Lang Park

Saturday
Night
18:35

Dragons

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucken get out there Patty and stop being a fucken sook, it's a big fucken play on for mine
😂😂 ⬆️ this.
It’s story time Patty…come, gather round the fire and let Uncle Mick tell you a tale of yesteryear.. A time, when men were men…
Our heroes are both local legends and from far and wide! Their names are:

Darren Lockyer - busted cheekbone from a knee

Shane Webcke - broken arm

Sam Burgess - broken cheek

And perhaps the most famous of them all..

John Sattler - Three minutes into the 1970 grand final against the Sea Eagles his jaw was broken in three places after a brutal swinging forearm when he wasn't even looking, let alone had the ball.

and you have a “tooth ache”?! Let us know how you’re feeling Saturday morning 😉

I hope all this talk about us focusing on not being complacent is legit and they actually back that up.

This is not a guaranteed victory. It is a danger game. We have never beaten the Dragons when Hunt is playing and we're not talking about 1-2 games here, we've played them 6 times when Hunt was playing and lost every one. In each of those games, Hunt was one of the main reasons why we lost. Our win against them last year was our first against them in 5 years, we were on a 5 game losing streak against them.

We had a dominance over them for some time prior to Hunt joining them, but now it's gotten back to the way it was back around the mid 2000's when they were a real bogey side and we would struggle to beat them.

Let's not forget that Dragons have been copping shit all pre-season regarding their coach and their roster and they will be coming up here with a point to prove. They are playing on emotion at the moment and that makes them a dangerous side.

Cory Paix:

“Absolutely, my goal is to start. Just because I’m coming off the bench now doesn’t mean I’ll take a step back. I’m going to keep progressing forward, it’s in my nature. Long-term, I want the nine jersey. Whether it comes tomorrow or later down the track, I’m aiming to get that nine jersey."​
“There’s a lot of things I want to achieve in my game personally. I want to get to the highest level. At the moment it’s baby steps. It comes a lot quicker for most players, but I’m one it doesn’t happen that quickly for. I’ve always been the guy that works hard and earns what I get. I want to be known as that."​
“I think I’ve started the year off well. I really wanted to nail my defence, Kevvie gave me that narrow focus."​
“I’m a small body but I’ve got to get in there, rip in and go after it. I feel like I’ve been doing that. Yeah, I could probably run a bit more, but the games are different each week. Each game presents itself differently. When the opportunity comes I’ll take them with the ball.”​
“It was certainly a challenge at the start and something I wasn’t open to. I played seven my whole life, but once the coach wants you to do something you get on with it and do it. As time evolved, I adapted to it and got on with the job. I’m loving it now. It’s my position at the moment with the way the game’s changed. I can use my speed around the ruck. I’m enjoying it and it’s somewhere I want to stay.”​
“I definitely think Carrigan is a chance. He had a bit of an infection with the wisdom tooth. He was running pretty well on Wednesday and is in good spirits around the place. Being that later game on a Saturday, I think he’s a chance to play. We’re expected to win but we’ve gone back to the drawing board and know what the task in front of us is. If we just get our own games right individually and work on what we’ve been doing the last two weeks, and expanding our footy, we’ll go all right.”​

Paix:

“Absolutely, my goal is to start. Just because I’m coming off the bench now doesn’t mean I’ll take a step back. I’m going to keep progressing forward, it’s in my nature. Long-term, I want the nine jersey. Whether it comes tomorrow or later down the track, I’m aiming to get that nine jersey."
Wow. Now there’s some fightin’ words.

I hear everyone, myself included, that it’s a danger game, Ben Hunt always breaks our hearts blah blah blah… This year, it’s different. This year there is something in the air. Is it Walsh? Is it that fact that some of the boys aren’t wet behind the ears anymore? Is it the defence? Not sure, but I know it’s different.

I hear everyone, myself included, that it’s a danger game, Ben Hunt always breaks our hearts blah blah blah… This year, it’s different. This year there is something in the air. Is it Walsh? Is it that fact that some of the boys aren’t wet behind the ears anymore? Is it the defence? Not sure, but I know it’s different.
I hear you mate, but I won't be convinced until we start smashing some of the lesser teams in the comp. I need to see a changed mentality in this sort of situation before I start to believe. Easy to get up for the reigning premiers and the first home game Qld derby...let's see if they can maintain the rage.

I want to believe...

