Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
briareos said:
One on one, a fullback will get beat 90% of the time.

Agreed but that was a bit too easy, with no one else around.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I reckon Slater and Bowen would have taken Pearce down by letting him get around a bit and then using their pace. Problem is that Hunt isn't fast enough to do this. He gets burned more often than any other fullback imo, but his kick defense makes up for it.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Jazza said:
I reckon Slater and Bowen would have taken Pearce down by letting him get around a bit and then using their pace. Problem is that Hunt isn't fast enough to do this. He gets burned more often than any other fullback imo, but his kick defense makes up for it.

Hunt should have used the sideline, he was too aggresive and let Myhtal step inside.

Extremely bad read at the time.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Solid effort but against good sides those lapses will prove very costly, lucky to hold on IMO. On saying that we were the better team when we eventually completed our ses in the second half.

Wally I'm afraid cemented the NSW #7 jersey tonight, all over Pearce who was shown up in defence time and time again with Sa and Wacker on the right hand side all night, and that was by Winters and Michaels, imagine if had been Izzy and Hodgo on that side.

Forward pack were wonderful tonight, for mine we are so much better with Gorrel at dummy half supplying quality ball even if Locky and Wally wasted most it in the first half with another subpar kicking game. Alfie and Greenie need to work hard with them this week. Clinto again was huge as was Kenny, DT is starting show some real consistancy, Thaiday continues to impress week in week out and should one of the first pick for the Test side. Setu impressed again also, and Glenn is the find of the year, outstanding in defence really tking over from TC in that utility type role for mine.

As I said solid effort but need to tighten up ball control and learn to grind things out when we are strugglng with completitions and the rest will follow in due course when we get on top. I must say I am really liking the stye of play that Henjak is trying to instill in the team, each week for mine we are seeing more and moe a going away from the bash and barge style WB had us playing. Also Ivan keep up that passion in the box love it.

Oh and Dexter from one oldie to another FTW = for the win

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I agree with the above, and esp on the Gorell part, I think gorell is doing his job very well, he doesn't make many mistakees (if any) and does his job, without overdoing it, I really think he's doing a good job atm.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
great defense in the 1st half and great attack in the 2nd.

dont think Ivan will be too happy with the end. but this year a win is a win.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
I agree with the above, and esp on the Gorell part, I think gorell is doing his job very well, he doesn't make many mistakees (if any) and does his job, without overdoing it, I really think he's doing a good job atm.

only problem is he has so many chances to run and never takes em. at one stage he got an offload and the 1st thing he did was pass and not even look at the space in front of him.

but his service was great tonight. i would have subbed him after 25 when we should have been scoring tries.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
spoonbled said:
broncospwn said:

only problem is he has so many chances to run and never takes em. at one stage he got an offload and the 1st thing he did was pass and not even look at the space in front of him.

but his service was great tonight. i would have subbed him after 25 when we should have been scoring tries.
But I sort of like that tbh, When you have halves like locky and wallace, they should do most of the attacking.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
didnt stop Ennis from doing it perfectly last year that helped our attack.

Just read a bit about what Ivan thought of the end

"But it was not without a fright as the Roosters scored two tries in the final few minutes, something that displeased coach Ivan Henjak.

Henjak deemed the late collapse ‘unacceptable for Broncos players.’"

hopefully he will get stuck into em so that doesnt happen again

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
i must of watched a different game i thought we were good for only 20 minutes and the rest we were disgracefully if we were playing a better side we would have got smacked.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Pearce tonight made Lockyer look like Tonie Carroll in defense, some of the worst jersey grab attempts of alltime.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I thought the whole game was cod ordinary to be honest.

Both teams looked very disjointed and dropped way too much ball in the first half and in the second the defence was pretty soft. We looked slow and were lucky that the Roosters were equally as slow (until that last 10 minutes anyway). I reckon it was one of those clichéd "ok we weren't near our best but we'll just take the two points and look to improve next week" games.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh for some reason..

In saying that though, Clinton and Kenny were great up front and Thaiday's workrate was amazing, although he may be losing some of his impact as a result.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Pearce tonight made Lockyer look like Tonie Carroll in defense, some of the worst jersey grab attempts of alltime.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
That Sisa Waqa guy though would have to be hands down worst winger in the NRL lol, I could just imagine if it was folau and hodges on that left side.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
agree with thaiday.

I dont like when he gets it from dummy half and runs straight back to the markers. he does so much more damage 1 off the ruck where he has those few extra metres to step or duck

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm dissapointed folau didn't score a try this week :( I love the guy! Hopefully he scores a double next week to make up for it :)

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
broncospwn said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
That Sisa Waqa guy though would have to be hands down worst winger in the NRL lol, I could just imagine if it was folau and hodges on that left side.

He's still adapting to Rugby League...give the bloke a break. I thought he made some nice tackles tonight, but he was caught out of position numerous times.

Considering he has been playing Rugby League for 5 months, I reckon he did OK.

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
I don't know what game half the posters in this thread were watching ... I thought we were pretty much terrible all night. Zero enthusiasm for the first half, and zero intensity at the back end of the game. The only reason we won is cause we have better players than the Roosters. We played better last week against the Dragons in my opinion.

Huge question mark on the coach after this for me. Good sides would have carved us up tonight. The Roosters have nil and will finish nearer last than first this year. Sides are so even nowadays and motivation is the key. If we can't carve up the Roosters with the personnel we had on the park tonight, we have serious issues. I just hope we have deliberately started the season low key so we have something to give later in the season. I don't think I'm being too harsh. Kudos to Fittler for his side fighting the unwinnable game all the way to final hooter.

A few individual notes. Hunt doesn't care atm and should not play Origin at all based on tonight. Michaels has a serious case of the dropsies atm. Even Locky is out of form.

Seriously, what is going on with this sterile game atm ? Maybe I'm just blinded right now having just watched possibly the worst half (1st half) of NRL for years.

Oink !

M

mjc

BRL Player
Jan 14, 2009
What was wrong with Hunt tonight? He scored two tries, had a great grubber in goal that was just missed, always took the right option in attack. He was fine?!

One massive thing... Folau isn't getting his hands on the ball enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Howie
  • Fozz
  • leon.bott
  • winslow_wong
  • TimWhatley
  • bazza
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • BRC088
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.