THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think Turpin was on a base contract, but with the salary cap going up next year we would have enough to give a bit more.
I think Turps would've been about $350k or so... think warriors were coming hard for him at the same time but he stayed with us.

Was only suggesting a base contract because we've already got two hookers in the top 30 next year (Paix and Mozer) and Billy is likely to be retained.

Picking up a 4th hooker you'd probably be going for someone cheaper or a new starter... and if it were to be Levi then you're probably having to offer him a 2-3yr contract on at least ok money ($350k or so)... and I'm not so sure that Broncos management would be wanting to set themselves up with Levi as the primary 9 for the next 3yr or so, given they already let him go in the first place.

If he's a contender for the man of steel in ESL then he's probably getting some decent deals over there that he can set himself up after footy.

I think Turps would've been about $350k or so... think warriors were coming hard for him at the same time but he stayed with us.

Was only suggesting a base contract because we've already got two hookers in the top 30 next year (Paix and Mozer) and Billy is likely to be retained.

Picking up a 4th hooker you'd probably be going for someone cheaper or a new starter... and if it were to be Levi then you're probably having to offer him a 2-3yr contract on at least ok money ($350k or so)... and I'm not so sure that Broncos management would be wanting to set themselves up with Levi as the primary 9 for the next 3yr or so, given they already let him go in the first place.

If he's a contender for the man of steel in ESL then he's probably getting some decent deals over there that he can set himself up after footy.
I'm not entirely sure we where in a position to renew his deal in the first place once we signed Billy which was done while Levi was still here and not entirely sure he was signed as a 9 to begin with atleast, Mozer will be on less money then Turpin though so there would be space but it would likely require us to get rid of Walters or Paix to give game time.

No doubt Kelly is gone after this year though so if Walters is added to the half rotation game time could open up for another hooker.

I did think it was strange we let go of Levi in the first place. He would have done a decent job for us if he stayed and he wanted to.

I did think it was strange we let go of Levi in the first place. He would have done a decent job for us if he stayed and he wanted to.
But he has been moved on from every club that he's been at, despite showing glimpses of form and not being sacked for disciplinary reasons... so it could be on the player at some point.

When I watch Levi I think he can be prone to taking the selfish option... there will be times when a ball is caught up on the goal line because he's gone 2-3 crash plays in a row and had a stab himself.

I'd imagine that frustrates coaches and his teammates because he cant follow a gameplan.

In saying that he was quite good for us last year and is capable of playing 80mins.

I'd be happy to get him back, but not necessarily as our primary hooker going forward for the next 5yr or so... it's a big year for Paix next year and hopefully he finishes off this year strongly.

If he doesnt then the club will need to think long and hard about who comes in to partner Mozer moving forward and how to transition him into being the number 1 hooker

Ridiculous suggestion. Where would we have played Billy if we'd have gone with Paix and Levi? Not really fair on Ezra to make him wait years to get a shot at 6.

Milford, Croft, Dearden, Turpin, Kelly - the right decisions 100%. I'd probably have liked to see Dearden stay but he's a NQ kid so the Cows will likely get the best out of him.

Martin, I wish we'd have kept. Gamble, I don't understand unless something else is brewing. Maybe there is legs to the Munster/Haas swap after all?

Reynolds, Mam, the right decisions 100% despite the result this weekend and poor Cap looking worse for wear. It's not just on the field he counts.

Walters, jury is still out, but you can't fault his effort. He's not been among our worst this year IMO.

Tell us how else it looks:

Milford, Croft, Dearden gone. Martin, Gamble, Turpin, probably Kelly gone.
Reynolds, Mam, Walters in.

Do you have to mention it in multiple threads?

Tell us how else it looks:

Milford, Croft, Dearden gone. Martin, Gamble, Turpin, probably Kelly gone.
Reynolds, Mam, Walters in.
easy to pick out the negatives when you haven't a clue what's happening behind the scenes, maybe wait for the roster for next year is sorted instead of bitching about when we still have finished the regular season before next.

This is literally fascism. Next you'll be coming for my books.
Perhaps you would just do well to listen to the peers around you.
Broken records become extremely boring Very quickly.

easy to pick out the negatives when you haven't a clue what's happening behind the scenes, maybe wait for the roster for next year is sorted instead of bitching about when we still have finished the regular season before next.
Spoiler alert next time.

Unread

Active Now

• PETERN
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.