THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
or the coach is doing mozer right by limiting his work load and easing him into first grade.
Yes earlier in the year I would have agreed but there was a few occasions that made me scratch my head when Mozer got pulled off when he started making good impact and especially when choosing to play an obviously injured Walters over Smoothy or Mozer.

My question is if kevvie gets the sack does Billy do the honourable thing and quit in a rage due to a fake board decision? If so I say sack him. Otherwise he gets one more little shot at it next year.
I actually think Billy if used correctly could be a good fit for the 14. Wishart is better but that type of player is what I think Billy is.

In fairness to Kev.......isn't that what you want? For the team to ALL be on the same page?

I can only relate to my own years of man management experience.
You're either with me or your against me.

...and if you're against me

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

No, if things aren't working, then have a say without fear of losing your job.

Remember that Kevie picked Isaako as starting FB over Walsh in '21 and Baker over Willison in R1 and R2 this season....I know this is promoting youth over experience but these were obvious selection fails and poor judgement.
Also, apparently didn't do enough to convince Herbie to stay (I know he's a ballhog but his 2nd tackle carries have been glaringly missed).
I called it out a few times in live threads - we look like a park footy team. Little structure, poor handling, minimal line speed, non-existent support play, average bench use and wearing out guys like Carrigan. And the coach has to take some responsibility for the R&R decisions.
I don't have a candidate in mind and I hope Kevvie can fix the mess. But I've been waiting since the 62nd minute of the '23 GF and ain't seen shit to support my hope....
Walsh was 18 though wasn’t he? Not even eligible to be picked because he wasn’t in the top 30 squad

Walsh debuted R7 2021 for Warriors.
Has Isaako played FB since.
I get we (Kevie) wanted him to play a season of QCUP but sometimes you've gotta pick em.
For reference Sam Walker debuted R4 2021 after not-playing in 2020 with NSW Jersey Flegg on COVID hiatus. Galvin also debuted R2 2024 at 18 years old.

Remember that Kevie picked Isaako as starting FB over Walsh in '21 and Baker over Willison in R1 and R2 this season....I know this is promoting youth over experience but these were obvious selection fails and poor judgement.
Lol

You really think that Kev's long term plan was Isaako... who had already failed at fullback multiple times... over the guy who just turned 18 and was about 80kg wringing wet.

It's been said soooo many times that Kev told Walsh he just wanted him to go back and play Qcup until he was ready.... you know... make these little "prima donnas" (buzzword the forum is loving at the moment) earn it instead of getting ahead of themselves... you realise Walsh hadn't even played Qcup at that point right?? Nah all good just start him against NRL men from day dot... "sink or swim ya little pussy bitch" Madge probably

And Willison coming off an ACL and played about 11 NRL games his entire career at that point.. and maybe less at qcup level. You dont think Kev thought... maybe I shouldn't start this kid in round 1, because im going to need him a fair bit this season and I dont think he can get in there and churn out 24 games for me this year.... so I'll warm him up in qcup and let the more mature forwards like Taupau (who played in round 1 over Willison as well) take the first up shots whilst the whole competition is at its freshest... and then bring Willison in later on as players start to get a few niggles to provide impact and set him up in the best possible chance to succeed.

Nah **** that... fucking little pussy bitch can play every God damn week this year... even on bye rounds... dont even give a **** that he's played a handful of games in his career.... this is basically like Fifa... the more minutes kids spend on the field the more stat points they pick up at the end of the year!!!

Where's R&R I need more high potential kids

I'm all for QCUP and letting the kids cook.
But Walsh was "ready", some players just need to be picked. And our other option was Isaako. Really?
And Willison was more than ready. He showed that as soon as he got a run. He showed that in his previous games. And I'm comparing him to Fletcher Baker and playing off the bench for 25 to 30 mins. Willison over Keenan Palasia - probably not? But we also let him walk.
Both poor calls from Kevie.
Another one. I love Oates, but constantly picking him on the wing this year and him getting absolutely shown up?
Selection fails and solely on Kevie.

