THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hold the club to account FFS.

As in ...The Broncos?

Most def.....IMO.

I think this issue has a long historical background that back dates to the BRL clubs and the Broncs first inception into the NSWRL.

As in ...The Broncos?

Most def.....IMO.

I think this issue has a long historical background that back dates to the BRL clubs and the Broncs first inception into the NSWRL.
I don't understand why people are happy with what our club is doing. We've won nothing for 20 years ffs. There is no excuse for us not being a dominant club.

Yeah but why is Brisbane not producing as much talent s the Gold Coast. Why would we not be trying to secure Brisbane talent? Why is it ok if other clubs keep recruiting players from Brisbane? Hold the club to account FFS.
Ok lets use some simple logic here.
Your a dad with a player playing in the Brisbane comp. Multiple teams are interested in your boy from the NRL. Your boy is the second best half in his grade and the top half is already signed by the Broncos. Are you going to sign your kid up to the Broncos knowing he might not make it over the best half already in the comp or are you going to look at other teams that might have a weaker half that your kid can overtake? Also, what if the broncos have already given that top kid some cash and simply don't have anything to give your son, but lets say the Tigers are willing to chip in for his education for you to sign with them. These are currently the situations parents are finding themselves in and to be honest, you take the assistance from any club you can get in the end if your kid isn't the first priority in recruitment for the club.

Capras have had Milford, Lee, Atiken and Wallace.
Norths have had Averillo, Katoa, Teague, Niu, Keeley.
Redcliffe have had Te Whare, Graham, Tawha, Fuller, O'Sullivan, Wallace.

Fuller and Te Whare played Cup before the Dolphins were NRL.

I don't think anyone really has a massive advantage out of any of that. Maybe Norths.
Wallace must be clocking up some serious minutes

Your a dad with a player playing in the Brisbane comp. Multiple teams are interested in your boy from the NRL. Your boy is the second best half in his grade and the top half is already signed by the Broncos. Are you going to sign your kid up to the Broncos knowing he might not make it over the best half already in the comp or are you going to look at other teams that might have a weaker half that your kid can overtake? Also, what if the broncos have already given that top kid some cash and simply don't have anything to give your son, but lets say the Tigers are willing to chip in for his education for you to sign with them. These are currently the situations parents are finding themselves in and to be honest, you take the assistance from any club you can get in the end if your kid isn't the first priority in recruitment for the club.

Not even in the ball park of what I am talking about but all good. Where are all the elite talents from Brisbane?

Not even in the ball park of what I am talking about but all good. Where are all the elite talents from Brisbane?
I did a rough count from the qrl website looking at qld eligible players in the nrl. I counted 30 give or take from Brisbane area, and to be fair a decent chunk of that is depth or fringe level.. not top tier. It makes me wonder why and what's going on with junior development. Why so little genuine elite talent from rugby league heartlands... someone dropped the ball somewhere??

I did a rough count from the qrl website looking at qld eligible players in the nrl. I counted 30 give or take from Brisbane area, and to be fair a decent chunk of that is depth or fringe level.. not top tier. It makes me wonder why and what's going on with junior development. Why so little genuine elite talent from rugby league heartlands... someone dropped the ball somewhere??
I thought it was something like Brisbane Schools were mostly affiliated with Union comps, which could even be the case with Qld in general, so then it's reliant on QRL footy clubs to bring in the numbers.

However down in NSW league is actually played in schools... so they can end up with more participants.

Keebra Park and PCB are like the two big league schools in SEQ, but are there any within Brisbane itself or are they playing junior footy comps with Redcliffe, Easts, Wynnum, etc.

I thought it was something like Brisbane Schools were mostly affiliated with Union comps, which could even be the case with Qld in general, so then it's reliant on QRL footy clubs to bring in the numbers.

However down in NSW league is actually played in schools... so they can end up with more participants.

Keebra Park and PCB are like the two big league schools in SEQ, but are there any within Brisbane itself or are they playing junior footy comps with Redcliffe, Easts, Wynnum, etc.
There's Wavell high and Marsden... dont know how they rate against the Gold Coast schools these days. Don't really know of any others though

You're completely dismissing Logan which has provided a fair bit of NRL talent. Marsden High & Mable High are two of note.

It used to be that the top Brissy schools would run union and AFL programs, no idea if that is still the case up there. I wonder if so, is it still due to the working class / bogan roots of league compared to the more upper class / toffy schools of Brisbane itself.

Scattered around the whole NRL clubs. Gone are the days Brisbane had 20 of QLDs 50 players in the NRL. Now each club have their fair of players from each state and country. Clubs have way deeper pockets these days and its very easy for a player to relocate to a different state if need be and technology advancements mean they aren't getting as homesick anymore either.

Scattered around the whole NRL clubs. Gone are the days Brisbane had 20 of QLDs 50 players in the NRL. Now each club have their fair of players from each state and country. Clubs have way deeper pockets these days and its very easy for a player to relocate to a different state if need be and technology advancements mean they aren't getting as homesick anymore either.
Very few elite talents from the Brisbane Greater Region in the NRL compared to other areas in QLD is what I am saying. I understand the Broncos can't get them if they don't really exist.

Maybe they do exsist, but they are slipping through the cracks, or it could be other sports are just enticing some of the better league players away from league these days.

I don't think you're even close to answering the question- I think he's asking how can a Brisbane league team not have a large percentage of Brisbane players?

It's applied to Storm all the time- how can they not have more Melbourne players.

One of the first things Gus fixed at Penrith was locals in the Panthers side, last year it was 83% and this year it dropped to 75% and they weren't happy.

Very few elite talents from the Brisbane Greater Region in the NRL compared to other areas in QLD is what I am saying. I understand the Broncos can't get them if they don't really exist.

No they're out there.

159 Queenslanders in the NRL- 53 from Brisbane, North Queensland 30, Gold Coast 28, Central 25, Regional SEQ 16 and Sunny Coast 7.

It's a choice to not have many of that 53.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Allo
  • Griffo
  • Viti
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.