Post game discussion * Spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
First half: absolute shit.
Second half: First 20 minutes: very good. Last 20 minutes: worse than absolute shit.

Henjak not happy and rightly so. Very poor effort really. Just a good burst of points early in the second half to ensure victory.

Excellent games from Summerpot, Clinton, Kenny and Thaiday. Rest of them, meh.

Hunt's defence on the Pearce break was a perfect sign he and the team had thought the game was in the bag. Honestly, if he was playing oztag he would've missed him. Absolutely utterly terrible. In saying that, that was his best game in attack this season, so maybe he's turning his shit around.

Roosters? LOL. If they make the finals they've overachieved.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Winterstein.

If I have to explain it to you I'm going to break into your house and steal the keys from your dad's wallet. LOLz.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Don't worry, I just got it LOLZ.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Did anyone see Josh Dugan's diffusing of a line break for the Raiders last night? That's how a fullback should do it.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
That was an awesome tackle. If he tackled the legs they would have scored but he even managed to half roll him over.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Little bit late, and I'm not really going to add much more in here aside from mentioning Clinton and Winterstein especially. Two wonderful games - they didn't get absolutely everything right, but they did a LOT of things really well and back themselves in every situation. IMO it will do wonders for Winterstein's confidence, and seeing Clinton get SO involved in every set can only be a good thing.

Great touches from Taylor, too, who is really starting to show some enthusiasm on the field.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Once again I shake my head at many of BHQ's interpretation of the game.

Firstly, the reason it appeared "ordinary" in the 1st half is because it was a huge forward battle. Up front was very tough going against some fairly even players, all vying to make a name (Mason, Myles, Fitzgibbon, O'Meley, Shackleton, Kenny, Clinton, Thaiday, Parker) for themselves.

The first half was REAL Rugby League, big men smashing each other up the middle end to end. It only got sloppy in the 30+ minute mark, because both packs were dead tired. Once Henjak spoke to the boys, the first thing they did in the 2nd half was swing it wide, we scored.

Wallace was only solid in this game, however the 10th-30th minutes was football not made for backs.

Hunt was lacklustre. Yes, he scored 1 lucky try and he grubbered for another. The other one were he practically fell over the line was nothing more than tired defence. I know some people on BHQ have me all wrong and think I have an Anti-Hunt campaign. The truth is I have loved Hunt since he came through at 17, however in 2008 he was outshone by that other fullback, that said Hunt is still arguably the best fullback in the game. My problem with him is at the moment he doesn't even seem interested. Gone are the days of the constant geeing up and high fives, etc. Friday night the enthusiasm was noticeably the lowest I have ever seen from Hunt. I hope his future is sorted quickly, because his current attitude is going to hurt our season if not corrected quickly.

Kenny was the shining light for me. Just back from injury and ready to pick up where he left, this bloke is going to Vegas baby! SoO bench here we come!

More has been said about the last 10 minutes, than about Afghanistan and yes, it was soft defence from players that had switched off. That said, isn't that what all Broncos teams have done on the last 5 seasons? When we are winning by heaps, we go to sleep, nothing new. I don't like it, but it doesn't concern me.

I'm content with Henjak at the moment, how anyone can say they have question marks over his actions with last weeks bench and this week bewilders me. 4 from 5 is great, however the next few weeks leading to Rep season will really test where we are as a club. We should pick off Panthers, then some scary games with Eels up here, Knights down there and Manly up here and they will have 3 wins by then and be in form.

Then the blockbuster....Titans in Vegas! If we are 7 from 10 after Titans game, I'll be happy.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well said Hammo, although I still think the backs were shit in the first half. The few times they did have opportunities in attack they fucked it. That's nothing to do with the forwards and everything to do with lack of application amongst the 1-7 on both sides.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think the Broncos have had a tendencey to slacken off after they think the game has been won. I don't think the score is a fair indicator on how much better the Broncos were compared to he Roosters. I'd really like to see the Broncos bury sides like they used to.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It seems that the NRL believes it is alright for the tackled player to kick out and make contact with the tacklers face with their boot. that could be the only reason Myles wasn't charged with something byt the NRL review commitee. [icon_non IMHO, that is a JOKE. he should haveat the very least been charged. :roll:

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Eh, I'm not concerned about it.

There really wasn't much in it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
guppy said:
Eh, I'm not concerned about it.

There really wasn't much in it.

still players are constantly getting charged for a hell of a lot less that that

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
King_Lockyer said:
He is still recovering from a bad virus don't forget.

Surely the herpes would have been gone since september?

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Lockyer looked a bit out of sorts. Agree with Hammo, I enjoyed the first half. You can see the Broncos forwards working the Roosters over, especially O'Meley vs Kenny. Joel Clinton ran well tonight and Thaiday was everywhere in defense. Fitzgibbon was their best followed by Shackleton, Nuisala (sp?) and I thought Mason went ok. It was a good battle that our pack won and a better kicking game from Lockyer and Wallace would have seen us further ahead at half time.

I thought Wallace got the better of Pearce overall, mainly because of his defense

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I can't believe someone in here was saying Izzy's kick returns are poor? He was epic in his kick returns on Friday night. one of our best imo.

Locky seems distracted, either the fact that WB is gone or his contract negotiations. Hope he snaps out of it soon.

Karmichael had a cracking match also, he was my motm. Narrowly beating Clinton who had one of his best matches.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think Lockyer is just getting old, and not needing to do as much as we've seen him do. He's no longer the only player on the field with a bit of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Aldo
  • Howie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.