Remember that Kevie picked Isaako as starting FB over Walsh in '21

how dare Kevvie make an 18 year old rookie who hadn't even played a single game of reserve grade earn his spot in the team.
sack him! sack him now!

you're really grasping at straws when you start questioning his ability to bring along rookies ... definitely his strongest attribute and no doubt one he learned from Bellamy and Bennett

The same Walsh who Billy Slater selected for Origin Game 2 in late June 2021....But Isaako was the better fullback for the Broncos in March?
And I'm clutching at straws....
And Kevie's great attribute to bring along rookies is evident by whom exactly? Piakura?
Sure Mozer looks good but this great attribute of Kevie's seems a bit short of examples....
Picking Isaako over Walsh was a glaring failure and we all know it.

Walsh debuted R7 2021 for Warriors.
Has Isaako played FB since.
I get we (Kevie) wanted him to play a season of QCUP but sometimes you've gotta pick em.
For reference Sam Walker debuted R4 2021 after not-playing in 2020 with NSW Jersey Flegg on COVID hiatus. Galvin also debuted R2 2024 at 18 years old.

Walsh had his shoulder operated on at the end of 2019 and didn’t play the whole of 2020. Come 2021 he hadn’t played for 16 months. Kevvie thought Cup games would be a good place to start for a 19 year old. Walker was in the same position and played four Cup games for the Bears.

Walsh got dropped to Redcliffe in 21 and played Cup after going to the Warriors so Kev wasn’t too far wrong.

The same Walsh who Billy Slater selected for Origin Game 2 in late June 2021....But Isaako was the better fullback for the Broncos in March?
And I'm clutching at straws....
And Kevie's great attribute to bring along rookies is evident by whom exactly? Piakura?
Sure Mozer looks good but this great attribute of Kevie's seems a bit short of examples....
Picking Isaako over Walsh was a glaring failure and we all know it.
There are plenty of things to attack Kevvie about so pick something else. The call with Walsh is one of the few he has gotten right. Walsh had not even played cup at that point and he shouldn’t have debuted when he did for the Warriors. He didn’t pick Isaako like he thought he was better than Walsh, Isaako was a bridge while Walsh played against men and not thrown into the furnace. If I remember correctly he had just come back from a big injury too.

The fact that Walsh went back to cup at the Warriors pretty early on shows he needed that time. You are just dead wrong on this and with the plethora of legitimate complaints against Kevvie out there why you would choose this hill to die on I don’t know.

Almost every young fella with an early call-up goes back to cup at some stage. And BTW it wasn't just Billy who picked Walsh for QLD 3 months later, it was the QLD selectors. I notice no one has a response on the poor selections of Baker and Oates. Or that it was Isaako who was the preferred starting fullback? A guy that is patently not a FB.
You guys just want to focus on my call of Walsh as an 18 year old even though I provided 2 other recent examples and could even go back to another 18 yr old Broncos FB in K. Hunt or Darius Boyd.

Almost every young fella with an early call-up goes back to cup at some stage. And BTW it wasn't just Billy who picked Walsh for QLD 3 months later, it was the QLD selectors. I notice no one has a response on the poor selections of Baker and Oates. Or that it was Isaako who was the preferred starting fullback? A guy that is patently not a FB.
You guys just want to focus on my call of Walsh as an 18 year old even though I provided 2 other recent examples and could even go back to another 18 yr old Broncos FB in K. Hunt or Darius Boyd.

Hunt hadn't not played for 16 months and coming off a shoulder operation.

I am 100% sure if he hadn't played a game since half way through year 11 Bennett wouldn't have played him.

We are focusing on your call about Walsh because it's fucking stupid. No-one is disputing what you said about Baker and Oates because that is clearly correct and there is nothing to add there. Oates and Baker were shit and shouldn't have been picked. Obviously.

But to give you your due, congratulations, that was amazing insight that Baker and Oates should not have been picked. Well done. It doesn't change the fact that you are tremendously wrong about Walsh but great job on Baker and Oates.

Queensland/Green didn't have much choice, Holmes played fullback game one when Ponga was out, game two Brimson was out, and Walsh was picked.

He was really the fourth choice.

Green was the coach too, not Slater.

It is an opinion. We all have them. It may be wrong but I think others will agree with me. I don't think it deserves vitriol or derogatory remarks on my intelligence.
But pile-on. It's what BHQ does best.
And true, it was Green and the selectors - but he was still picked for QLD 3 months later...4th choice or not. Honestly I would have rather a decent seasoned FB in. '21 but we didn't have one, we had Isaako.

I know it isn’t popular but it is ok sometimes to just say you got this one wrong. It happens to all of us.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • phoenix
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Dreaglor
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.