Post game discussion * Spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Nashy said:
I think Lockyer is just getting old, and not needing to do as much as we've seen him do. He's no longer the only player on the field with a bit of skill.

+1

I've noticed that Wallace seems to be taking more control this year, which is a good thing long term.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
they need to get his contact done. that might keep him focused on the weeks ahead.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I don't think it's that he's not doing stuff, it's that the stuff he's doing isn't quality. Kicks out on the full, throwing interecepts etc.

The sooner they get him sewn up the better. He was immense at the end of last year.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ditto Hunt. He's doing what he's coached to do in attack (run the moves etc) but he's doing none of the brilliant stuff we've come to expect from him - mainly defensively and positionally. He's been poor by his standards in those departments.

Hopefully once he decides his future (apparently as soon as today) that'll help him focus.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxyz said:
Hopefully once he decides his future (apparently as soon as today)

Do go on.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's only rumour and hearsay, but apparently he has two very good offers from a French rugby club and Japanese rugby club. Just working on final details to decide which to take, if either.

Still hasn't ruled out staying with the Broncos, but both French and Japanese offers are very tempting.

Again, this is all hearsay, so take it with a tub of salt.

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
Coxyz said:
It's only rumour and hearsay, but apparently he has two very good offers from a French rugby club and Japanese rugby club. Just working on final details to decide which to take, if either.

Still hasn't ruled out staying with the Broncos, but both French and Japanese offers are very tempting.

Again, this is all hearsay, so take it with a tub of salt.

Is this referring to Hunt or Lockyer???

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
if he goes we can keep DT, sign Poore and update our young players contracts, start a dynasty once again

L

levikade

NYC Player
Mar 14, 2008
i think hunts looks much less interested atm. hes not celebrating with teammates after a good play like ive seen him do in season past.

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
levikade said:
i think hunts looks much less interested atm. hes not celebrating with teammates after a good play like ive seen him do in season past.

He still seems to be talking alot on the field, on the nine coverage you could hear him screaming something about ' 10 minutes left, no mistakes', which says to me he is still very much interested.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
ronnyd said:
levikade said:

He still seems to be talking alot on the field, on the nine coverage you could hear him screaming something about ' 10 minutes left, no mistakes', which says to me he is still very much interested.

He comes across to me as someone who's trying to lead by example. He's not a kid anymore, and not doubt the investigation made him grow up a bit too.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
It looks to me like Henjak has stopped his kamikaze style runs into the defensive lines this year, rather than the argument that he's disinterested. He still looks very competitive and like he wants to win. The only time he hasn't was when he had that bout of severe food poisoning.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
It looks to me like Henjak has stopped his kamikaze style runs into the defensive lines this year, rather than the argument that he's disinterested. He still looks very competitive and like he wants to win. The only time he hasn't was when he had that bout of severe food poisoning.

Exactly. If he wasn't playing as part of the team, then I'd be concerned that all this money talk has gone to his head.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Whoah what's this?

Three people in a row talking common sense and not over analysing the situation?

Coxy take note. icon_smile

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hunt clearly doesn't like the Broncos anymore. He's never involved, he doesn't yell to the players, and he's playing horrible.

I agree with all the people who think he's had it and is no longer interested.

No really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • leon.bott
  • winslow_wong
  • TimWhatley
  • bazza
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • BRC088
  • Shane Tronc
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.