THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Webster absolutely should get it, he’s been phenomenal but Walters is a very close second. And Kevvie can win it next year when we go undefeated and back to back.

Coach of the year!!

To top that off Payne is a big chance at the Dally M and if not prop of the year for sure, Walsh big chance of Dally M Fullback, Reno a chance at halfback, Herbie or Staggs name could be tossed up for a centre if they finish the year strong. A few guys are a chance of picking up awards this year.

To top that off Payne is a big chance at the Dally M and if not prop of the year for sure, Walsh big chance of Dally M Fullback, Reno a chance at halfback, Herbie or Staggs name could be tossed up for a centre if they finish the year strong. A few guys are a chance of picking up awards this year.
That’s why it’s being boycotted by the players

Goes to show how much of a **** up it was by our board to pick slide shows over Kevvie, back at the end of 2019.

Goes to show how much of a **** up it was by our board to pick slide shows over Kevvie, back at the end of 2019.
Maybe. Kevvie probably would have crashed and burned with that team too though.

I think Webster deserves it more.

What he's achieved with that Warriors side with the squad they have and the injury toll they have had is quite remarkable. They didn't have a resilient bone in their body prior to this year, now they're a top 4 side.

The likes of Johnson, DWZ, Walker looked used up before this year, but they have been a big part of their turnaround this year.

I predicted last year they would make the 8 this year but I was expecting them to be around 7th-8th and just barely scrape in, I wasn't expecting them to be 3rd.

Is Walsh still eligible for a Dally M award after his suspension? I thought if your suspended for more then 2 weeks you're disqualified?

Is Walsh still eligible for a Dally M award after his suspension? I thought if your suspended for more then 2 weeks you're disqualified?

Not the Dally M.

He might still be eligible for positional awards though

It will be interesting to see which way the awards go tbh. There's a number of fairly contentious ones.
FB
Walsh, Edwards and Drinkwater have been the standouts for me. So Gutho or Meaney will get it.
Wings
Cobb Loaf will be in the mix I think but beyond that, no idea. Maybe Waqa Blake
Centers
Campbell Graham will be one IMO with the other being Holmes, Staggs, Best or Crighton.
Five-Eighth
Timmy Dreadon, Munster and Walker I think. Probably Luai.
HB
Cleary, Arey, Johnson and DCE the clear standouts.
Hooker
William Walters should get it but failing that....Grant, Egan, Robson I think. JMK has been great, but I think he's missed a fair bit of footy.
Props
Haas and AFB
2nd Row.
No idea but probably Josh Jackson.

I think Webster deserves it more.

What he's achieved with that Warriors side with the squad they have and the injury toll they have had is quite remarkable. They didn't have a resilient bone in their body prior to this year, now they're a top 4 side.

The likes of Johnson, DWZ, Walker looked used up before this year, but they have been a big part of their turnaround this year.

I predicted last year they would make the 8 this year but I was expecting them to be around 7th-8th and just barely scrape in, I wasn't expecting them to be 3rd.
Footy side wise 100% but I also get the argument of the pressure, for a Rookie Coach to take over Broncos at their lowest point and turn them into what they are now, sure it's alot longer than the 1 season Webster has, but the pressure of constant scrutiny at our club is as tough as it gets, Webster even said himself that his role gets next to no media presence in NZ and same really goes over here too.

But what Webster has done is insane for 1 season, to transform the DNA of how Warriors play to basically the exact opposite and with players that are mostly what was there last year can not be undersold

It will be interesting to see which way the awards go tbh. There's a number of fairly contentious ones.
FB
Walsh, Edwards and Drinkwater have been the standouts for me. So Gutho or Meaney will get it.
Wings
Cobb Loaf will be in the mix I think but beyond that, no idea. Maybe Waqa Blake
Centers
Campbell Graham will be one IMO with the other being Holmes, Staggs, Best or Crighton.
Five-Eighth
Timmy Dreadon, Munster and Walker I think. Probably Luai.
HB
Cleary, Arey, Johnson and DCE the clear standouts.
Hooker
William Walters should get it but failing that....Grant, Egan, Robson I think. JMK has been great, but I think he's missed a fair bit of footy.
Props
Haas and AFB
2nd Row.
No idea but probably Josh Jackson.
DWZ has been pretty good for the wahs on the wing

DWZ has been pretty good for the wahs on the wing
I'm fairly certain he will get it for Wing, even though the Dally M points are hidden after mid season the NRL youtube gives away the top point scorers by having a poll for the player of the round and DWZ has been on there a few times which suggests he has had a few games getting the max 6 points.

As for the person winning the Dally M, I think Shaun Johnson is probably well clear atm, Haas is probably 2nd but I don't see anyone else winning it at current.

He has also came up in the NRL YouTube's player of the round more than any other player suggesting he has piled on the points lately.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.