PRE-GAME - Round 21 - Manly Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not that optimistic that I'd call Manly weak. They may have had a wretched season but I think they will give a spirited display. The Manly team and staff do not think their season is over and an injured and cornered animal fights the fiercest.

Manly have a great backline but their forward pack is very ordinary right now.

Manly have a great backline but their forward pack is very ordinary right now.
That may be so but it would be hard to argue with the fact that we have now lost our no1 prop closely followed by our no2 prop, both of whom were/are in superb form. Combine that with the fact that an under siege Manly went to New Zealand and beat the well favoured Warriors and that they are now fighting for their season makes them highly dangerous. Anyone who thinks this will be a cakewalk are mistaken, in my humble opinion at least. Form says yes to a Bronco victory but we all know any team on any day etc...

For mine, the only way we will lose this is is if our discipline fails. For mine, we are where we are because we are mentally and physically tougher than the teams we have beaten. So no distractions.

After so many wins in a row, after so many weeks of maintaining the rage ... this game is against a good side and a further serious test of just good we really are, a test exactly how well entrenched that mental toughness, stamina and resolve is.

Personally, I think we will actually get better each week.

Perfect chance for our young forwards to impress the coach. Thaiday, Parker and Blair have been leading the way so far, now it's time for Wallace, Dodds and Joe O to show exactly what they're made of.

Last edited:
Perfect chance for our young forwards to impress the coach. Thaiday, Parker and Blair have been leading the way so far, now it's time for Wallace, Dodds and Joe O to show exactly what they're made of.

Wallace and Dodds had a great game last week. Looking for them to back up this week.

Hate to be a negative nancy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get the better of us. Yes, I said that last game too. They've improved while we've lost two starting props. Let's not forget it's not just the workrate we'll be missing - it's Blair's solidity in the middle, as well as his kick pressuring and discipline at marker. I don't know if Wallace has it in him to push harder in workrate as well as improve in discipline, as each would sap energy from the other. If he can step up, we're a big chance. If not, it'll leave us vulnerable in the middle and Foran will tear us up.

I had a dream we lost 18-14, but I still believe in my 13+ prediction so i'm going to stick with it.

I think we'll win, but it'll be tough.

Manly have points to prove, but then again, so do we.

If we keep our good attitude in defence then i think we should be ok.

I heard on the radio this morning that Parker is battling to be fit. Apparently he has a badly bruised arm

Article in the GC Bulletin reckon his still expected to able to play.

QRL Statement – Francis Molo
Queensland Rugby League has received submissions which indicate a return to the playing field will have a positive effect on Francis’ welfare.
The QRL was also advised by the coroner that the outcomes of our processes would not have a bearing on the current investigation.
Subsequently, a judiciary panel reconvened last night and under current QRL rules, Francis was found guilty of a shoulder charge. Prior to the panel convening, Francis’ representatives put in a submission advising they would not contest any charge.
Taking into account the time he has spent out of the game (the incident occurred on June 20), Francis is eligible to resume playing in Round 25 of the Intrust Super Cup on the weekend of August 29/30.
“In the interest of the welfare of all parties concerned, we are unable to comment further on the specifics of this case,” QRL Head of Football Neil Wharton said today.
“As we move forward, we ask that the sensitivity of this tragic and unprecedented event remains at the forefront of everyone’s minds.”
The Brisbane Broncos, Melbourne Storm, NRL and QRL will join Queensland’s rugby league community in coming together on Friday, September 4 to raise funds for the James Ackerman Family Trust.

QRL Statement – Francis Molo
Queensland Rugby League has received submissions which indicate a return to the playing field will have a positive effect on Francis’ welfare.
The QRL was also advised by the coroner that the outcomes of our processes would not have a bearing on the current investigation.
Subsequently, a judiciary panel reconvened last night and under current QRL rules, Francis was found guilty of a shoulder charge. Prior to the panel convening, Francis’ representatives put in a submission advising they would not contest any charge.
Taking into account the time he has spent out of the game (the incident occurred on June 20), Francis is eligible to resume playing in Round 25 of the Intrust Super Cup on the weekend of August 29/30.
“In the interest of the welfare of all parties concerned, we are unable to comment further on the specifics of this case,” QRL Head of Football Neil Wharton said today.
“As we move forward, we ask that the sensitivity of this tragic and unprecedented event remains at the forefront of everyone’s minds.”
The Brisbane Broncos, Melbourne Storm, NRL and QRL will join Queensland’s rugby league community in coming together on Friday, September 4 to raise funds for the James Ackerman Family Trust.
Hopefully, he can move forward now.

Channel 9 reporting Parker is far less chance of backing up, typical GC Bulletin. Based on that I think Oates will slot into the backrow and Gillett slots into lock.

Last edited:
Question is do we play Copley off the bench or do we bring in another forward and if so who?

Suddenly we look a little vulnerable...minus two experienced in form props and a world class lock and our first choice goal kicker....not confident at all...

Channel 9 reporting Parker is far less chance of backing up, typical GC Bulletin. Based on that I think Oates will slot into the backrow and Gillett slots into lock.

Could be why Copley was named 18th man. Move Copley to wing with Oates into the back row.

As much as we can't afford to lose Parker (especially with McGuire and Blair out) i would be excited to see what Oates offers us from the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • kiwibronco
  • Cavalo
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.