Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Night
18:35

Dragons

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have previously said Nathan brown given he is an aggressive player with quick leg drive but surprise, surprise, somehow the roosters have got him now.

I think we will definitely need to go shopping for a Fleggs replacement though, we don't have anyone coming through ATM that can give us close to the impact he does off the bench.
At the moment we are missing Kobe from the 17... if Taupau re-signs and goes around again next year that's two middles on the bench, so would just need to be looking at a Piakura, Willison, etc. to fill it out.

I wouldn't be looking to spend too much cash on a middle replacement that might be wanting to be in the 17 each week, but another solid middle that can do a role probably will be required.

Titans playing the Dragons into form just before they play us...

This ain't going to be a pushover.

although with how bad the Titans are going, maybe it'll make the Dragons over-confident

No game is a pushover but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dragons struggle, most teams have struggled round 2.
Although Dragons do generally start the year well. I just hope this is an outlier I.e. they got pumped up for thier first game because everyone said they'll get the spoon.

Let's just see how Sloane goes against Reyno's kicking game.

He hasn't had to do too much at this point and he's had his troubles under bombs... Reyno had Hiku seeing stars with his torps... Sloane should be expecting similar kicks coming his way next week

I said this in the rumours thread, I'd be looking at Josh Kerr. He was a fringe origin player a couple of years back but now can't even break the Dragons' side, so he'd be cheap as chips and a really good ready made depth option.

He's a pure Dolphin. Bet he goes back there.

We’ve written it a 100 times. Danger game.
You could be forgiven for thinking well, we’ve beaten 2 of the favourites, we will beat St Merge easy. Need to play your arses off, and defend like you did first 2 rounds.

Is it true that Ben Hunt hasn't lost to Broncs when he has played for St George.?
Let's hope it changes on Saturday!
His kicking game suddenly becomes elite against us. It’s like he uses us to show the world he doesn’t want to be a dummy half.

The thing that gives me confidence in this game is our game plans of late and our kick pressure. Hunt will have a target on his back. I hope we do similar to what we did with hynes, and I hope Reynolds takes it personal too.

I am bloody nervous about this game though. Their heads might be on the dolphins game

Well we hadn't beaten Penrith in Penrith in years, we hadn't beaten the Cows in about two years, so now let's add another one to the list.
We beat them last year..

At the moment we are missing Kobe from the 17... if Taupau re-signs and goes around again next year that's two middles on the bench, so would just need to be looking at a Piakura, Willison, etc. to fill it out.

I wouldn't be looking to spend too much cash on a middle replacement that might be wanting to be in the 17 each week, but another solid middle that can do a role probably will be required.
100%

We still have Haas, Carrigan, Jensen, Hetherington.. as you're saying, give Tapau another year, he's one of the best buys this year (apart from the obvious at fullback)

We will need to replace Palasia and Flegler so surely some semi experienced middles will become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • lynx000
  • HarryAllan7
  • Morkel
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Astro
  • Johnny92
  • jd87
  • Dazza 92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Volvo Driver
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.