Post Game Discussion - Round 9 - Penrith

I was disappointed Kahu wasn't on the right side though. At least he could swap with Reed in attack there. I guess Copley will be returning so they wanted the just get used to Kahu playing on the right.

I liked that Kahu played right side. That's where we create most of our chances, and you want your best finisher getting those chances (i.e. Not Maranta).

Soward has turned into a great player but he has an attitude that stinks of dogshit

What has happened to our first man in hits hard and around the belly button? it's gone and it showed tonight. We don't wrestle well enough with the 3 man in crap and the ruck speed Penrith had should have won them the game except for some exceptional online defence .

How legit was Kahu under the highball.

He was very good, which is exactly what we need on our wings. Copley, Reed, Oates and Maranta can't take bombs to save their lives.

Darius Boyd's stats for tonight!

0 Tries
0 Try Assists
0 Line Breaks
0 Line Break Assists
0 Tackle Busts
0 Tackles
0 Missed Tackles
0 Offloads
0 Errors
0 Penalties Conceded

At least he was consistent! :lol:

You guys think we were worse than the Panthers?

Well for starters the Panthers at least supported the ball carrier, we were just running one out and our forwards were getting smashed by three in the tackle.

Execution was way off and I lost it when Maranta stepped back in from the slide in the play before we scored the matchwinning try, I thought he was over!! Good defensive effort from the boys inside our 20. Blair was underwhelming, I liked what I saw from Nikorima and Ofahengaue was impressive off the bench! Milford played a balanced game, making a few breaks...still a long way to go, but the first time I saw Kahu's try I though Hodges through the pass...onya Milfie!!

Last edited:
Darius Boyd's stats for tonight!

0 Tries
0 Try Assists
0 Line Breaks
0 Line Break Assists
0 Tackle Busts
0 Tackles
0 Missed Tackles
0 Offloads
0 Errors
0 Penalties Conceded

At least he was consistent! :lol:

Absolutely he's not good enough to play Origin, Mal.

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree. They made massive meters through the middle (which certainly needs attention) but couldn't crack us where it counts and had to resort to penalty kicks and a field goal. We cracked them twice.

catching bombs is literally the only thing Maranta is good at

Except for the passage of play in the opening minutes when a bomb went up and Maranta just let Simmons take it. And then was so far away from him that he couldn't even wrap the ball up and stop Simmons from scoring. Kahu's tackle on Soward saved the try, but it was only possible because Simmons got the ball so easily.

This is probably just my Maranta agenda in play, but Maranta has one job to do, and that's defuse kicks, and he failed woefully on this occasion.

How legit was Kahu under the highball.

Better than his dropped pass from Hodges (who dropped one himself) ;) I forgive him though. He more than made up for it.

It's nice having wingers and backs that can catch a highball but Maranta throwing that pass in our 20.

Well for starters the Panthers at least supported the ball carrier, we were just running one out and our forwards were getting smashed by three in the tackle.

Must admit, there were at least 5 or 6 breaks or half-breaks with no support by us. Bennett will ream them out for it, don't you worry, as it was one of the things we did well for our first few games.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.