.
Yep, it's baseline. Mind you, we didn't nosedive until Seibold's second year.

There's not a massive difference between this year and last for us; the big difference is how other teams have gone.

Yep, it's baseline. Mind you, we didn't nosedive until Seibold's second year.

There's not a massive difference between this year and last for us; the big difference is how other teams have gone.
If only the game was played on a computer with numbers and not on a footy field

I didn't realise how similar our season is tracking to last season. Feels different.

I'm feeling this weird feeling... confidence? They are testing me though.

This season feels different because there is double the amount of teams that are decently strong compared to last year, to be able to have more wins despite that, hides how much better we have been.

The table is so bunched this year. Knights in 14th on +26 differential and Raiders 5th on -65.

Broncos seem like they are a good chance to give the finals a real shake.

I didn't realise how similar our season is tracking to last season. Feels different.

It's nearly identical up to round 17 in attack and defence.

Until round 17 of 2022, Brisbane averaged 23.13 points, four tries and 1434 run metres per game.

This season, they’re averaging 23 points, 4.06 tries and 1494 run metres.

Up until round 17 last year, the Broncos conceded 19.56 points, 3.31 tries, 1483 run metres and 4.63 linebreaks on average.

This year, they’re sitting at an average of 17.56 points, 2.94 tries, 1498 run metres and 4.44 linebreaks.

It's nearly identical up to round 17 in attack and defence.

Until round 17 of 2022, Brisbane averaged 23.13 points, four tries and 1434 run metres per game.

This season, they’re averaging 23 points, 4.06 tries and 1494 run metres.

Up until round 17 last year, the Broncos conceded 19.56 points, 3.31 tries, 1483 run metres and 4.63 linebreaks on average.

This year, they’re sitting at an average of 17.56 points, 2.94 tries, 1498 run metres and 4.44 linebreaks.
But there are some differences this year...

Download 1

It's almost like our draw has been different, our team is defending better, our attack looked (past tense because we've struggled the last few weeks) better, our players don't look broken, we are winning games through the Origin period and we just look like a far better team. This game isn't played on a computer with stats.

But... our run to equal first has also coincided with very few injuries. A couple of courageous wins without our stars is definitely a good sign, but without some of our better forwards (and while Walsh is out) is definitely going to hit us harder than we expect. If we can jag some victories until those forwards return and the ghosts of last year are exorcised, with a healthy squad we are absolutely capable of going all the way. If the finals started next week though we'd be out in straight sets.

But... our run to equal first has also coincided with very few injuries. A couple of courageous wins without our stars is definitely a good sign, but without some of our better forwards (and while Walsh is out) is definitely going to hit us harder than we expect. If we can jag some victories until those forwards return and the ghosts of last year are exorcised, with a healthy squad we are absolutely capable of going all the way. If the finals started next week though we'd be out in straight sets.
We still have a few things to work on, our biggest issue roster wise atm I would say is depth, we don't handle new players coming in as well as other top sides and I feel it's because we tend to stick with the same sides a bit too much, players like Piakura and Willison should have had more games then they have already, though Piakura has now broken into being a regular.

Smoothy has been shit but at the same time it looks like a one off rather then what to expect, we are in kind of a holding Pattern for Hooker while we wait for Mozer to make his way into the team it feels.

Sailor had a shit game against the Dolphins but played well in the Warriors game, he wasn't playing for 3 weeks before last week due to being on hold ready for 1st grade and I think it hurt him, I wouldn't be against chucking him in as 14 when Walsh is back if Billy is going to do big minutes, he needs some game time and if he is exclusively fullback cover he isn't going to get much.

We still have a few things to work on, our biggest issue roster wise atm I would say is depth, we don't handle new players coming in as well as other top sides and I feel it's because we tend to stick with the same sides a bit too much, players like Piakura and Willison should have had more games then they have already, though Piakura has now broken into being a regular.

Smoothy has been shit but at the same time it looks like a one off rather then what to expect, we are in kind of a holding Pattern for Hooker while we wait for Mozer to make his way into the team it feels.

Sailor had a shit game against the Dolphins but played well in the Warriors game, he wasn't playing for 3 weeks before last week due to being on hold ready for 1st grade and I think it hurt him, I wouldn't be against chucking him in as 14 when Walsh is back if Billy is going to do big minutes, he needs some game time and if he is exclusively fullback cover he isn't going to get much.

Not much you can do about injury- Willison did his ACL injury late 21 after three games which meant he came back halfway through 22.

He only got to play 9 Cup games last year and didn't come back until June Then did his shoulder in the last round.

He's played six NRL games and 25 Cup games over two years.

Not much you can do about injury- Willison did his ACL injury late 21 after three games which meant he came back halfway through 22.

He only got to play 9 Cup games last year and didn't come back until June Then did his shoulder in the last round.

He's played six NRL games and 25 Cup games over two years.
Damn that's an unlucky stretch, I hope he gets more First grade this year though.

Active Now

• scobie
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.