Post Bundaberg Trial Match - Broncos vs. Cowboys

Going by those highlights, Seve and Eden were very impressive. Based on the trial and the nines you would have to think the vacant backline spot comes down to Seve, Opacic or Eden

**** yes to those around the ruck plays!!! So, so good. Jordy Kahu's no-looker inside to Milf was gold, as was Hunt's switch back inside with Niko getting through...just magic to watch!! Was super impressed with Seve and Eden, would love to see them both in a jersey at some stage to see how they handle NRL this year, and either could well get a shot at Maranta's wing spot. Opacic was also solid in the Nines...exciting times again at the club, I can't fucking wait for the season to start again!!!

I tell you what, with the increased speed expected with the restricted interchanges this year, we are going to be very, very hard to stop when we got on a roll, even if we don't have the best game, we are going to have 10-15 minute periods where we are going to pile on points.

Especially with Nikorima on the bench.

Still scratching my head on how Matt Gillett got man of the match. Eden was by far our best

MOTM always goes to a player who they actually know the name of.

I tell you what, with the increased speed expected with the restricted interchanges this year, we are going to be very, very hard to stop when we got on a roll, even if we don't have the best game, we are going to have 10-15 minute periods where we are going to pile on points.

I'm not sure if the game is going to be faster. Indeed, it will favour the smaller, more mobile players, but with the increased fatigue, I expect there will be a lot of games ending up in an Origin-like stumble-fest of players strewn out over the field. And because of that, I hope the refs are going to be keeping their eye on deliberate slow-down tactics, especially by the bigger packs who would rather cheat than adapt.

I'm not sure if the game is going to be faster. Indeed, it will favour the smaller, more mobile players, but with the increased fatigue, I expect there will be a lot of games ending up in an Origin-like stumble-fest of players strewn out over the field. And because of that, I hope the refs are going to be keeping their eye on deliberate slow-down tactics, especially by the bigger packs who would rather cheat than adapt.

Like the ones they said they would target at the start of last year, and targeted for about the first half of the first round lol. The slow-down tactics have got to stop, as do 'blocking' plays to prevent mid-air contests. My two pet hates and greatest frustrations with the game tbh.

Like the ones they said they would target at the start of last year, and targeted for about the first half of the first round lol. The slow-down tactics have got to stop, as do 'blocking' plays to prevent mid-air contests. My two pet hates and greatest frustrations with the game tbh.

I'm with you, I can not stand blocking. I blow up every time I see it happen, even if it is us doing it.

I'm with you, I can not stand blocking. I blow up every time I see it happen, even if it is us doing it.

Or at least stop giving immunity to blockers. If you're in the road, you deserve a push in the back

People, being what they are ,will exploit every angle they can find and that will never change. If a player simply turns their back or holds their ground in a stationary position then I have no problem with them being in a blocking position. They cannot physically disappear. Like everyone else though I want them penalised for deliberate actions to block.

What I absolutely hate is a tackled player constantly moving forward into a tackler or tacklers who are attempting to disengage. If a tackler is obliged to release then the tackled player should have to play the ball or rise to his/her feet where the tackle was completed which would be the point where the ref has called held. There should never be a call of 'he/she shortened it ,shortened it' as we hear. Stepping over, stepping on, stepping into a tackler should be penalised and as many things are subjective we can rely on a decent ref to figure out which is which.

Can I say once again how much this practice absolutely shits me ha ha !!!

Probably the wrong thread to whinge about something but now that I've one finger typed this....

People, being what they are ,will exploit every angle they can find and that will never change. If a player simply turns their back or holds their ground in a stationary position then I have no problem with them being in a blocking position. They cannot physically disappear. Like everyone else though I want them penalised for deliberate actions to block.

What I absolutely hate is a tackled player constantly moving forward into a tackler or tacklers who are attempting to disengage. If a tackler is obliged to release then the tackled player should have to play the ball or rise to his/her feet where the tackle was completed which would be the point where the ref has called held. There should never be a call of 'he/she shortened it ,shortened it' as we hear. Stepping over, stepping on, stepping into a tackler should be penalised and as many things are subjective we can rely on a decent ref to figure out which is which.

Probably the wrong thread to whinge about something but now that I've one finger typed this....
Yeah the 'shortened' call is absolute crap and any ref who uses it thinking that it levels the playing field is a moron. If a player gets tackled on the halfway line and plays the ball on the halfway line the mid-point between the ball and the defensive line is at 45m. If he steals 2 metres playing the ball the mid-point is at 44m.

I agree. If your eyes are not on the ball, but on the attacking player and you make contact it should be a penalty.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Foordy
  • Horseheadsup
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Broncorob
  • Locky24
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.