Post game discussion * Spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Can't believe no one has posted a thread with this topic. F*$k me try doing this with one eye closed after
playing 18 holes and drinking a bottle of rum and half a bottle of Baileys.
We are going all right at time of righting although this took me 15 mins. [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Our kicking game & ball control were shocking.

Though ball control improved in the 2nd half.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Nick Kenny - sign him for life. Our best player 2 weeks in a row IMO. Made the most metres and tackles.
Hunt was awesome in attack, but his tackling left a lot to be desired.
I'm also loving Folau on the wing, his kick returns always put us on the front foot.

In the end, and pretty good win IMO against one of the best packs in the comp. Most of their tries have been pretty lucky.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
What did you think of Nate Miles kicking in the tackle.

I thought he knew Parker was there & did it on purpose.

It looked like his lifted his leg & then kicked.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
What the F@^k does FTW mean? I am 46 yrs of age plaease have some consideration for us oldies!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Kaz said:

I think he did it well enogh to get away with it.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The first half was dreadful. We should've been leading by 18 instead we blew a number of oppurtunities and didn't ask the right kinds of questions of the Roosters defence.

With that said when they got it right, the Broncos played well, especially in the 3rd quater (40-60mins).

As for MoM I thought Kenny, Clinton and Thaiday were our best. The difference was obviously the backline though.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Dexter said:
Kaz said:

I think he did it well enogh to get away with it.

Agreed.

Although it appeared to me as if Myles was starring at Parker when he kicked him.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I thought our defence was great for most of the game but it was very shaky in the last 15-20 minutes. Mitchell Pearce should never be allowed to offload in a three man tackle. On the plus side, the attack did look very sharp during the second half and the young players will benefit from another close game

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Final score an margin a bit disappointing but I guess this time of the season is all about banking 'W's ... FYI, Brisbane sure hasn't been kind to punters this season .. 4-1 in terms of straight-up wins, but 1-4 ATS (against the spread) ..

Still think they're missing some punch in the dummy half running dept ...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Jazza said:
I thought our defence was great for most of the game but it was very shaky in the last 15-20 minutes. Mitchell Pearce should never be allowed to offload in a three man tackle. On the plus side, the attack did look very sharp during the second half and the young players will benefit from another close game

almost like a little 'let-down' period for the Broncos once they felt they had the two points banked ... I guess it's such a tough, torrid competition these days that it's hard not to start thinking about self-preservation and next week ect once the pressure in a game is eased in terms of the result being on the line ...

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We were ok in patches. Last 12 minutes was ordinary. Henjack will blast them for it.

I saw Lockyer blowing up at his team mates on a couple of occasions. He was definitely frustrated and struggled to inject himself into the game.

Eastern Suburbs are soft. They have some quality players but they wilt under pressure too often. Their defence was abysmal tonight. Pearce had a good game though and probably outpointed Wallace.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Woosters problem is that Anasta and Pearce have about as much creativity as a typical Hollywood action movie these days. It especially shows during the rep and finals seasons.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
How easily did Myhtal stand up our FB?

I hope he showed enogh overall to be picked for Origin.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
One on one, a fullback will get beat 90% of the time.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I agree with those that say that Pearce dominated Wallace. He almost dug them out of it, although I bet he'd be kicking himself over that bombed try in the first half, considering the final score.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Alec said:
The Woosters problem is that Anasta and Pearce have about as much creativity as a typical Hollywood action movie these days. It especially shows during the rep and finals seasons.

Anasta is such a try-hard isn't he ?! But for all the "creativity of door nail" stuff he serves up, he'll produce the odd doozy like he did there in the second half for his own try ..

I tell ya, if ever Hollywood makes a movie about the Roosters, Ben Stiller is a LOCK to play the part of Anasta ... [icon_lol1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.