THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Short answer : Yes with a why

Long answer : No with a but.

Yes because I can’t see his coaching influence having actually improved the teams performance. Just feels our talent has improved and raised the stakes of risk vs reward even moreso.

No because if we are being honest there’s no genuine candidate. Nothing more than a devil you know scenario for mine. Kev should start becoming comfortable with the title of caretaker though.

Originally voted yes but have since changed my tune. Bring in better support than fucking Trent.

What are Broncos fans going to do when the big dogs play over the next few weeks?

Other than stroke your flaccid dicks, of course.
What are Penrith fans going to do when they’ve used up all the soggy saos over the next few weeks?

Other than eat cummy biscuits, dribbled on by their low T pre cum, unsatisfying worms.

Ponga has saved his job every year
And he doesnt even use him correctly.

Didnt realise AOB has been there that long... and yet every year it's still a halves carousel.

5yr and I dont know who their starting halves will be next year.

He still has no idea how he wants his team to play after 5yrs... that is a terrible head coach being carried by the draw and Ponga

And he doesnt even use him correctly.

Didnt realise AOB has been there that long... and yet every year it's still a halves carousel.

5yr and I dont know who their starting halves will be next year.

He still has no idea how he wants his team to play after 5yrs... that is a terrible head coach being carried by the draw and Ponga
Hearing his presser he was either half cut again or hungover

You're the one taking shots at the assistants he's bringing in, I don't have to answer to anything.

Go watch Parra's press conference if you think they don't want to put in for Trent Barrett. I actually think he's a good aquisition. As for Ben Te'o, who is to know? None of us on here that's for sure.
Hey there BF :)

I know people on here are often aggressive and take a crack at each other, and that's often the default interpretation of the words on the screen, and I can see how you could have taken my words as if I was being a smartarse - but I wasn't mate, I was asking a real question, I'm interested to know what your answer to the situation is.
But to address some points in your post;
1 - I'm not taking shots at the assistants, just questioning if they are the right folks to bring in (Trent has some question marks about him and Ben Te'o is a complete unknown at this level, so it's fair to ask the question, but I have not disparaged them)
2 - I never said that the players didn't want to put in for Trent
3 - As for Ben Te'o, well that is my point

Cheers mate :)

Yeah true but you've gotta have that player that can execute the difficult plays. I thought yesterday's performance was pretty impressive from a team perspect

They kept the Dolphins to 6 points which is huge. They've scored a lot of points this season.

I know people on here are often aggressive and take a crack at each other, and that's often the default interpretation of the words on the screen, and I can see how you could have taken my words as if I was being a smartarse - but I wasn't mate, I was asking a real question, I'm interested to know what your answer to the situation is.
1 - I'm not taking shots at the assistants, just questioning if they are the right folks to bring in (Trent has some question marks about him and Ben Te'o is a complete unknown at this level, so it's fair to ask the question, but I have not disparaged them)

u wot m8 GIF

Jkjk 😀

I think Trent Barrett's question marks are about his ability as a head coach and that would be a fair enough question to have, very difficult to say whether or not he's no good as an assistant. He seemed to do well at Penrith and since then he's wound up at clubs where the coach has been on the outer and fell into a caretaker role. That could obviously happen again. I would rather focus on the positive stuff he was able to do at Penrith though.

Assistants are a tough one because proven ones don't go from club to club, unless they try their hand at being a head coach and struggle to make it. I think that's where Barrett is at. I've always held a spot for him, not on his ability as a head coach but as an individual. I remember what he said about Piakura at the time when he was chasing him for Canterbury, came across as very respectful despite missing out on his signature. Good things usually happen to good people.

The support have to agree with Kev or they are moved on.

In fairness to Kev.......isn't that what you want? For the team to ALL be on the same page?

I can only relate to my own years of man management experience.
You're either with me or your against me.

...and if you're against me

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

If he can bring the way he played to our playing group that's going to add something.
Hopefully he doesn't teach them to turn his back on the ball and appeal to the referee while the other team runs away and scores like he's doing here. 2021 Round 1, could already see the signs of players not being held accountable when you had our two most senior players facing the wrong way while the game is still being played (the guy walking is Glenn).

Kevvie still isn't driving the high standards required or attention to detail, and when you leave it up to the players you end up with the season we just had.

Leadership

Remember that Kevie picked Isaako as starting FB over Walsh in '21 and Baker over Willison in R1 and R2 this season....I know this is promoting youth over experience but these were obvious selection fails and poor judgement.
Also, apparently didn't do enough to convince Herbie to stay (I know he's a ballhog but his 2nd tackle carries have been glaringly missed).
I called it out a few times in live threads - we look like a park footy team. Little structure, poor handling, minimal line speed, non-existent support play, average bench use and wearing out guys like Carrigan. And the coach has to take some responsibility for the R&R decisions.
I don't have a candidate in mind and I hope Kevvie can fix the mess. But I've been waiting since the 62nd minute of the '23 GF and ain't seen shit to support my hope....

Active Now

• Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • mitch222
  • mrtij
  • Bronco bob
  • Lozza
  • Hammerman47
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.