THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
When you know, you know. Billy will be a top coach if he decides to coach NRL.

Are you saying you are some sort of Nostradamus when it comes to coaching ?

Week to week dealing with 30 players , club management and the media is a waaaay different job to an Origin job .

Case in point Craig Bellamy unsuccessful Origin coach . All time great NRL coach .
Not mutually inclusive .

Also he knew that the Blues would attack on the left through Walker what was his amazing plan to shut that down ?

Week to week dealing with 30 players , club management and the media is a waaaay different job to an Origin job .

Case in point Craig Bellamy unsuccessful Origin coach . All time great NRL coach .
Not mutually inclusive .

Also he knew that the Blues would attack on the left through Walker what was his amazing plan to shut that down ?
tbh i only see him coaching at melbourne if he were inclined and that place is set up well enough that the players know their place club management is hands free and the media in vic dont give enough of a **** about league to do any journalism.

Not mutually inclusive .

We all know i'm basically the font of knowledge when it comes to anything rugby league.

As for the Origin game. He wins the ones that matter. But there are still times no matter how good a coach you are, if players have off days, play poorly and dont do their jobs and execute the game plan, you will lose games.

If Billy wants to become a full time NRL coach, he will be a successful one.

I have spoken.

We all know i'm basically the font of knowledge when it comes to anything rugby league.

As for the Origin game. He wins the ones that matter. But there are still times no matter how good a coach you are, if players have off days, play poorly and dont do their jobs and execute the game plan, you will lose games.

If Billy wants to become a full time NRL coach, he will be a successful one.

I have spoken.
Just listening to him speak, I think he is believing his own hype. He’s made a lot of dumb choices in what, 6 games? I’m not sold yet. Seems intelligent enough but if he starts to believe he can’t make mistakes then he’s not going to be a shit coach.

Just listening to him speak, I think he is believing his own hype. He’s made a lot of dumb choices in what, 6 games? I’m not sold yet. Seems intelligent enough but if he starts to believe he can’t make mistakes then he’s not going to be a shit coach.

He's clearly going to get things wrong, he's still very inexperienced as a coach. I'm not convinced how he goes about things he does believe the hype tbh. He never did it as a player and i dont see that mentality changing. When its mattered though, he's picked teams that get the job done when they need to.

I respect the brave calls you make when choosing who’s ability not to believe in

I respect the brave calls you make when choosing who’s ability not to believe in
This one is based on my own opinions, not those based in the club who actually know.

The way Slater speaks rubs me the wrong way. Like he’s trying to sound poetic. Plus him not selecting Oates last year and continuing with Coates this year are very poor decisions

Edit: plus I just said I’m not sold on him yet. @Wolfie hes got 362 days to make the correct decisions. It’s the easiest team to get prepared.

I'm thinking:

Souths - win (Souths haven't been going great and even if they have a lot of ins, they will likely be underdone)
Roosters - win (the Roosters are awful, shut down Manu and they have nothing else)
Cowboys - loss (the Cows are resurgent and they are at home)
Eels - win (this will be our statement game and will lock in top four)
Bye
Raiders - loss (we'll switch off for this one with nothing to play for sadly)
Storm - loss (no need to explain)

I'm thinking:

Souths - win (Souths haven't been going great and even if they have a lot of ins, they will likely be underdone)
Roosters - win (the Roosters are awful, shut down Manu and they have nothing else)
Cowboys - loss (the Cows are resurgent and they are at home)
Eels - win (this will be our statement game and will lock in top four)
Bye
Raiders - loss (we'll switch off for this one with nothing to play for sadly)
Storm - loss (no need to explain)
I demand that you revise this @Sproj y boy. I've already booked my flights for the Canberra game. I'll have none of that negative talk from you.

Apparently Wayne gave Kevvie a bit of a nudge after seeing him spray the team at half time in 2021, suggesting he cut out the ranting and raving and focus on unifying the team. Now he's the leading contender for Dally M Coach of the Year.