Cory Paix:

“Absolutely, my goal is to start. Just because I’m coming off the bench now doesn’t mean I’ll take a step back. I’m going to keep progressing forward, it’s in my nature. Long-term, I want the nine jersey. Whether it comes tomorrow or later down the track, I’m aiming to get that nine jersey."​
“There’s a lot of things I want to achieve in my game personally. I want to get to the highest level. At the moment it’s baby steps. It comes a lot quicker for most players, but I’m one it doesn’t happen that quickly for. I’ve always been the guy that works hard and earns what I get. I want to be known as that."​
“I think I’ve started the year off well. I really wanted to nail my defence, Kevvie gave me that narrow focus."​
“I’m a small body but I’ve got to get in there, rip in and go after it. I feel like I’ve been doing that. Yeah, I could probably run a bit more, but the games are different each week. Each game presents itself differently. When the opportunity comes I’ll take them with the ball.”​
“It was certainly a challenge at the start and something I wasn’t open to. I played seven my whole life, but once the coach wants you to do something you get on with it and do it. As time evolved, I adapted to it and got on with the job. I’m loving it now. It’s my position at the moment with the way the game’s changed. I can use my speed around the ruck. I’m enjoying it and it’s somewhere I want to stay.”​
“I definitely think Carrigan is a chance. He had a bit of an infection with the wisdom tooth. He was running pretty well on Wednesday and is in good spirits around the place. Being that later game on a Saturday, I think he’s a chance to play. We’re expected to win but we’ve gone back to the drawing board and know what the task in front of us is. If we just get our own games right individually and work on what we’ve been doing the last two weeks, and expanding our footy, we’ll go all right.”​
Here is a summary, of what Cory said:
🖕🏻🖕🏻That #9 Jersey is mine, come get it if you want it 🖕🏻🖕🏻
That’s what we want to see, everyone fighting for their spot, let alone for 80mins a week on the field.

I hear you mate, but I won't be convinced until we start smashing some of the lesser teams in the comp. I need to see a changed mentality in this sort of situation before I start to believe. Easy to get up for the reigning premiers and the first home game Qld derby...let's see if they can maintain the rage.

I want to believe...
Believe it. And the boys will help you see it Saturday night… It’s in the air!!

I want to believe...
There are no easy games. Only hard games and even harder games.

Here is a summary, of what Cory said:
🖕🏻🖕🏻That #9 Jersey is mine, come get it if you want it 🖕🏻🖕🏻
That’s what we want to see, everyone fighting for their spot, let alone for 80mins a week on the field.
Billy has the 9 jersey. Cory is the one who was to come and get it.

I agree, something does feel different. Both wins were great and both times the team has talked as though neither were anything special. Every interview has spoken about this game being important and they need to have their heads switched on, some like Reynolds have referenced them basically knocking us out of finals last year, etc. The Broncs seem like a smarter team this year.

I agree, something does feel different. Both wins were great and both times the team has talked as though neither were anything special. Every interview has spoken about this game being important and they need to have their heads switched on, some like Reynolds have referenced them basically knocking us out of finals last year, etc. The Broncs seem like a smarter team this year.
I think they learned a lot from last year especially at the back end and it would be motivating them

Willison and Piakura are on standby to replace Carrigan if needed.

Walters:

"Patty is doubtful. We’ve named him but he’s in a bit of doubt. We’ll give him until game day to make his decision. It’s got to heal. He was at training on Wednesday and looked quite swollen and sore. The game is only a few days away. He could play through some pain, but we’ll listen to our medical people and make a decision late in the week. That hit in the face could be a problem for him and it’s likely it could happen. We won’t put him at risk if there’s any.”​

Walters:

"Patty is doubtful. We’ve named him but he’s in a bit of doubt. We’ll give him until game day to make his decision. It’s got to heal. He was at training on Wednesday and looked quite swollen and sore. The game is only a few days away. He could play through some pain, but we’ll listen to our medical people and make a decision late in the week. That hit in the face could be a problem for him and it’s likely it could happen. We won’t put him at risk if there’s any.”​
It did look painful and swollen. Not worth it for a dragons game. Shame Kobe isn't fit but flegler could play 13 pretty easily. He's the obvious choice to replace patty. I would have piakura over willison. He looks like a good defender and having an edge forward on the bench makes sense if a centre or 2nd rower go down. Capes can cover and piakura can come on in his natural position.

Walters:

Not to underestimate the dragons, but I'd happily see him rested this game, than risk missing the next few.

Neither W or P are a like for like replacement, but we'd just have to ask for a bit more out of Flegler for the game I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.