Kev's manager Chris Orr:

“After his first year, Kev had a catch up with Wayne and they had an honest conversation about his coaching. Wayne gave him some honest advice, he caught up with Kevvie and talked to him about what he needed to focus on. Wayne has the greatest feel for coaching, he is the master of getting the players knowing the coach has their back and that‘s why they play for him. They talked about a lot of things, including identifying holes in your personality or your skill set and working to other people‘s strengths. Kevvie has learned a lot about himself over this journey. His greatest skill is making the players feel they are part of something bigger than just a football club. He has shown great faith in his assistant coaches and I know Kev is extremely passionate about the Broncos and bringing a premiership back to the club.”​

Bennett:

“I won’t go too much into that meeting but, yes, basically I wanted the best for Kevin and I’m really happy for him at the moment. I still stay in touch with Kevin, we’ve always had a tremendous relationship. We’ve had our trying moments over the years but our friendship will always be there. He was a great player for the Broncos. He was a great player for me as his coach. He gave me as much as any player and we won premierships at the Broncos because of Kevin. I’d love to see him win the premiership this year, it would be wonderful for the club and the city.”​

Ben Ikin:

“I am really happy for Kev and the Broncos because he pours his heart and soul into that place. You can’t fake how much he loves the Brisbane Broncos and Kev’s passion bleeds into everything they are doing. Kevvie had been around great coaches and he was well and truly ready for a head-coaching gig. As Wayne Bennett points out, it (the Broncos job) is probably the toughest head-coaching gig in the competition, so that gives you a sense of how well he is doing. Kevvie knew what excellence looked like as a player and he’s now doing it for the Broncos as a coach. I’m thoroughly enjoying sitting back and watching their success unfold under Kevvie.”​

Apparently Wayne gave Kevvie a bit of a nudge after seeing him spray the team at half time in 2021, suggesting he cut out the ranting and raving and focus on unifying the team. Now he's the leading contender for Dally M Coach of the Year.

Kev's manager Chris Orr:

“After his first year, Kev had a catch up with Wayne and they had an honest conversation about his coaching. Wayne gave him some honest advice, he caught up with Kevvie and talked to him about what he needed to focus on. Wayne has the greatest feel for coaching, he is the master of getting the players knowing the coach has their back and that‘s why they play for him. They talked about a lot of things, including identifying holes in your personality or your skill set and working to other people‘s strengths. Kevvie has learned a lot about himself over this journey. His greatest skill is making the players feel they are part of something bigger than just a football club. He has shown great faith in his assistant coaches and I know Kev is extremely passionate about the Broncos and bringing a premiership back to the club.”​

Bennett:

“I won’t go too much into that meeting but, yes, basically I wanted the best for Kevin and I’m really happy for him at the moment. I still stay in touch with Kevin, we’ve always had a tremendous relationship. We’ve had our trying moments over the years but our friendship will always be there. He was a great player for the Broncos. He was a great player for me as his coach. He gave me as much as any player and we won premierships at the Broncos because of Kevin. I’d love to see him win the premiership this year, it would be wonderful for the club and the city.”​

Ben Ikin:

“I am really happy for Kev and the Broncos because he pours his heart and soul into that place. You can’t fake how much he loves the Brisbane Broncos and Kev’s passion bleeds into everything they are doing. Kevvie had been around great coaches and he was well and truly ready for a head-coaching gig. As Wayne Bennett points out, it (the Broncos job) is probably the toughest head-coaching gig in the competition, so that gives you a sense of how well he is doing. Kevvie knew what excellence looked like as a player and he’s now doing it for the Broncos as a coach. I’m thoroughly enjoying sitting back and watching their success unfold under Kevvie.”​
Glad you linked this. Ty, love these!

What a great mentor to have and genuinely wants what's best for Kev and ultimately the club. Kevs turning into a great coach, ultimately learning from previous failures and getting better each year. Plenty of upside.

^^^ so Badel starting the narrative to give Wayne Bennett credit for our revival ... interesting

staring samuel l jackson GIF

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Pablo
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.